• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

front pocket pistol recommendations

Agree with above on the BG380 and PM9, or the P380 if you can find one. The PM9 is the smallest 9mm gun. The Sig P365, Glock 42 and maybe a couple of others may be pocketable.

Ruger LCR, any caliber. I'm telling you, that thing dis-a-ppears in your pocket.

I have a S&W 642, which is similar size. I find the PM9 easier to conceal, it has real sights, faster to reload, a better trigger, and less felt recoil.

My PM9 gets carried regularly. My 642 sits in the safe. I sold my Ruger sp101 and haven’t ever missed it.

I love revolvers, but snubbies just don’t work for me. YMMV.

I've been carrying an LCP .380 auto for about 10 years, every day. I forget it's there until I'm in a situation that seems "sketchy"...It's a great feeling knowing something is there. It's not real fun to shoot but I still pull it out once a month or so and send a few mags worth of rounds downrange. I have considered an LC9 but it's just large enough where it's not "forgettable" like the LCP. I stick the LCP in a pocket holster and it never prints.

Last edited:
Depends on the day. The auto's are real nice, but some days, it's great to carry a J-frame. Bigger, but not crazy so. Printing is less of an issue as it's not as "gun shaped" as a semi-auto. Handle tends to be readily grabbed in pocket.

I've also got a BG. I had a P3AT. Just a TAD too light. Wasn't as reliable b/c it was too light (3-4oz) and it was making it hard to hold onto while it cycled.

I found the PM9-sized guns just a bit too big for me to pocket carry. Depends on you, your pockets, and what you are comfortable with.

9mm Shield in a Sticky Holster
71DgzftdZDL._SY606_.jpg

Advice on the Desantis Nemesis Pocket Holster (my 2 cents):

If you haven't had to replace a soft pocket holster at least once... you aren't carrying it enough...

So,... Buy a couple of these pocket holsters. Why? After time the nemesis will "close around" the pistol like a well-formed kydex holster, (or a clam on a sea-worm...)
and when drawing the pistol, it comes out of the pocket with the holster firmly wrapped around it. (This takes a while, but those of you who have used a nemesis for some time know exactly what I mean...)

By having more than one nemisis, I keep one under a stack of books (think 4 or 5 Webster's dictionaries, or a quarter of the Encyclopedia Britannica series...) when my daily-carry comes down with a case of "The Grips" I swap them out. The holster that has been setting under the weight of the books has become flat and yielding once again, like when it was new. I have been doing this for 8 or so years and it has saved me a bundle over time for this very durable and practical pocket holster...

~Matt

Last edited:
By having more than one nemisis, I keep one under a stack of books (think 4 or 5 Webster's dictionaries, or a quarter of the Encyclopedia Britannica series...) when my daily-carry comes down with a case of "The Grips" I swap them out. The holster that has been setting under the weight of the books has become flat and yielding once again, like when it was new. I have been doing this for 8 or so years and it has saved me a bundle over time for this very durable and practical pocket holster...

~Matt

I tried. It did nothing.

I've got a dozen of these babies on top of that holster.

s-l300.jpg

Lol. I think you might be better off with the traditional method then, which is a damp facecloth and an iron... [rofl2]

Or, maybe a stack of these would be better...

iu

They hold more, so they should be heavier.

Back
Top Bottom