• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FRB now has "Name Change" form

I just found this interesting. I have a pending move coming so I was on the state website looking for the "Address change" form.

When we got married 4 years ago I used the address form and sent a letter along with it to the FRB requesting my wifes name change on her LTC. I notice now they have a "Name change" form right next to it. This appears to be new, the date on the form is 02.2020. Just thought this might be helpful to someone.

Thats how its always been. they WILL NOT print you a new licence. It will however be changed in the "system". If you go to the portal and do a licence verification it should show up correctly.

I beleive there are old threads around on the subject of name changes where Len confirms this.

The form says that you will not receive a new license with the new name on it. Doesn't make sense to me.
I know in the past that they refused to re-issue on name changes as I had some folks contact me about it. Like you, it makes no sense to me either.

The form says that you will not receive a new license with the new name on it. Doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not surprised. They don't send you a new LTC with the updated address when you move either.

In fact, on one of my renewals (NR), FRB made a typo and listed my address incorrectly (they listed my business zip code with my residence address). When I called them about it, they let me know that it was corrected in their system but that I wouldn't be getting a corrected license.

Back
Top Bottom