Friend tried to create NES account, got “rejected” message

daveshrews

NES Member
A friend of mine (who is a new LTC holder) tried to create a NES account, and after a day and a half of waiting, got a system message that her account was rejected with no explanation.

Does anyone happen to know what would cause a new account to get rejected, and how to fix this / who to write to about it?

Prolly something simple. Contact a Mod for help...

What email did she use? Weird/generic ones can look like spammers and get rejected

Is there a list of mods somewhere? I looked and I know I should be able to find it but my brain has apparently gone on vacation without me.
sure.

Admin
EddieCoyle
DrGrant
Pilgrim

Perfect, thanks for the help!
Disregard the first line "Was She"

It's an artifact that should have been deleted when I posted my reply.

I was going to ask: "Was she trying to pay for a membership or just gain a login?"

Just gain a login for now. But she will definitely become a green member soon.
Disregard the first line "Was She"

It's an artifact that should have been deleted when I posted my reply.

I was going to ask: "Was she trying to pay for a membership or just gain a login?"

That makes sense. I wrote to a couple admins, so hopefully they can help. Thanks again! I’m sure it’s something simple or just a system error of some kind.
You'll get an answer, and it is probably very simple.

Prob just a mod having a bad day. They're pretty tinfoil about IPs. Did 'she' register a new account while running a VPN?

Maybe Gmail related, ie, confirmation email from NES to her Gmail bouncing?? Google is apparently rejecting/bouncing more emails as of last week...overzealous spam protection(?) I have a work account that apparently Gmail doesn't like now, so clients with Gmail accounts suddenly aren't getting my emails.

@sHORTY is the one to ask.

Apple is doing some privacy things lately that can sometimes make legit users look like spambots, so that may be the issue. Best bet is to ask in the tech support area.

Tech Support

Back
Top Bottom