Friggin' Liberal Doctors!

There is the occasional notion and implication that people who are not (INSERT PROFESSION HERE) will not understand because they aren't one, and I think either bender or NetDoc mentioned armchair quarterbacking earlier in the thread; it should be stated that criticizing the legality/Constitutionality/intention of things that could potentially affect them, especially in their own country, is never armchair quarterbacking.

bender, reading through the thread, you might be taking this a little more personal than intended. EddieCoyle had a pretty good post a few pages back trying to put it in perspective...there are a lot of us here who take the liberties pretty MF'in seriously.

For those reading this thread that don't think that a Doctor can **** up a gun owner's life..... I have two words...

Gregory Girard. aka MTBS guy, thrown through the wringer because his shrink ex wife made all kinds of grandiose, generic claims of "crazy" with pant shitting hysterics, despite the fact that there was absoultely no evidence the guy intended to actually cause harm to anyone.

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x1036629599/Manchester-man-escapes-time-in-jail

She didn't even have to use the system to do it, either, just her "word".

-Mike

There is the occasional notion and implication that people who are not (INSERT PROFESSION HERE) will not understand because they aren't one

That's like saying someone who is not a professional in the field of car repair is not qualified to comment on bad body work.

For those reading this thread that don't think that a Doctor can **** up a gun owner's life..... I have two words...

Gregory Girard. aka MTBS guy, thrown through the wringer because his shrink ex wife made all kinds of grandiose, generic claims of "crazy" with pant shitting hysterics, despite the fact that there was absoultely no evidence the guy intended to actually cause harm to anyone.

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x1036629599/Manchester-man-escapes-time-in-jail

-Mike
Wow...

-Mike
This. Another example was the "Doomsday Preppers" guy whom had his Dr. decide he was "depressed", and called the cops and had all his firearms removed.
It does not take much at all to ruin a person's life. The road to hell IS paved with good intentions and we have been guilted into erroring on the side of covering our ass as opposed to erroring on the side of individual rights and liberty.

A re-occurring theme has came up a few times in this thread.. licencing. That is what it boils down to.. trading power for control of that person's livelihood.
One of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing was a very well respected surgeon and client of mine, as well as mentor and good friend. A wise man who always seemed to be able to be two or three steps ahead of things, he talked to me one day about his decision to start his exit from being a doctor. He told me the primary reason is he knows his profession is becoming one of a political pawn.. Play the game and keep your license and get a little bit of power over people, buck the trend and you lose your livelihood and everything you have worked for. He did not envy young doctors.. he said some of them would love the power, kickbacks, and respect they get (at the cost of being held by the balls by the pharm/medical/political groups) while others will realize what is happening and not like it, but be forced to go along with things to keep their profession and not be drown in student load debt. He said most of it would be logical at first... under the name of those that can't protect themselves, later those deemed by others to not be able to protect themselves, and finally we would all have no choice in the matter, especially if we have been denounced by another.

That was 6 years ago.
Fast forward to the above examples. Think about Biden saying "Anyone that loves their guns that much needs their head examined!" during the debates. I would not be amazed in the least to hear "hoplophillia" become an illness coined by the progressives as a mental condition that needs to be treated and is a disqualifier for someone to own weapons... and all they have to do is threaten your existence for you to at least consider making a judgement that may ruin someone else's life.. and I can't blame you. I don't doubt for a second the doctors in this thread are good people doing a noble profession, but would not at all be out of order to take a hard look at how medical and social services are being used for going after groups and individuals that anger the system.

Last edited:
Gotta be careful about who your doctors are. Gotta make sure you trust em.

On that level, I suppose not answering the question for a new physician you don't know well yet is a good call. I'll stand corrected on that one, though I still make no apologies for being a gun owner and do not try to hide the fact.

Back
Top Bottom