• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Free Polymer Lower?

Just got a one of those advertising emails from a local range.
They are advertising a free FMK polymer lower with every firearm purchase.

Forgive my ignorance but I was under the impression we were having some issues with AR lower transfers and sales since.. you know..

this has been beaten to oblivion. there are many ways an AR lower can be built into a legal firearm including fixed mag, manual cycling or as she states rimfire. hell just omit the gas tube and its GTG at least per the MGL. now the reluctance of dealers to transfer has nothing to do w MGL...its driven by the reality which is the state can harrass or shut down any dealer they want. decisions from FFLs are mostly predicated on protecting their livelihood...do not mistake this for the letter of the law.

now just because something can be made illegal doesnt mean it is. one could convert a 10-22 into full auto...does that mean dealers shouldnt transfer them?

Good, hopefully more will start transferring lowers. It would be even better if they started selling AR's again. Make no mistake, Dems see the AG position as an opportunity to legislate from the executive branch.

eg Ellison running for AG in Minnesota.

And they are not "selling" them they are "giving" them away with every firearm purchase :)

Not sure I would build this into anything but a .22, Online reviews are pretty sketchy.

All in all good for them though!

I had an FMK lower a while back. assembled a 5.56. when it cracked at the rear take down pin, MFS was good on it and gave me credit towards an aluminum lower and offered to replace the FMK also. I politely refused the FMK. as bad as it cracked, im not sure even a 22 would hold up to that.

I had an FMK lower a while back. assembled a 5.56. when it cracked at the rear take down pin, MFS was good on it and gave me credit towards an aluminum lower and offered to replace the FMK also. I politely refused the FMK. as bad as it cracked, im not sure even a 22 would hold up to that.
In today’s market I would gladly take a free lower with any utilitarian gun I buy for under $400 or so. It’s realistically enough to make me drive 2 hours there to buy a commodity sort of gun.

In today’s market I would gladly take a free lower with any utilitarian gun I buy for under $400 or so. It’s realistically enough to make me drive 2 hours there to buy a commodity sort of gun.

id drill a hole on either side of the rear take down pin and pre-emptively put a zip tie through it and cross your fingers. personally getting the BCG thrown through my shoulder isnt on my list of things to do.

I got one a few years ago and built an AR with it. Gave the AR to my Dad (who lives in Mo.) and he put a bump stock on it. Works great. No issues and it is still going strong.

id drill a hole on either side of the rear take down pin and pre-emptively put a zip tie through it and cross your fingers. personally getting the BCG thrown through my shoulder isnt on my list of things to do.
Traditionally polymer lowers don’t violently fail like that. Polymer is not best, but works for peasant with no freedom rifle already. Is good candidate for .22 build.

Back
Top Bottom