From the Waltham Police Deptartment

Didnt know they stopped.. I renewed mine in late Feb, before lockdowns, and the license came in first week in April. They mailed it to my house, didn’t want me to come down to the station

other than that didn’t know of any changes

Who keeps the funds from the licensing fee? PoPo or town's General Fund???

Excellent, now go get your 3, count them, 3 letters of recommendation from non family members AND your letter to the chief begging him for permission to exercise your God given right to self defense.

Makes you wanna puke.

Thank you almighty Chief. I shall sacrifice a virgin .40 in your honor. Thank you for allowing us to continue to exercise the right you chose to give us.

hmm looking to move into a new house in the next couple of months wonder if my certified letters will be "lost due to kung flu"

hmm looking to move into a new house in the next couple of months wonder if my certified letters will be "lost due to kung flu"
Dont worry, just send them and forget about it.

You will find plenty of people that never receive the signed receipt, however when they go buy a gun and fill out the paperwork with the new address nothing happens, which means someone updated the system ... or the system is a lie and it doesnt really work.

This is one of the reasons in i think pds take their sweet ass time
True.

Some years ago I suggested to our town's finance manager that the town setup a revolving fund that could be used to pay the PD for OT/whatever related to processing LTCs/FIDs. I was informed that DOR has determined that this would be illegal.

Oookah waakah Waltham! Good to see someplace getting it moving. (Although, constitutionally they should have never stopped. But I digress.)

Helping a friend from Waltham. It turned to green city. But now they require a stupid letter to the chief of why you need a gun...... ill save you from my thought about it. My question is what to put in this letter? I know everyone puts in the form in reason section: "all lawful purposes". But you gotta have more BS in the letter. So what that BS should be?

Helping a friend from Waltham. It turned to green city. But now they require a stupid letter to the chief of why you need a gun...... ill save you from my thought about it. My question is what to put in this letter? I know everyone puts in the form in reason section: "all lawful purposes". But you gotta have more BS in the letter. So what that BS should be?

I need it for all lawful puposes, as is my Right.

That’s all you need to say. I was asked that in my interview. When the licensing officer said “yeah , but why do you really need it?” I just repeated it. He gave me the look them signed off. Don’t give them the opportunity to limit your use based on some trickery questioning.

I told my son to do the same thing but he didn’t listen. Got intimidated by the same officer who gave him limited use. Now he has to appeal.

Last edited:
This is one of the reasons in i think pds take their sweet ass time

I may be mistaken but when I was on the FRB site yesterday it said a portion went to the licensing agency, a portion to some fund for fingerprinting and another portion to another entity.

I’ll look it up later

25 to town/city
50 to ma
25 to Firearms Fingerprint Identity Verification Trust Fund (ma)

======

I play hockey with a waltham PD, really chill guy
. Didn't know they had a shooting range in house...also told him to be more friendly to LTC applicants last week

They will still kneel on our neck if we don't comply and constantly massage their fragile egos.

They will still kneel on our neck if we don't comply and constantly massage their fragile egos.
It is pretty funny when a Biden supporter writes sh*t like this. When you just voted for that.

I may be mistaken but when I was on the FRB site yesterday it said a portion went to the licensing agency, a portion to some fund for fingerprinting and another portion to another entity.

I’ll look it up later
None of it stays with the PD per MGLs. $25 goes to the town's "general fund" where most is spent on schools. $75 goes to the state, $25 to FRB and the rest to state general fund (welfare).

Back
Top Bottom