• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

From then Men and Women over there...

Well, we have some of the send off. Now I think that I'm going to start a thread that we can share neat pictures from the ones that are or were over there.

When I read that Mrs. Tank has a bunch, I figured why not share them.

This is Paul's best friend. He was the Best man in his wedding and one hell of a guy. This is from when he was over there. He was one of the first groups to go over there.

Anyway, this is from when they stormed Saddam's Palace. Here is one after, where he caught a fish off the back of his Palace. He said that he's going to send me the one of him sitting on Saddam's Throne. So I'll pop that one up when It comes in as well.

BillFishing.jpg

Here are some landscape shots from over there. Part of the problem with my pics is that I haven't had time with Brett to figure out what they all are! I'll lable what I can.

a_P4230032.jpg

a_P4260038.jpg

a_P4250036.jpg

MrsWildweasel said:
Nice pics guys. Thanks. Looked like the camel didn't want to cooperate.

Camels are miserable, dirty, bad-tempered... and they spit. The way to get a camel to cooperate is with a baseball bat... or a .357.

Give me a horse any day... especially if it's an iron one.
fahr38.gif

Ross

You actually think a .357 is big enough to get a camel to cooperate?

I think their sole purpose in life is to make us appreciate horses more.

ETA - James sure doesn't speak highly of them. He liked his pet cats there more.

Nickle said:
You actually think a .357 is big enough to get a camel to cooperate?
Yes, I do. One round from a .357 to it's head and I guarantee you it won't spit at you ever again.

Nickle said:
I think their sole purpose in life is to make us appreciate horses more.
It works.

Nickel said:
James sure doesn't speak highly of them. He liked his pet cats there more.

James sounds like a very intelligent man. :D

Ross

Some days, I could argue that with you, and win. He's half "cement head German", and it shows on those days.

You are right about the .357, I guess it'd work, if you get close. Personally, I detest the damned things. I'm thinking 7.62 NATO or 7.62x54R.

Camels are indeed the nastiest, most mean-tempered animals ever to walk the earth. OTOH, riding them isn't that bad. The gait is totally different from a horse, with a lot more pitch, which takes some getting used to.

Ken

MrsWildweasel said:
Let me guess Camel it's the other white meat. [twisted] And don't tell me it tastes like chicken. [lol]

Probably tastes more like GOAT, another nasty animal.

Nothing is as nasty as a chicken, and I still eat them. No goat or camel for me, though, and I'll even eat cheval (horse).

Gee... and goat is supposed to be a delicacy. [twisted] I wasn't impressed with cheval either. Had it once. My mother liked it thought us kids would, yeah right. If you knew her cooking [roll] My brother and I learned how to cook out of self preservation....

Never had moose,absolutely love venison. Like I said my mother was NOT a good cook. She can make anything taste bad. I was a kid when I tried it,so who knows. Ask Glenn how she ruined a salmon,the one and only time he met her.

Ok, here is a sampling of what I have...again, I don't have much info, and not all of these are from the group Brett was with (TF Redleg).

db_biggiecamel.gif

This camel belonged to one of the locals that worked at the market just outside of the camp. He charged something like $1 to sit on the camel and $3 for it to walk around! Of course, that was the "postcard picture" all the guys had to send home.
db_BrettAsleep.gif

This is Brett taking a break during one of his missions. He is proped over the hood of a Humvee sound asleep. His squad had a picture challenge going to catch Brett asleep in the strangest position. I don't know who won!
db_P1010025.gif

db_S-4_crew_3.gif

db_SPCSlaterinScania.gif

db_Wheres_My_Mail.gif

I think this image may have come off of the internet, but it's still good for a laugh.
db_brettsquad.gif

Brett is the one on the far right, and they are sitting on a Humvee in the back.
db_P1010018.gif

More to come...

These are from Kuwait.

db_KAWAIIT_TRAINING10.gif

They figure if you can learn to take Brett down, you can take anyone down!

db_KAWAIIT_TRAINING11.gif

db_Worknhardorhardlyworkn.gif

They do get some play time.[/img]

More from Iraq.

db_PLT_Swords_Closeup.gif

db_Plt_Swords.gif

db_pic008.gif

db_P1020007.gif

db_P4220025.gif

I'm not sure where this is other than Iraq. It's a wall that someone started for all of the lives lost in OIF from all of the troops that are their, not just the U.S.
db_P4220026.gif

db_P4220027.gif

db_P4220028.gif

db_P4220029.gif

db_P4220030.gif

db_P4220031.gif

db_P4260039.gif

That's all I have for right now...

Those are awesome Mrs. T. For a second, I thought the one of the soldier holding up the little kid in red was his hair, then I realized it was a palm tree. [lol] [lol]

Back
Top Bottom