• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

French nuclear firm seeks to resolve 'performance issue' at China plant

The problem is reported as a "increase in the concentration of certain rare gases." At a WAG, it's a buildup of Xenon-135, which in turn may mean that there's one or more cracked fuel rods.

Last edited:
China is a very secretive country. They would never allow news of this sort to be published. And they knew full well if they reached outside the country to get help the news would be published. This is contrary to their nature.

Ergo, this is worse than China or anyone wants to admit...

China is a very secretive country. They would never allow news of this sort to be published. And they knew full well if they reached outside the country to get help the news would be published. This is contrary to their nature.

Maybe the ChiComs' spies in the US have told them that our
isotopic sniffer aircraft have already detected an anomaly,
and our spy satellites have already pinpointed which facility
has extraordinary activity.

I was in Navy Nukes in the ‘80s and recall scuttlebutt about an incident where a seismic tremor was detected that had to be a nuclear detonation in China - probably a power plant exploding. While they denied it, a river was observed on satellites to have changed course and a city of one million plus was never heard from again. Sh*t happens...

I was in Navy Nukes in the ‘80s and recall scuttlebutt about an incident where a seismic tremor was detected that had to be a nuclear detonation in China - probably a power plant exploding. While they denied it, a river was observed on satellites to have changed course and a city of one million plus was never heard from again.
swamp-gas-from-a-weather-balloon-trapped-in-a-thermal-pocket-and-reflecting-the-light-from-venus.jpg

Nuclear power plant
Safety and accidents
... A nuclear power plant cannot explode like a nuclear weapon because the fuel for uranium reactors is not enriched enough, and nuclear weapons require precision explosives to force fuel into a small enough volume to go supercritical.​

The French were consulted about the Wuhan lab and then kicked out for suggesting that the entire place was being run improperly.

So..... CCP Chernobyl.

It’s all part of their plan. Instead of more than one child per couple, they’ll do one two-headed child per couple. Same caloric intake but twice the brain power.

Reuters seems to think my wild-ass-guess was pretty close:

You nailed it.

Taishan nuclear plant: China admits damage to fuel rods​

Good, I hope they have a catastrophic event
I definitely don't want that, and not just for humanitarian reasons. Sheer enlightened self-interest suffices.

I believe we need nuclear power as part of the power generation "mix" to provide reliable base load power. As we saw in Texas, wind and solar power provide "lumpy" generation, and economically storing electricity on a utility level scale is a technological challenge I don't expect us to solve anytime soon.

Every time there's a nuclear power "event," be it TMI, Chernobyl, or Fukushima, plans to build modern nuclear plants get shelved for a decade or more. Not just in the country experiencing the disaster, but worldwide. We're barely at the point now where the US and Europe may actually build some SMR's to see how they can fit into the mix. I want to see that effort continue, thanks.

Last edited:
I definitely don't that, and not just for humanitarian reasons. Sheer enlightened self-interest suffices.

I believe we need nuclear power as part of the power generation "mix" to provide reliable base load power. As we saw in Texas, wind and solar power provide "lumpy" generation, and economically storing electricity on a utility level scale is a technological challenge I don't expect us to solve anytime soon.

Every time there's a nuclear power "event," be it TMI, Chernobyl, or Fukushima, plans to build modern nuclear plants get shelved for a decade or more. Not just in the country experiencing the disaster, but worldwide. We're barely at the point now where the US and Europe may actually build some SMR's to see how they can fit into the mix. I want to see that effort continue, thanks.
That’s cool in all but yea I still want Mainland China to go back to the dark ages. By any means necessary. Thank You

US and Europe may actually build some SMR's to see how they can fit into the mix. I want to see that effort continue
it is a solid plan, but it looks like for now they decided to jab all with poison first to see how much of the die-off will that do, and a nucelar paradise will be postponed for a desert, a bit later.

France??

Please…

Might as well be “French military seeks to improve British Army performance issue at Dunkirk…”

Good luck with that.
What is better alternative? Letting them cause another global shutdown and kill millions of people every so often? Your aware that their ultimate goal is absolutely world domination, they are sneaky, calculating and ruthless. They would destroy this country without question if they had the chance and believe me they are going over the many different ways of bringing us to our knees. Whether it be another biological approach or EMP style event, they are thinking of doing something treacherous and when the day comes when they can get away with it they will go through with it.

Back
Top Bottom