MOVING THIS SUMMER !

Rohn Ham Radio Tower System
45 ft High- Hinged Base
HEX Beam & 2m Beam & Yaesu Rotor

Also: M2 Satellite Antenna System

1622119521603.png

1622119716125.png

Last edited:
If I were closer, it would already be in my trailer.

This is a great offer!!!

I have a similar one I'll be giving away sometime in the future, but I don't want any amateurs (no pun intended) taking it down.

A free radio tower is never truly free.
Kind of like a free boat...

That being said, I have been collecting parts for a tower for 10 years...the only thing I have left to get is 4 or 5 ten foot sections and then I'll be golden

Kind of like a free boat...

That being said, I have been collecting parts for a tower for 10 years...the only thing I have left to get is 4 or 5 ten foot sections and then I'll be golden
I know someone who has sections for sale. No idea on size or details. He's in the Mansfield, MA area. If interested, ping me and I'll give you his contact info.

"Which size?"

(-25, -45, -55, or whatever).

I don't know of any - would just keep an eye out.
Rohn 25. Three or four ten foot sections with one eight foot flat top section

I know someone who has sections for sale. No idea on size or details. He's in the Mansfield, MA area. If interested, ping me and I'll give you his contact info.
Thanks Len...with the move coming up and space being a premium, i will probably have to wait until I get to Missouri. PM me his info though. If I think I have room I may still get it

Rohn 25. Three or four ten foot sections with one eight foot flat top section
Duly noted.

i will probably have to wait until I get to Missouri
Are you gonna be gone before or after Fall '21 NEAR-Fest?

I got nothin' for you -
just wondering if one last chance for an eyeball QSO.

Failing that, there's always Hamvention '22...

Duly noted.

Are you gonna be gone before or after Fall '21 NEAR-Fest?

I got nothin' for you -
just wondering if one last chance for an eyeball QSO.

Failing that, there's always Hamvention '22...
Before nearfest unfortunately. I will have to hit up some hamfests down there once I get settled in. I was really hoping that they would have one this past spring but it wasn't to be

Before nearfest unfortunately. I will have to hit up some hamfests down there once I get settled in. I was really hoping that they would have one this past spring but it wasn't to be
Godspeed in the meantime.

You seem to keep your QRZ entry very up-to-date.
But if you change EMail ISPs out there,
don't neglect to update that on the page.
73's,

Thanks Len...with the move coming up and space being a premium, i will probably have to wait until I get to Missouri. PM me his info though. If I think I have room I may still get it
I'll send you the info via Email in a couple of minutes.

Godspeed in the meantime.

You seem to keep your QRZ entry very up-to-date.
But if you change EMail ISPs out there,
don't neglect to update that on the page.
73's,
Thanks and definitely will do that. I am waiting for QRZ to update my new/old call sign. I opted for a zero call with my initials as I was moving to the midwest but after using it for a few months, realized I much preferred my old call sign so I asked for it back. I just got the email from the FCC this morning telling me that they had given me my old call. My old callsign was/is KB1MM. Much easier on CW which I do some of. W0TPV was a handful trying to get the attention of a DX station on CW. Dah-dah dah-dah is much easier and shorter. I may try to make Dayton in 2022. I've never been.

Thanks and definitely will do that. I am waiting for QRZ to update my new/old call sign.
At first I was all like: Good news! Your 1x3 TLI call is up!

I opted for a zero call with my initials as I was moving to the midwest but after using it for a few months, realized I much preferred my old call sign so I asked for it back.
And then I read that and realized that I caught you during the brief shining moment of the W0. [rofl]

I may try to make Dayton in 2022. I've never been.
Most important gear is:
  • A raincoat you can tolerate.
    • -and-
  • Boots you don't mind using in ankle-deep mud,
    • -plus- some other shoes you can wear to a restaurant.
The first year at the Xenia Greene County Fairgrounds,
the horse track infield had the most luxurious grass I have seen in my life:
giant blades of grass, 8" long, too tall to stand upright.

And during the first rainstorm, all the tailgater alleys in the infield
turned into the freaking trenches of WWI.

I saw him tonight at the gun club meeting. He still has >100' in various sections.
Ok....spent all evening packing...how much stuff can two people have in two rooms??? Too much obviously. I’ll drop him a line in a day or two.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine recently picked up a few sections of tower that total 36' from a friend who moved away. He told me at the time to keep it in mind because he might not be able (allowed) to use it. Well he's thinking his days of dicking with a tower are over, so I might be inheriting it, or even just a few sections of it, which could still be good.

I have a couple options:
1. Put it up at the house, anchored to the side of the house.
2. Put it up at the super secret squirrel location possibly anchored to something sturdy or else guyed. Likely guyed,

I've seen plenty of houses with towers that aren't guyed. I'm thinking TV towers, and there's one I see often nearby with a big ass vertical on it, etc. My shack is on the side of the house where the power comes in, which might mean I can't put a tower over there, or at least not a tall one. If I put it on the back of the house, that's the lowest point, maybe 12' above grade, which isn't much of an anchor.

Before I start getting too deep into this, I thought I'd see what you guys know. My current uses for one would be a rotor with VHF/UHF antennas, and I would probably hang something off the side with a pulley for temporary things (hoisting up a dipole, etc).

A buddy of mine recently picked up a few sections of tower that total 36' from a friend who moved away. He told me at the time to keep it in mind because he might not be able (allowed) to use it. Well he's thinking his days of dicking with a tower are over, so I might be inheriting it, or even just a few sections of it, which could still be good.

I have a couple options:
1. Put it up at the house, anchored to the side of the house.
2. Put it up at the super secret squirrel location possibly anchored to something sturdy or else guyed. Likely guyed,

I've seen plenty of houses with towers that aren't guyed. I'm thinking TV towers, and there's one I see often nearby with a big ass vertical on it, etc. My shack is on the side of the house where the power comes in, which might mean I can't put a tower over there, or at least not a tall one. If I put it on the back of the house, that's the lowest point, maybe 12' above grade, which isn't much of an anchor.

Before I start getting too deep into this, I thought I'd see what you guys know. My current uses for one would be a rotor with VHF/UHF antennas, and I would probably hang something off the side with a pulley for temporary things (hoisting up a dipole, etc).
I've been told by those in the know that you can put up a Rohn 25 tower up to 40' with no guys. You have to use a house bracket lag bolted to a sturdy internal brace (4x4 between studs) and a concrete pad, 3x3x3 feet (basically so the bottom doesn't kick out). I am not sure what kind of a windload is acceptable in a case like this but a good friend of mine had this setup and he had an HF beam, a long boom 2 meter beam and a long boom six element 6 meter beam with a tail twister rotator and he's never had a problem with it. He used to climb it often with me on the ground helping and the tower hardly moved with him on it. He considered bumping it up to 50 or 60' but never did. The extra cost involved wasn't worth it to him.

>>I've been told by those in the know that you can put up a Rohn 25 tower up to 40' with no guys. You have to use a house bracket lag bolted to a sturdy internal brace<<

And that's exactly the way mine is attached, about 12' up. Base section set in concrete.

These are great to hear. With my luck the best place to put it will be where my water comes in. It's not a done deal yet, but I think I could have it if I said the word.

Back
Top Bottom