• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Friend In Ct

I have a friend who has a small home in woodstock CT. she raises chickens and goats and plants a garden. she is a vegan tree hugger but is curious about keeping her animals safe from coyotes and or hungry neighbors if SHTF. with all this no contact PD in Woodstock and state Police have a "pause on licensing" as laws in CT goes I assume the need some type of permit to merely possess a gun in their home? yes/no is there a black powder law in CT for pistols or rifles? or is she and her husband stuck looking at the dukes of hazzard bow and arrow defense system ....lol

I am very familiar with MA law but am ignorant on CT law....

There is no license required to possess any firearms of any kind in CT.

A pistol permit gets you the right to buy ammo, handguns and long guns and to carry handguns.

A long gun certificate gets you the right buy ammo and long guns.

Key here is no license is required to possess anything.
No license is required to carry or use a long gun in any way. A person without any license can transport, carry, hunt with or use in any way a long gun.

I realize I'm repeating myself. But MA people in particular are usually amazed by this.

Oh one more thing. You can loan your friend a handgun. Though without a pistol permit, she can't leave her house with it except under certain circumstances.

See below.

Don

Back
Top Bottom