• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Franklin Armory BINARY trigger for GLOCK

Like all other binary triggers, it goes onto my list of really dumb ideas.

I have mixed emotions on this. I shot a 9mm AR pistol built by FosTech and equipped with their binary trigger a couple of years ago. Got a really nice explanation of how it works by the guy that designed it before I shot it. It was FUN. Watching him shoot it was pretty neat too; he was really fast with it.

But - I can't see myself making that kind of shots in any conditions other than fcking around at the range - and I'd rather keep what trigger discipline I have.

The Glock falls into the same realm for me. Neat engineering, fun range toy, but not something to seriously consider acquiring. If a friend acquires one, I'll shoot it.

I have mixed emotions on this. I shot a 9mm AR pistol built by FosTech and equipped with their binary trigger a couple of years ago. Got a really nice explanation of how it works by the guy that designed it before I shot it. It was FUN. Watching him shoot it was pretty neat too; he was really fast with it.

But - I can't see myself making that kind of shots in any conditions other than fcking around at the range - and I'd rather keep what trigger discipline I have.

The Glock falls into the same realm for me. Neat engineering, fun range toy, but not something to seriously consider acquiring. If a friend acquires one, I'll shoot it.
Pull trigger, some sort of malfunction, 20+ years of training in place you release the trigger to begin to diagnose what happened, gun blows up in your hand.

The list of BAD scenarios is endless for the gun firing on the release of the trigger. Yes, you can switch the switch to go back to normal, but what if your off-hand is not available? What if you forget? What if...

If you don't have access to full-auto weapons then I can see the desire to pretend and have fun. Find a friend with full-auto instead of this disaster-waiting-to-happen trigger system. UGH.

Pull trigger, some sort of malfunction, 20+ years of training in place you release the trigger to begin to diagnose what happened, gun blows up in your hand.

The list of BAD scenarios is endless for the gun firing on the release of the trigger. Yes, you can switch the switch to go back to normal, but what if your off-hand is not available? What if you forget? What if...

If you don't have access to full-auto weapons then I can see the desire to pretend and have fun. Find a friend with full-auto instead of this disaster-waiting-to-happen trigger system. UGH.
That is a really good point.

What a great video. Some guy bloviating for 4 minutes.

I want 4 minutes packed with video of people shooting it and a look at the insides. GAHHH!!

I can't see a reason for this. It'd be nice for followup shots. I would think it might be a bit more accurate on the release. Maybe. No down-and-left. LOL

Oh hold up. It's a whole lot more than a trigger.

This is mean for SBR territory. You ain't getting one of those shoulder stocks on a stock Glock. Nor are you going to get a "cheap" drop in with that level of slide modification.

Oh hold up. It's a whole lot more than a trigger.

This is mean for SBR territory. You ain't getting one of those shoulder stocks on a stock Glock. Nor are you going to get a "cheap" drop in with that level of slide modification.

I'm pretty sure the kit includes the slide because you need to have a selector lever. Also, the G18 style stock secures the same way an after market magwell secures itself to the grip.

Looks like it would be briefly fun, but at what cost for a range toy? I'm with the "but why?" crowd on this one.

Dark video that shows 💩, and a glassy eyed guy high on 💩, selling 💩

And the purchase gets you on another 💩 list

It is awesome. Not sure it’s 899 awesome, but it’s definitely awesome.

GS173 = "Glock", "Straight (trigger)"... BS. That stands for Giggle Switch, and they know it.

The high speed shows it fires quicker on release than on initial pull. That might keep the second shot somewhere in the same zip code, but only using the SBR shoulder stock.

Let's see some targets after firing one-handed, sideways.

GS173 = "Glock", "Straight (trigger)"... BS. That stands for Giggle Switch, and they know it.

The high speed shows it fires quicker on release than on initial pull. That might keep the second shot somewhere in the same zip code, but only using the SBR shoulder stock.

Oh damn, now you talking me into getting one for the G43 and putting it on a Roni with my pinty

Waste of money, not practical, not as much fun as the real giggle switch, fully auto pistols are dumb anyway.

You haters can hate. I have a Tippmann M4-22 Elite supressed with a Franklin Binary. The thing works perfect, full auto at the flick of your fingertip. Love it for when i'm in the mood to waste ammo and grin.

This is why you need a new slide.
image.png

So after development, it's here. Costs about $800.

OMG!!!

Is this legal in Massachusetts!!!???

Marsha is going to lose her mind!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ24RPTmoL4

LEGAL IN MASS!!!

Last edited:
OMG!!!

Is this legal in Massachusetts!!!???

Marsha is going to lose her mind!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ24RPTmoL4

LEGAL IN MASS!!!

4607 specifically calls out binary triggers, so the saying still stands