• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Franklin County Sportmen's Club

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone here belong to this club?

Can you tell me how good it is? Rules about guests of members?

My son and grandson are thinking about joining.

I've -heard- it's an army of fudd's, karens and range nazi's running around there. Also on top of dues you are *forced* to "volunteer" to work at whatever they say you are working on for them for X number of hours a year. And if I remember right this is the one that requires members to take the firearms safety course once every 5 years to remain a member, which conveniently they also offer the class to members for a fee.

Again, this is only what i've heard (some of it) but never really looked into that place cause even if only 1/4 of it is actually true it's a place I don't even want to be.

my only experience with them was they were running heads up steel matches around the same time I was putting mine on, we worked together to have the same rule set and a schedule that didn't step on each others toes, they sent shooters to our event, and we sent shooters to theirs they seemed like nice enough folks

Not a member but been there many times as a guest. Don't know the yearly dues, but it was $10 per visit, could bring 2 guests at a time. Was going to apply but ended up getting memberships at closer ranges, was about a 45-50 minute drive for me.

I'd compare it the Granby bow and gun club, if you've ever been there, but way nicer as it's got gravel everywhere and very level. They had a nice 22lr only range with tons of reactive steel. 2 pistol only pits with steel as well, and a rifle pit with no steel.

Back
Top Bottom