• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

From the "Parker v. DC" Dissent

Judge Karen Henderson wrote (on page 11):

"The Second Amendment’s “character and aim” does not require that we treat the District as a State. The Amendment was drafted in response to the perceived threat to the “free[dom]” of the “State” posed by a national standing army controlled by the federal government."

I love the say she directly quoted individual words from the Second Amendment, and then proceeded to knowingly change the words - and their meanings - inside the quotation marks. I'm surprised she didn't take the liberty of de-capitalizing the first "S" in "tate" to further demonstrate how nonsensical this aspect of her dissenting opinion really is.

Hell, why didn't she just insert an [f] in front of "arms", and put an end to this ongoing debate once and for all?

Shes a libtard (or moonbat if you prefer) she would rather wipe her ass with the constitution than admit it enumerates the rights of the great unwashed masses
(us)

She would probably be best suited asking customers if they would like frys with their order.

In contrast to the dissent, the majority opinion was one of the most kick-ass pieces I've ever read from a federal court. They characterized several of the arguments by DC as "laughable", ripped the 9th Circuit's decision in Silveira v. Lockyer, and presented extremely good arguments for every detail of its interpretation of US v. Miller. You might note that they cite Judge Alex Kozinski's dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer in the refusal of an en banc hearing by the 9th Circuit extensively.

Ken

In contrast to the dissent, the majority opinion was one of the most kick-ass pieces I've ever read from a federal court. They characterized several of the arguments by DC as "laughable", ripped the 9th Circuit's decision in Silveira v. Lockyer, and presented extremely good arguments for every detail of its interpretation of US v. Miller. You might note that they cite Judge Alex Kozinski's dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer in the refusal of an en banc hearing by the 9th Circuit extensively.

Ken

IIRC, during the oral arguments, one of the judges scoffed/laughed at one of the defense attorneys for mentioning Massachusetts in relation to the 2nd amendment.

Back
Top Bottom