Fresh Green in Canton

To my surprise, 2 friends got unrestricted in Canton a few months ago. Side note: Bumped into Berkowitz working a detail in the club section of a Pats game a couple seasons ago. I was passive-aggressively trolling him, asking about his carry rig and acting inquisitive about their licensing. Meanwhile, I knew his policy from the beginning.

you were so close to one of the right ones.

This is what I get for letting my girlfriend pick our new apartment. Only 11 more months! [crying]

To my surprise, 2 friends got unrestricted in Canton a few months ago. Side note: Bumped into Berkowitz working a detail in the club section of a Pats game a couple seasons ago. I was passive-aggressively trolling him, asking about his carry rig and acting inquisitive about their licensing. Meanwhile, I knew his policy from the beginning.

Any more information of your friends in Canton? Did they have any previous experience with firearms or anything that would give them an advantage in the application process?

No special connections and, literally, zero experience with firearms. I was just tailgating with them on Saturday. One was pissed that he wrote a long-winded essay on the reason he wants a permit and the other one basically said "to take it to the range"...both got unrestricted. Tides turning in Canton?

That's awesome news for me, LOL! [laugh]

I guess Canton is really changing. Way to go, GPP!

At risk of sounding like more of a douche than I usually do, I will actually take credit for about %75 of Cantons "green" or at least like a lime green status.

My chief has done an utter 180 in regards to firearms, I built his AR for him, and got him to carry off duty %100 of the time now too. KB is one of my closest friends, but we obviously dont always agree, but his firearm stance has become excellent.

The 2 Lts in charge of the process are both excellent, and actually know the gun laws. One is an extremely focused shooter and hunter as well, a cop who is actually a " gun guy".

The bad parts? New applicants still need 2 letters of reference. The letters Ive seen are usually one to 2 sentences long, and dont really get read lol.
The second? If an applicant puts down his/her reason for wanting an LTC so they can hunt and shoot at the range? You may get a target/hunting restriction. Other than that, its pretty green.

Im still at it, my goal is to get those two speedbumps removed

Nice and congrats! Now go blow your tax refund!

Ohhhhhhh yes. Already told the girlfriend that I'm going to be getting a few new additions to the family. She got a kitten for Christmas - I think I deserve at least a Ruger.

Big change when I lived in the town 30 years ago, congratulations.

Right? All the research I did was saying that it was damn near impossible to get an unrestricted LTC. Thanks to GPP, times have changed.

At risk of sounding like more of a douche than I usually do, I will actually take credit for about %75 of Cantons "green" or at least like a lime green status.

My chief has done an utter 180 in regards to firearms, I built his AR for him, and got him to carry off duty %100 of the time now too. KB is one of my closest friends, but we obviously dont always agree, but his firearm stance has become excellent.

The 2 Lts in charge of the process are both excellent, and actually know the gun laws. One is an extremely focused shooter and hunter as well, a cop who is actually a " gun guy".

The bad parts? New applicants still need 2 letters of reference. The letters Ive seen are usually one to 2 sentences long, and dont really get read lol.
The second? If an applicant puts down his/her reason for wanting an LTC so they can hunt and shoot at the range? You may get a target/hunting restriction. Other than that, its pretty green.

You. Are. The. ****ing. MAN!

Thanks again for everything. Any recommendations of what my first purchases should be and what shops I should check out?

Ohhhhhhh yes. Already told the girlfriend that I'm going to be getting a few new additions to the family. She got a kitten for Christmas - I think I deserve at least a Ruger.

Right? All the research I did was saying that it was damn near impossible to get an unrestricted LTC. Thanks to GPP, times have changed.

You. Are. The. ****ing. MAN!

Thanks again for everything. Any recommendations of what my first purchases should be and what shops I should check out?

Glock. You want/need/must have a Glock. Of course youll hear the usual NES bellyaching about how Glocks float, how they dont fire when covered in stripper glitter, how if you drive a Camry that Glocks are impossible to conceal, shit like that.
As far as shops go, Id normally say go to Zero Hour in Easton or 4 Seasons. Zero is still under construction I think, but 4 Seasons is good to go. Ive heard some dudes have had good luck at the place in Foxboro ish that isnt BassPro, but of course paid a bit extra.
A swell, under the radar place to shoot in Canton is Canton Fish and Game. It doesnt bring a whole lot to the table in regards to amenities, and youcan pretty much only shoot .22 rifle there, but as far as pistol goes, youcan do pretty much whatever you like. Plus you can shoot trap there if thats your thing. Big Boy rules apply there, and if you dont understand what that means, look elsewhere. Also, I happen to know a guy who keeps applications in his truck, as well as gate and clubhouse keys, and can square that away for you too if interested. Thats me btw.

Nice work. A great example of thinking globally, yet acting locally. [wink] You, sir, are precisely what the other red towns need. A respected advocate LEO that has the CoP's ear and can affect change.

Nice Work !!

Of course youll hear the usual NES bellyaching about how Glocks float, how they dont fire when covered in stripper glitter, how if you drive a Camry that Glocks are impossible to conceal, shit like that.

Who would buy a gun that won't shoot when covered in stripper glitter? That's gonna be the finish on my next ar build...better than Cerakote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work GPP!

Also he can look to Mansfield F&G as another place without hassle to shoot as you please/what you please including rifle up to .50BMG. And if you know a few back roads thru Sharon and Foxboro, nothing happening on Rte. 1 (Stadium) effects your ability to get there when you want. MF&G has come back in a big way. Take a look at the website. http://mansfieldfish.com and the pictures I took of the facility a few days ago.
http://s581.photobucket.com/user/Len-Pub/slideshow/Mansfield Fish and Game - March 2016

Also, we'll be doing the $100.00 flat rate deal again at the April 2 & 3 Foxboro gun show. And if he wants a tour of the facility, all he has to do is PM me and if we can coordinate time, I'll be happy to do so.

Last edited:
Glock. You want/need/must have a Glock. Of course youll hear the usual NES bellyaching about how Glocks float, how they dont fire when covered in stripper glitter, how if you drive a Camry that Glocks are impossible to conceal, shit like that.
As far as shops go, Id normally say go to Zero Hour in Easton or 4 Seasons. Zero is still under construction I think, but 4 Seasons is good to go. Ive heard some dudes have had good luck at the place in Foxboro ish that isnt BassPro, but of course paid a bit extra.
A swell, under the radar place to shoot in Canton is Canton Fish and Game. It doesnt bring a whole lot to the table in regards to amenities, and youcan pretty much only shoot .22 rifle there, but as far as pistol goes, youcan do pretty much whatever you like. Plus you can shoot trap there if thats your thing. Big Boy rules apply there, and if you dont understand what that means, look elsewhere. Also, I happen to know a guy who keeps applications in his truck, as well as gate and clubhouse keys, and can square that away for you too if interested. Thats me btw.

I'll start looking into Glocks this week. My coworker has a Glock 23 Gen 4 and he absolutely loves it, but I want to do some solid research before I slam down the cash for one. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, my good man! I would love to check out CF&G - google has nothing on them, haha.

Great work GPP!

Also he can look to Mansfield F&G as another place without hassle to shoot as you please/what you please including rifle up to .50BMG. And if you know a few back roads thru Sharon and Foxboro, nothing happening on Rte. 1 (Stadium) effects your ability to get there when you want. MF&G has come back in a big way. Take a look at the website. http://mansfieldfish.com and the pictures I took of the facility a few days ago.
http://s581.photobucket.com/user/Len-Pub/slideshow/Mansfield Fish and Game - March 2016

Also, we'll be doing the $100.00 flat rate deal again at the April 2 & 3 Foxboro gun show. And if he wants a tour of the facility, all he has to do is PM me and if we can coordinate time, I'll be happy to do so.

Thank you for the generous offer! I would love to check the facility out. The website has some really nice photos as well as the slideshow you provided. I'll definitely be at that show, seeing as how I work in Foxboro and missed the mone last month. Plus, now I have my LTC so I won't feel like an outsider, LOL. I'll have to take you up on that offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - UPDATE: I'm now a member of GOAL and The NRA. [smile]

Goodbye, money. It's been fun.

normally say go to Zero Hour in Easton or 4 Seasons. Zero is still under construction I think, but 4 Seasons is good to go. Ive heard some dudes have had good luck at the place in Foxboro ish that isnt BassPro, but of course paid a bit extra. Thats me btw.

Personal experience with Gartman arms? Hearsay? I've been there quite a few times in the last 6 months and bought a couple of guns at very fair prices. Even a just added to the list hard to get model. Extra mags cheaper than online before shipping!

With zha gone and four seasons the always a little cheaper shit show I'm happy Gartman is there. BTW I drive by exit 34 on rt128 5 days a week, but rarely take it. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom