• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Friday's (4/20/18) massive National School Walkout

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Here we go again.

Bob

If you think students are done protesting gun violence, get ready for the National School Walkout.

On Friday morning, students from more than 2,500 schools across the country will stream out of class to demand lawmakers take action.

While the theme is familiar, this event is different. Here's what you need to know about Friday's student-led movement:
April 20 is the anniversary of the 1999 Columbine High School massacre in Colorado, where 12 students and a teacher were killed.

That mass shooting took place 19 years ago, before today's high schoolers were even born.

But many students -- including current Columbine students -- say their lives have been shaped by sporadic school massacres, and not enough has been done to help prevent them.

At 10 a.m. in each time zone, students will walk out and observe a moment of silence for shooting victims.

What happens after that will be up to each school's walkout leaders.

One sample agenda suggests marching to a local lawmaker's office; allowing open-mic time for students to share concerns; and helping register those who are eligible to vote.

"For the rest of the day," the sample agenda reads, "students won't return to class, but will make calls to their Senators' offices and flood social media with calls for reform."

Read More:
What to expect from Friday's massive National School Walkout

So they scheduled it for 4/20, huh?

giphy3.gif

If these little shits are worried about shootings they should just wait for the day when some bozo they have convinced tries to take away guns. It will go well for a day or two or three. Then the word will spread and they will have brought on a new kind of ugly they have only seen in movies and will quickly realize they have stuck their junk in the fuse box. Hope I'm alive to participate. All I can see in my minds eye is that commercial with the two young "men" calling mom because they have a flat and aren't quite sure what a lug wrench is.[rofl] What the hell has happened to this fine country. I welcome the dirt nap.[rolleyes]

Yep- they are pushing for 16 to be the new minimum age to vote. Much easier to influence (warp) at that age...

And just a month ago we had to have congress consider legislation to ban these little twerps from eating tide pods.... And they're old enough to vote....

My oldest is in driving school this week. I wonder if they will walk out of driving school. If they do she better wait until after the test...lol

If my kid was old enough and his school was pulling this shit, I'd keep him home that day and take him to the range.
My kids are old enough and I deeply want them to protest any meaningless cause. I will hold the school school system to the same actions they took for the last antigun protest, which was none. Sadly for me, I can not bring myself to use them as a pawn in my game. Instead, I try to teach them to think and act independently, hoping they come to the same conclusions as I have.

Although nowadays chances are most of these kids are going to go outside and light up a joint... after all it is 4-20...

So a bunch of high school students are celebrating Hitler's birthday?

No. Suppsedly those two f***tard pieces of shit who shot up Columbine, did so purposely on Hitler’s birthday. That’s the rumor at least; I’ve not seen that confirmed.

No. Suppsedly those two f***tard pieces of shit who shot up Columbine, did so purposely on Hitler’s birthday. That’s the rumor at least; I’ve not seen that confirmed.

I know, I was just making a poor attempt at sarcasm- " they're talking about taking the guns away etc, so obviously they're celebrating Hitler..."

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom