Free of MA, now to buy that one thing I've always wanted!

I finally completed my move from MA to VT today and got my VT driver's license. Good lord I've lived in MA so long that I'd forgotten a DMV could be a decent place to visit. I even remembered my old VT driver's license number from almost 30 years ago.

Anyway, after I got out of the DMV this morning I went to several gun shops looking for that one thing everybody in MA really wants but can't have. I asked at every gun store if they had one, and every single shop owner said "Never heard of it.".

So now that I'm here, I still can't get a dang Zoobow?!? What the heck?
Well it illegal to buy slingshot in ma, they sell slingshot and crossbow in wallmart up there .

Congrats on the move! Where are you? Don't believe the 7 months of winter crap everyone gives you - that's what I was expecting and we've gotten bupkis for snow, and not too cold either.

Get what you want for your free state gun. I got a lever action to celebrate, because I'm a Fudd, and I don't care about cans and magazine limits - I just like being able to carry without saying "mother may I?"

Congrats on the move! Where are you? Don't believe the 7 months of winter crap everyone gives you - that's what I was expecting and we've gotten bupkis for snow, and not too cold either.

Get what you want for your free state gun. I got a lever action to celebrate, because I'm a Fudd, and I don't care about cans and magazine limits - I just like being able to carry without saying "mother may I?"
Barre Town.

Technically, yes.
I ordered mine online.

Only to carry. Almost all the "illeguzinMazzashoozitz" stuff is CARRY illegal. Which makes the whole "we can't ship them" issue stupidly moot.

You can get a Zoobow nunchuck that throw ninja stars while pressing buttons to release double-bladed knives. . . as long as you don't carry it.

My brother in law has a rabbit problem at his house in MA. He's from South Africa and not well versed on MA gun laws so he thought it would be no big deal for me to lend him a suppressed bolt action .22LR rifle to deal with the rabbits. After I explained why it wasn't so simple, he attempted to buy a wrist rocket slingshot on Amazon and they wouldn't ship to MA. He ended up having it sent to me in NH. When did those become a problem? I remember begging my dad to buy me one at Wal-Mart in Walpole as a kid and then having it taken away by my grandfather so he could shoot squirrels on his bird feeders.

My brother in law has a rabbit problem at his house in MA. He's from South Africa and not well versed on MA gun laws so he thought it would be no big deal for me to lend him a suppressed bolt action .22LR rifle to deal with the rabbits. After I explained why it wasn't so simple, he attempted to buy a wrist rocket slingshot on Amazon and they wouldn't ship to MA. He ended up having it sent to me in NH. When did those become a problem? I remember begging my dad to buy me one at Wal-Mart in Walpole as a kid and then having it taken away by my grandfather so he could shoot squirrels on his bird feeders.
Section 12. Whoever manufactures or causes to be manufactured, or sells or exposes for sale, an instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as a dirk knife, a switch knife or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which the blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches or a device or case which enables a knife with a locking blade to be drawn at a locked position, any ballistic knife, or any knife with a detachable blade capable of being propelled by any mechanism, slung shot, sling shot, bean blower, sword cane, pistol cane, bludgeon, blackjack, nunchaku, zoobow, also known as klackers or kung fu sticks, or any similar weapon consisting of two sticks of wood, plastic or metal connected at one end by a length of rope, chain, wire or leather, a shuriken or any similar pointed starlike object intended to injure a person when thrown, or a manrikigusari or similar length of chain having weighted ends; or metallic knuckles or knuckles of any other substance which could be put to the same use and with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles, shall be punished by a fine of not less than fifty nor more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment for not more than six months; provided, however, that sling shots may be manufactured and sold to clubs or associations conducting sporting events where such sling shots are used.

Only to carry. Almost all the "illeguzinMazzashoozitz" stuff is CARRY illegal. Which makes the whole "we can't ship them" issue stupidly moot.

You can get a Zoobow nunchuck that throw ninja stars while pressing buttons to release double-bladed knives. . . as long as you don't carry it.
I have a few sets of 'chucks. Can still spin them pretty good. I've got speed chucks, weighted chucks, and practice chucks.
And I have three Bo. One is solid ipe and could easily deliver a lethal blow. It's my "walking stick" when we hike in the woods.
Lets see them make a stick illegal.

Two things I did when I moved to NC.

1. Upgrade all my Sig pistol Magazines to normal capacity.

2. I took the MA M&P 15 my grandfather had brought before he passed a year or so before the stupid healy ban to a gun Smith in NC.. I said make this a basic normal AR-15. I then get a phone call about "what's with this barrel" and why is the stock stuck. I explained it's from Massachusetts. While it's a no thrills AR-15 with a flash suppressor and a adjustable stock.. just being able to do it was awesome.

3. The right to store a gun in your car.. I typically don't do this unless I'm at say the courthouse or a government buildings which is rare.. but knowing I can is awesome.

4. "partial open carry". All of my guns I have Safariland kydex paddle holsters nothing to crazy with retention. I print a little bit but I don't care.. sometimes I open carry usually on a Sunday.. usually a revolver or my grandfather's police 6946.

No one cares down here...

Imho "Zoobow" = Tetsubo

Basically that part of the law is probably just a dumb white democrat legislative aide typo....

2253654433.jpg

Two things I did when I moved to NC.

1. Upgrade all my Sig pistol Magazines to normal capacity.

2. I took the MA M&P 15 my grandfather had brought before he passed a year or so before the stupid healy ban to a gun Smith in NC.. I said make this a basic normal AR-15. I then get a phone call about "what's with this barrel" and why is the stock stuck. I explained it's from Massachusetts. While it's a no thrills AR-15 with a flash suppressor and a adjustable stock.. just being able to do it was awesome.

3. The right to store a gun in your car.. I typically don't do this unless I'm at say the courthouse or a government buildings which is rare.. but knowing I can is awesome.

4. "partial open carry". All of my guns I have Safariland kydex paddle holsters nothing to crazy with retention. I print a little bit but I don't care.. sometimes I open carry usually on a Sunday.. usually a revolver or my grandfather's police 6946.

No one cares down here...
Was just helping a friend at church move and she had a gun cabinet in one of the bedrooms. She offered it to anyone who wanted to take it, or it was getting left. Someone asked if I was going to take it, and I said that I was still enjoying the euphoria of NOT storing my guns and letting them breathe fresh and free air.

Honestly I could care less about gun crap because I have everything I need.

First thing I'm doing when i get a place in SC is getting the vehicles registered there and never paying for or having to do an inspection sticker or pay excise tax again.
Instead of an excise tax we have a property tax on your vehicle that you pay annually.

Lets see them make a stick illegal.

(Meanwhile, in 2030, things were just ducky until I had a heart attack at home and the responding police "observed" my walking stick in the corner. Noting that it was not a pre-ban and thus not grandfathered in, I found myself facing a fellony weapons charge from my hospital bed.)

I have been really enjoying not worrying about printing or flashing my pistol accidentally when my shirt flaps open. The other day I sold something on Marketplace, the guy showed up to buy it and was open carrying. It was a great ice breaker.

Imho "Zoobow" = Tetsubo

Basically that part of the law is probably just a dumb white democrat legislative aide typo....

View attachment 667596

Even the esteemed David Kopel couldn't figure out what a zoobow is. [laugh]

Even the esteemed David Kopel couldn't figure out what a zoobow is. [laugh]

i’m trying to remember the person but somebody else around here came up with another viable idea for “zoobow”. I just can’t remember what the hell it is…. @Rob Boudrie might know. if it wasn’t him he probably remembers the post I’m talking about….

i’m trying to remember the person but somebody else around here came up with another viable idea for “zoobow”. I just can’t remember what the hell it is…. @Rob Boudrie might know. if it wasn’t him he probably remembers the post I’m talking about….
Someone made a guess as to a martial arts weapon. It might be a place holder for any strange weapon - as in "Just call it a Zoobow and charge him".

Instead of an excise tax we have a property tax on your vehicle that you pay annually.
My daughter mentioned paying a tax when she registered there, but never annually?

Doesnt matter much when your real estate taxes are 1/5 of what they are up here, your still way ahead.

My daughter mentioned paying a tax when she registered there, but never annually?

Doesnt matter much when your real estate taxes are 1/5 of what they are up here, your still way ahead.

I've looked at a lot of vehicle codes and there are only 2 or 3 states where "free lunch" happens with cars, most of the states w/o excise just get you some other way, every year or
two. No inspection or no emissions would be a big deal for me though even though I dont drive junks. There are still some counties in NC that dont require
emissions.

Crazy summer, selling place in MA, buying in NH, moving to a free(er) state. I also am now in the market for my first free state purchase. Decisions decisions decisions :)

Seems like a lot of MA laws (guns, knives and other Arms) might be unconstitutional and soon to be gone. I found out that about half the knives that I like on Amazon can't be shipped to MA! Even the Ontario Knife OKC Rat that I got from Amazon in 2015!
Reminds me of the time they wouldn't sell me HP .22 airgun pellets, but would sell me the same brand .22 airgun pellets that were solid nose! Crazy eh?
I ordered the HPs from an airgun website.

Just read some interesting stuff from 2013: "Knives and the Second Amendment" https://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/knives.pdf
I was thinking about the fact that Knives are Arms and Bruen applies to them.
The stupid MA anti-gun & anti-knife laws are going to have to come into Bruen compliance. The sooner the better.

I would have thought it was "A prostitute with all of her teeth. . . . in her mouth. . . . REAL teeth. . . HER OWN REAL LIVE TEETH. . . it needs to be all clarified. LOL"
In VT, the under 21 Prostitutes WITHOUT teeth are called "Young Gummies".

They are a prized catch in those parts.

Health and security are more important than fancy guns.

Are you near good doctors and medical facilities?

I love VT, though.

We need to throw a house warming party!!!

Back
Top Bottom