Free shooting range?

short answer: no. not in MA

now, someone who has a ton of land and shoots on their own property, perhaps.

but a free shooting range? no. I help run a range...between the hours involved keeps things maintained, paperwork, and misc crap that just needs to get done, there's no way the doors would stay open without yearly dues.

dont be cheap. buy a membership at a local club and go enjoy yourself (you do realize that going to a range can introduce you to a lot of fun new people? hell, i've met some friends because of shooting i wouldnt give up for anything)

There is a sort of "Free" outdoor target range in the Martin Burns WMA in West Newbury / Newbury. A permit is required to use it but, the permit is free if you've got a valid Mass Hunting or Sporting License.

Send your Hunting or Sporting License Number along and a S.A.S.E to the the Division of Fisheries & Wildlife Northeast District Office and they'll send you a permit to use the range.

It's usually open April - October.

Last edited:
Are there any free shooting ranges in or around lakeville? AKA taunton, middleboro?

Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor preferably.
There's New Bedford Rifle range on Woodcock Rd in Dartmouth. It's not free but for $40 a year it is far cheaper then any other range.

Shorter answer! NOTHINGS FREE ANYMORE![wink] How much do you pay for bottled water......next it will be air!

you can see if there are open to public events at some of the clubs local to you
Hanson rod and gun has open to the public small fee shooting events see web site for details hansonrodandgunclub.org
Sundays 22lr steel plate, CMP 1st sat and 3rd sunday 5 for targets
trap wednesday nights and sunday mornings

Back
Top Bottom