Free of MA, now to buy that one thing I've always wanted!

hillman

NES Member
I finally completed my move from MA to VT today and got my VT driver's license. Good lord I've lived in MA so long that I'd forgotten a DMV could be a decent place to visit. I even remembered my old VT driver's license number from almost 30 years ago.

Anyway, after I got out of the DMV this morning I went to several gun shops looking for that one thing everybody in MA really wants but can't have. I asked at every gun store if they had one, and every single shop owner said "Never heard of it.".

So now that I'm here, I still can't get a dang Zoobow?!? What the heck?

I finally completed my move from MA to VT today and got my VT driver's license. Good lord I've lived in MA so long that I'd forgotten a DMV could be a decent place to visit. I even remembered my old VT driver's license number from almost 30 years ago.

Anyway, after I got out of the DMV this morning I went to several gun shops looking for that one thing everybody in MA really wants but can't have. I asked at every gun store if they had one, and every single shop owner said "Never heard of it.".

Aren't there magazine limits in VT?

Aren't there magazine limits in VT?
Yes, 15 for pistol, 10 for rifle, but anything owned legally before the ban from a couple years ago is fine. All those 30 round AR mags I had stored at a relative's house in VT before I moved back here are fine. It's all good as long as a disgruntled ex doesn't turn in your receipts from Cabelas in ME, it's unenforceable.

Thank you for your tip Mr Hillman, I'm currently working for the VT criminal activities tip line.

We have reached out to your ex, we will be in touch once she as submitted the receipts.

Has always, this public posted tip makes our jobs easier, we thank you for your assistance.

[rofl]
No worries. It's not like all the secret workarounds in MA.

View attachment 666724
Something like this will be my first purchase after my escape
Unfortunately, my first purchases were literally a plow and a new snowblower and a tank of heating oil... Apparently they have 7 months of winter around here, and I have a 1056 foot driveway steeper than a Himalayan mountain.

Unfortunately, my first purchases were literally a plow and a new snowblower and a tank of heating oil... Apparently they have 7 months of winter around here, and I have a 1056 foot driveway steeper than a Himalayan mountain.
I am exceptionally well equipped for snow removal.
I would be all about the suppressors.
Congrats on the move.

If your new place doesn't already have a wood stove, that should be another priority purchase, along with a few cord of split firewood and a place to keep it accessible and dry.

A generator will be a must also.

If your new place doesn't already have a wood stove, that should be another priority purchase, along with a few cord of split firewood and a place to keep it accessible and dry.

A generator will be a must also.
I have the generator, waiting for an electrician to put in a transfer switch. I have a nice wood stove, but the previous owner disconnected it from the chimney in favor of the oil furnace, so I'm having the oil furnace vented through the wall so I can have the wood stove to use again. Boggles my mind some of the stuff the previous owner did.

nunchucks are illegal in mass?

Yes, 15 for pistol, 10 for rifle, but anything owned legally before the ban from a couple years ago is fine. All those 30 round AR mags I had stored at a relative's house in VT before I moved back here are fine. It's all good as long as a disgruntled ex doesn't turn in your receipts from Cabelas in ME, it's unenforceable.
Am I correct in remembering a solid manufacture shipped and freely handed out many many 30rd mags on the VT statehouse lawn leading up to the day they passed the pointless law banning future purchases ??

Snow? Last winter was 7 weeks long in terms of snowfall (at least in northern NH) and MA got more snow than NH and VT. I like snow so was bummed we didn’t have a longer, better winter.

2nd getting a can. It’s about a six month process with eFile so get going now so you have it in the spring.

And just be careful going into shops. You’ll buy something every time. Stuff you only dreamed about when you lived in MA.

Congrats on the move to VT! I hope it’s not too late for that state. Loved the natural beauty of VT. I lived there for a bit before college in MA. Now I’m in NH.

2nd day after I got my NH freedom license. I had a SBR and handful of suppressors on order. Loved when my dealer called me and said they got a stamp for me and I could ask “which one”.

First purchase? AR pistol with suppressor.
I've lived in 2 "free" states now for a few years but haven't purchased a suppressor. Too much $$$ to go pew, pew.

I only bought one rimfire suppressor so far but it was a great investment. You can get one for $500-600 including stamp. Late mornings between work calls I can waltz out back and dump a few mags through my .22LR AR. I'm kind of curious how a suppressed 5.56 or 7.62 rifle being shot on my land would sound from my neighbors' properties. Maybe a suppressed rifle shot through a tube of tires wouldn't be too obnoxious.

There are southern alternatives not involving snow that'll still get you out of the PRM.

Just sayin'
This......snow removal equipment, heating, roof problems, all take away from good money spent on fun stuff.

Im ditching the winter, selling my snowblower and plow truck, getting rid of the oil bill, and using time and the money for funner stuff.

I don't want Florida heat, but figure western SC or Tenn will make winter like 1 month, with little or no snow.

I would have thought it was "A prostitute with all of her teeth. . . . in her mouth. . . . REAL teeth. . . HER OWN REAL LIVE TEETH. . . it needs to be all clarified. LOL"

Back
Top Bottom