• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

From GOAL: LTC/FID Application Status Check

I'm pretty sure it's 40 days period.

I forgot to clarify this aspect in my previous posts. There seems to be some confusion on this subject as well. For those who dont know, the 40 day provision is from the time the app is entered into the computer until the license is approved. What "approved" means is when all the checks come back, the PD then approves the app and sends it to FRB for the final steps and printing. Thats it. Unfortunately I am sure that there are several towns that may sit on them after they get them and other stupid reasons, but the 40 days is exactly how I explained it. I cant comment on why some people have been waiting for as long as they say, thats just ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting on my 19th week here in Beautiful Downtown Attleboro...My interview was Nov. 4, 2012

I do not see any legitimate reason for that, completely absurd.

Except the PD doesnt give a rats ass because they dont see a dime.
Exactly. They collected the cash.

Member DesmoTull had their interview, etc the same day I did. To my knowledge both of us are still waiting.

I'd hate to think I was rejected for something I forgot happened 10+ years ago. I'll call and leave a message with the officer in the morning. The officer looked up my driving record and helped me clear up some things I asked him about.
So I would hope If there was any issue I would have been notified before now.

-I was told 8-10 weeks was the wait time when I interviewed on Jan 14.-

Last edited:
One question for WPDC13.
Do you think dropping of the copy for the C&R FFL would get them moving?
I was holding off sending it in until I got the ltc.

Honestly I dont think it matters. Like I said, its either the PD waiting for the results back from the prints or they are just that slow with the process. I dont know what the delay in the prints has been lately but its getting much much worse. I used to get renewal results back in 2-3 weeks, now its more like 4-6 weeks.

I'm pretty sure it's 40 days period.

Yes.

... the 40 day provision is from the time the app is entered into the computer until the license is approved. What "approved" means is when all the checks come back, the PD then approves the app and sends it to FRB for the final steps and printing. Thats it. ...

There you go, folks.

I'd be calling everyone I could to light a fire.

Yes. Include selectmen, state reps, state senators, etc.

... -I was told 8-10 weeks was the wait time when I interviewed on Jan 14.-

8-10 weeks? That's 56-70 days, almost DOUBLE THE TIME specified by law!!! So, are you "calling everyone to light a fire" (see above).

BURN IT TO THE GROUND! [devil2]

I think most locals know that 40 days is the cut.
Mentioned to the officer that I knew 40 days was the magic number.(Unaware that it was 40 days. Period.)
His reply was that with the load of applicants that he guessed the added time was going to be necessary.
I don't think some of them know we exist as a larger body. That have eyes out for abuses.

Member Hooper and his amazing 3 week turnaround should be what we slap our locals with as proof that it can be done quickly.
Hooper interviewed the same day as myself.

The message I left with the local said "I talked to the state. They said it was pending local bg checks. I'm just checking to see if there was an issue with my app. Thanks"

Last edited:
Call them again today. And tonight. And tomorrow. And the next day. Keep calling until you get your permit.

Interview was on January 16th.

Contacted PD LO around day 40 with VM. I was contacted 5 days later and was told pending response from State. (fingerprints)

Found DCJIS contact last week and tried to call during the week and always got VM, left VM on 3/5 and never got a response.

Called today and spoke with someone who stated that my application was still pending the local PD.

Called local PD and required about status and was told that paperwork was sent in and that they are pending more info.

Then I explained I contacted DCJIS and was told that they are waiting on paperwork from the local PD and then I was told that my fingerprints along with 80+ people who applied within that same time frame I did were sent and they are trying to reach out to the Colonel of the State Police to find out the status because now its is day 54 since I have applied.

Not sure what to make of this entire "process" but the woman on the phone who works with the local PD LO spent the time to explain and assured me that they are "currently and actively" trying to get an answer as a lot of people are calling now to find out the status of their application.

Yup... Still waiting.... Today is 8 weeks.

Did the LO give you a call back, Lowbird?

Not yet. It took him 2 days to call back to make the appointment initially. So I will give him time. Knew I shoulda seen Noble. He wanted to do the appointment at like 11pm on a Friday. He had to cancel to go on the road. Very loose and easy.
Jones seemed structured. Not a guy I really want to piss off.

Ok, Norwood, I made my appointment on February 11th, did my prints on February 26th. Called the State and they said the approved LTC was mailed back to my local PD on March 5th. I'm going to give the Norwood PD a little bit of time although I'm really itching to call them. Basically from my appointment to the state mailing it back to the town was seven days. Unless I'm really confused about the process.

Sent in a change of address form Jan 1st 2013 (USPS Certified Mail)

Never heard anything from anyone (old PD, new PD, FRB)

Jan 24th Certified Mail was delivered, it's in the system that my address has been changed. So I called the FRB (Chelsea MA) they stated it has been changed but they don't mail out now licenses... Well what's the point of changing my address if it doesn't matter. All this is going to do is cause confusion if I were to get pulled over by an agrivated officer.

How can I get a new license that matches my address

Interview was on January 16th.

Contacted PD LO around day 40 with VM. I was contacted 5 days later and was told pending response from State. (fingerprints)

Found DCJIS contact last week and tried to call during the week and always got VM, left VM on 3/5 and never got a response.

Called today and spoke with someone who stated that my application was still pending the local PD.

Called local PD and required about status and was told that paperwork was sent in and that they are pending more info.

Then I explained I contacted DCJIS and was told that they are waiting on paperwork from the local PD and then I was told that my fingerprints along with 80+ people who applied within that same time frame I did were sent and they are trying to reach out to the Colonel of the State Police to find out the status because now its is day 54 since I have applied.

Not sure what to make of this entire "process" but the woman on the phone who works with the local PD LO spent the time to explain and assured me that they are "currently and actively" trying to get an answer as a lot of people are calling now to find out the status of their application.

Are you saying that your finger prints haven't even made it to sudbury to be analyzed/put through the system? btw. i completed my application on january 16th as well. I have a call into my local department because it's pending approval with them as well. if you are saying that the prints haven't even been received yet I guess things are FAR worse then i thoughte. this entire process is a joke. why on earth isn't GOAL and every other group jamming this stuff up the state's ass? I just don't get it.

Sent in a change of address form Jan 1st 2013 (USPS Certified Mail)

Never heard anything from anyone (old PD, new PD, FRB)

Jan 24th Certified Mail was delivered, it's in the system that my address has been changed. So I called the FRB (Chelsea MA) they stated it has been changed but they don't mail out now licenses... Well what's the point of changing my address if it doesn't matter. All this is going to do is cause confusion if I were to get pulled over by an agrivated officer.

How can I get a new license that matches my address

They don't issue new cards for address changes. If the officer looks you up on his computer it will pull down the current MIRCS info. Same for when you buy a gun at a gun shop, the FA-10 they print will pull from the MIRCS info.

You did what was legally required of you, there's nothing else to be done.

Just called my local PD for the heck of it to see if anything new since the 1st (which is when I called the FRB). They looked up the info and said "Nope, nothing, but the computer says everything is good, just awaiting printing so hopefully soon!". Which was then followed by "Wish this could go more quickly for you, I bet you're excited to get it! I'm sure you can't wait to go to the range and have fun shopping!" (note, it was completely sincere with no sarcasm).

You're right, I sure am. I love my town. :)

I'm still not complaining, everything considering. Application was submitted to my PD on Feb. 7th. If I get it by the end of the week or early next week it'll still only be around 40 days start to finish. The state must be backed up though, my chief approved and submitted everything to the state only around 10 days after my initial application, which would have put it around the 17th. So the rest of the time has been waiting on the state.

Last edited:
Just called my local PD for the heck of it to see if anything new since the 1st (which is when I called the FRB). They looked up the info and said "Nope, nothing, but the computer says everything is good, just awaiting printing so hopefully soon!". Which was then followed by "Wish this could go more quickly for you, I bet you're excited to get it! I'm sure you can't wait to go to the range and have fun shopping!" (note, it was completely sincere with no sarcasm).

You're right, I sure am. I love my town. :)

I'm still not complaining, everything considering. Application was submitted to my PD on Feb. 7th. If I get it by the end of the week or early next week it'll still only be around 40 days start to finish. The state must be backed up though, my chief approved and submitted everything to the state only around 10 days after my initial application, which would have put it around the 17th. So the rest of the time has been waiting on the state.

Same here, applied in Millbury on Feb. 6th, tomorrow will be 5 weeks, so that's only 35 days, I'm figuring it could be another 1, 2 or 3 weeks...lol trying to sorta forget about it and not keep rushing home from work every night to check my mailbox haha....it's tough tho, already bought an M&P 40 Range Kit, just can't pick it up yet....

Oh well, anytime in the next few weeks and I'll be happy i suppose

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

it's tough tho, already bought an M&P 40 Range Kit, just can't pick it up yet....

I'm on week 10, was told 6-8 weeks when I applied on 1/05.
So do shops allow you purchase a gun then let you pick it up when your license comes in?
I was thinking about doing that when a SIG I want showed up in stock, but by the time I called it was sold out.

Back
Top Bottom