Framingham woman accused of pelting husband with apples.

"Framingham woman admitted to police that she pelted her husband with numerous apples during an argument on Tuesday, authorities said. After police arrested Mary Tavarez, 56, she said, "So I threw a few apples at him, so what? Yeah, I did it. I threw apples at him. Big (expletive) deal,""

I'm not a lawyer but as I understand it in Massachusetts assault via any swung or thrown object is assault with a dangerous weapon. As the assailant is a woman I doubt she'll be charged this way.

"She then began throwing apples at him that had been in a basket on the dining room table," the report said.
Police found several apples with flattened sides as if they had hit something, the report said. The husband said he was uninjured.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Framingham woman admitted to police that she pelted her husband with numerous apples during an argument on Tuesday, authorities said. After police arrested Mary Tavarez, 56, she said, "So I threw a few apples at him, so what? Yeah, I did it. I threw apples at him. Big (expletive) deal,""

I'm not a lawyer but as I understand it in Massachusetts assault via any swung or thrown object is assault with a dangerous weapon. As the assailant is a woman I doubt she'll be charged this way.

Read the article and the post above yours...
Police charged Tavarez with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (apples)

how does it escalate to the point of throwing apples, or killing? there has to be some serious pent up anger, or you're a basic psycho [rofl]

was the Ziti murder the guy who tossed his wife's body in the chipper? or was that another upstanding member of the community?

Last edited:

Well, she was throwing underhand...

Now, put a half-dozen apples in a pillowcase & bash him in the head, and you could do some serious damage (and make cider!)

Eh, just another day in the HAM. The one surprise is it was at 328 Edgell Road which is on the north side. These things tend to happen on the south side where framingham is the toilet of the area.

Overcharge much?
No wonder the system is a joke.

The district courts, especially Framingham is about making money, nothing more. They'll plead her out for a year probation with a continued without a finding (unsupervised) and she'll pay the $50/month probation cost and maybe some court costs. The district courts are masters at charging fees and other deals to make money.

Reminds me of a story from the classic book, Ball Four. Some perv apparently hired fireballing reliever Dick Radatz to come up to his hotel room and throw oranges at his naked ass.

Hahaha It's funny what you can find and then run across when you search for it on youtube....

Last edited by a moderator:
First, this in NOT overcharging! Hell, there are threads on here about APPLESEEDS, and entire apples are obviously more dangerous.

Second, the Ziti one had no chippers (follow the link in my previous post - it's an overview, but accurate).

Third....it's just barely on the Northside. But, then the Ziti murder was on the Northside.....[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom