• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Friend had nics deny him new purchase (finger print ?)

btnh6668

NES Member
My question is regarding the finger prints. He is in New Bedford and the police informed him they no longer do paper finger prints only digital. So in order to file the appeal he needs to get his prints done. Anyone have any idea where he can go?

Nics you can self print. And I would not appeal. I would file for a UPIN. You can do the UPIN online application and upload a photo of the fingerprint card. You should have a response in 7-10 days and a UPIN good for all purchases.

if you appeal it could take a long time and the outcome is at best a one time UPIN. I had a customer appeal. Took 3 years. Got a one time UPIN for that one purchase. After that he tried a new purchase and was denied again.

I just had electronic prints done for the first time the other day. After the officer submitted them to AFIS, he printed a copy on an "applicant" card and gave it to me to keep. The only difference on the card from all the others I had done with ink, is that there are no smudge marks and no dirty hands after I was done. Also the electronic device tells the officer if the print is bad to repeat it, so there shouldn't be any rejections.

If there was a need to SnailMail or scan a card somewhere, that could easily be done with the card I was handed. I don't see what the issue is here . . . he just needs the card the FBI will accept to print the electronic prints on the card.

Last time I had the LTC and Green card renewed, the "machine" didn't pass my fingerprints 'cause the old fingers are worn too smooth. The answer was to "make it work" somehow. I don't know what they did, but it "worked" somehow. Maybe there is a "no problem" key to click on somewhere. Maybe after 50 years in a green town, nobody GAS. Jack.

Last time I had the LTC and Green card renewed, the "machine" didn't pass my fingerprints 'cause the old fingers are worn too smooth.
Now you're in big trouble.

If you have no papillary ridges,
then every blank surface at every crime scene
is just covered with "your fingerprints".

Last edited:
Last time I had the LTC and Green card renewed, the "machine" didn't pass my fingerprints 'cause the old fingers are worn too smooth. The answer was to "make it work" somehow. I don't know what they did, but it "worked" somehow. Maybe there is a "no problem" key to click on somewhere. Maybe after 50 years in a green town, nobody GAS. Jack.
Fun Fact when you adopt kids you need to be fingerprinted and Interpol is verrry picky. I have very low ridges. Finger printed by two police stations. Interpol rejected them. Private Dick in the basement of some old jewelers building in Boston whose office was literally in the old vault had the touch and that card passed. Fast foward two years for next adoption, this is in the 90s, was sent to some government building (not Tip Oneil Shrine) by the Gaaaarrrrden using digital scan. Very large Jamican women took my hands looked at them and said nope no gonna happen. She handed me a bottle of corn silk I rubbed that into my fingers and presto fingerprint heaven. I noticed that there was a bottle at every station.

10 years later getting fingerprinted a local PD for LTC had same problem told them the cure. When I went back 5 years later for sons FID. Yup bottles of corn silk at finger print scanner.

Back
Top Bottom