Fronsight training Vegas

I knew several coworkers who went when I worked in CA. They all had a good time. Lots of California shooters go. They are well-known out there. Search on calguns.net forums.

Go and have a good time!

Jason

I remember reading that. Something about him using the video of a trooper being shot to death as a promotional tool for his program.

I am on his [STRIKE]email[/STRIKE] spam list and remember getting an apology email after that incident but I do not remember getting the initial email. Anyway, I look at the guy and immediately think diddler...not sure why though.

I would love to hear your report back on the experience. Wishing you the best in Vegas baby!

"Dr." Pizza was also involved in some property scandal a while back. All I know is his training courses are seriously overpriced (even if you do get a gun for going) regardless of whether the information/skills/training is good or not. But like any training you'll attend throughout your life, take everything with a grain of salt. That could also include the comments here [laugh]

I wrote a review at http://blog.smartdefense.net

Guy can be as shady as he wants, it's a business, so he'll do what he thinks he needs to to get money and keep his business in business.

That being said, had an awesome time at the class (4 day pistol), girlfriend loved it too and am going with a bunch of friends in late march for the rifle course. the course itself is very professional and good at what they're trying to do, teach you to shoot.

The way he runs his business is to overprice his classes, then offer discounts. such as going on Ebay and getting a course certificate for your first course, which you can get for around $130-180. this makes the course look like a huge savings in the long run. and every now and then he'll get lucky and someone will cough up the whole 2k for the class, so bonus for him, lol. same thing with the memberships.

Last edited:
"Dr." Pizza was also involved in some property scandal a while back. All I know is his training courses are seriously overpriced (even if you do get a gun for going) regardless of whether the information/skills/training is good or not. But like any training you'll attend throughout your life, take everything with a grain of salt. That could also include the comments here [laugh]

There are two components to his business - firearms training and his planned community. There were some suits over the planned community and issues regarding sale of some lots (or rather, sale of an obligation to transfer a lots to the buyers in the future), but I have never heard anything negative about the training.

I am on his mailing list, and they make interesting reads - particularly the deal de jour.

heard from a reputable, well known, well trained, to be unnamed someone in the business for a long time that it is a super shady op there, but as said you get out of it what you can. nothing ventured nothing gained. i have found that anytime i am training it can only be a good time. enjoy and let us know if you will be going back for further training.

Jim,

I just ran into Ignatius at SHOT...he wants to know if you can put night sites on his Glock when you're out there...he said bring the Simple Green...its gonna get messy!

Matty,cant wait,to out shoot you, I like steak smothered in pork chops with aside of lobster tails,and a cold beer and a pack of Newports! enjoy!The Flynnsta.

Matty,cant wait,to out shoot you, I like steak smothered in pork chops with aside of lobster tails,and a cold beer and a pack of Newports! enjoy!The Flynnsta.

The question is what do you want me to bring? my springfield or a glock? either way...without your glasses your toast buddy!

From what I've read, Front Sight is stuck on stupid teaching Weaver stance to handgun students.

I keep waiting for the announcement for the opening of Jose's School of Post-Modern Gun Slingery so I can sign up, head off to Ohio and start unlearning all the stupid out-dated crap I've been taught by Gun Site, Frontsight, Rob Pincus, John Farnum and all those other amateurs.

Ken

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/46358-NES-field-trip-to-Front-Sight-Pahrump-NV

Here is a thread detailing a trip a group of members made to frontsight in 08. should give you some insight as to what to expect. The training is basically good, you will work on the fundamentals, if the suggested method / stance doesn't work for you than use what you are comfortable with. I tried to use the stance they suggested, but I subconsciously reverted back to what I am comfortable with. As for some of the negative comments, just remember this is the internet, some of these people would ague against a beautiful spring day, just to try and prove how smart and superior they are

Back
Top Bottom