"Frightening" Trove of Weaponry Seized from Ware Home

not to ruin the plot somewhat, but,

The men make several references to "UC," which investigators said is code for "Unintended Consequences," a 1996 novel in which federal agents are murdered to restore expanded gun rights.

actually, it begins with the federal agents committing crimes in order to frame a guy who embarasses one agent in public. the victim fires on them, not realizing who they are. the murders don't take place until later, and they're not simply "to restore expanded gun rights," which is a joke of a sentence fragment. are they restored or are they expanded?

he is being charged with purchasing EMPTY .50 caliber brass casings....WTF...buying brass metal formed into a specific shape is now illegal ?????
Has been for 10+ years if you don't have at least an FID. New to MA, I take it?

The only thing I got out of that story is that now I want to read Unintended Consequences. Hopefully I can get a copy before it's banned. Anyone know how many pages it is? Hopefully it's not a high capacity assault book.

It is - it's a good three inches thick, and a corking good read, too. Get it. Get it now. You won't regret it. Just remember to take you blood pressure medication before reading... there's a LOT of it that's NOT fiction, like, for example, all the anti-gun laws that have been passed in the last 40 years... and your BP will go up when you read it.

According to the article the chemical purchases triggered interest. They've had warning bells in place on certain purchases since Oklahoma City.

I guess it's harder to stop acting like the Gestapo than to monitor purchases of fertilizer?

McVeigh, who was beyond doubt a murdering SOB, did not act out of a vacuum. It was a response to the jackbooted thuggery of Ruby Ridge and Waco. As usual, no one wants to admit that policy has effects[frown]

It is - it's a good three inches thick, and a corking good read, too. Get it. Get it now. You won't regret it. Just remember to take you blood pressure medication before reading... there's a LOT of it that's NOT fiction, like, for example, all the anti-gun laws that have been passed in the last 40 years... and your BP will go up when you read it.

Is the FBI monitoring purchases of "Unintended Consequences", I wonder? [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom