• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Friend has his CCW wife doesn't and he wants to put it in his backpack inside the car

Question, does that locked container have to be a hard case or is the soft case OP found on Walmart sufficient. (For the law, I mean. Obviously it is cheese)

I have a $80ish "micro" vault in the car to stash such things if I need to. Looks real cool with "fingertip" combo buttons. It would stand up to a screw driver for possibly 30 seconds, but definitely meets the legal requirement.

Yup, same here. Cabled to the seat. Pair of heavy cutters and it's gone or decent screwdriver to pop it. But it means that I'm NOT leaving an improperly stored loaded firearm when I run into the post office.

On the plus side, it's in my locked/alarmed truck, out of sight. The TRUCK is what's keeping it safe, not the stupid little micro-vault. The micro-vault is keeping me safe from the law.

Are banks now gun-free zones? I'd think a bank is one of the MOST likely places to need to carry.
Didn't know better at the time, I was a "rookie"
Some states make it illegal to carry in a bank. MA, ME, NH, VT are NOT one of those however. But I keep hearing that drivel fall out of the mouths of "instructors" all the time.
Amen!
I disagree. Most bad guys coming into a bank are after money, not blood. I'm not risking my life or suitability to save the bank's money.
True, but if they're waving a gun around, my life IS being threatened.
Yup, same here. Cabled to the seat. Pair of heavy cutters and it's gone or decent screwdriver to pop it. But it means that I'm NOT leaving an improperly stored loaded firearm when I run into the post office.

On the plus side, it's in my locked/alarmed truck, out of sight. The TRUCK is what's keeping it safe, not the stupid little micro-vault. The micro-vault is keeping me safe from the law.
That's what I had, and still have, and use for EXACTLY those reasons. And since "concealed means concealed" and my "give-a-damn" is becoming less and less effective, I may carry more and more in those places I'm not supposed to. Or I don't. All hypothetically of course. Maura. Or Marsha. Or whatever that C. U. N. T's name is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom