• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Friend has an old gun. Help needed.

JES Consulting

Instructor
NES Member
Friend of mine has an old gun. He is trying to get as much info on it as possible.Prodaction date, value, etc.
Unfortunately, I was unable to help him.

The gun is Colt 45. On the slide- PT. F.A. MFG Hartford Conn USA
Government Automatic. Serial number 3103xx-C.

Gun is unfired in excellent condition.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

According to a serial number list which I found on Sam Lisker's excellent website ( http://www.coltautos.com/) this appears to be a 1967 model firearm.

1967 308500C-315599C 7100

If it really is unfired and if he has any of the original packaging, I would think that $1,000 is a good starting point. Of course, the way older firearms are being gobbled up, that might be a bit low.

never mind FPrice has better info and faster than I got

Last edited:
According to a serial number list which I found on Sam Lisker's excellent website ( http://www.coltautos.com/) this appears to be a 1967 model firearm.

If it really is unfired and if he has any of the original packaging, I would think that $1,000 is a good starting point. Of course, the way older firearms are being gobbled up, that might be a bit low.

It may be worth more than that. I let my subscription to BB lapse, and am too lazy to renew it this instant, but it is likely more than $1K and more like $1500 and up. The reason I say this is it may be one of the last pre-70s series guns out there. That is a classic, true 1911 design but unfired.

It may be worth more than that. I let my subscription to BB lapse, and am too lazy to renew it this instant, but it is likely more than $1K and more like $1500 and up. The reason I say this is it may be one of the last pre-70s series guns out there. That is a classic, true 1911 design but unfired.

You are quite probably correct in that.

Back
Top Bottom