Framingham Police: 4th amendment? What 4th amendment?

According to the search warrant application, officers conducted surveillance on the home on Aug. 7 and pulled over a man who resides there. Police said that man admitted to selling marijuana out of the building.

After the search warrant was granted, police said they confiscated 20 marijuana plants, 247 grams of marijuana, a roll of medical cannabis stickers, more than $1,700 in cash and eight guns.

According to court documents, two people listed as owners of the home had their licenses to carry confiscated.

Home video of tense police entry sparks Framingham controversy

So the cops coerced a confession from some guy. I still have to wonder if they don't have better shit to do than going after some idiot selling a small amount of weed out of his mom's basement.

That is true, but if they hammered her door it would have just made the egregious nature of the interaction even more apparent. In addition to creating real damages for the (hopefully) pending lawsuit. The fact that these clowns are pulling this over an infraction surrounding a legal drug is literally reefer madness.

Here's how I see the narrative.....

Possession of the drug is legal. No PC, no warrant.

Growing the drug with up to 12 plants is legal. No PC, no warrant. It's hard to say there's 12 or 20 based on the smell coming out of the house.

Buying the drug is legal. No PC, no warrant, but the guy they stopped was coerced into saying where he bought it....which leads to....

Selling the drug without paying the man. 100% illegal. PC, so...They surveilled the house. They got the idiot kid who bought it and the one who sold it to waive their rights and admit he was selling 'a few zips' for spending money.

They have to protect those monopolized corporate interests who have the multimillions to jump through the regulatory hoops.

They found 250grams at the raid....(had to use the little unit of measurement because that amount of less than 5 ounces is below the possession threshold for even the civil infraction) and crowed about the cash. I suspect that if the average home was raided and they emptied everyone's wallets, coin jars, birthday cards, christmas club coffee jars, couch cushions etc, they'd probably scrape up the $1772 they claimed was all drug money.

The 'arsenal' seized just gave them a bigger thug boner

This is all bullshit.

I repeat that it is an egregious over reach of police power from these thugs.

What would they have done if they had access to patrol rifles and bearcats....oh wait, they already do.

Disgusting.

Last edited:
It is Framingham.... All other crime is solved, so there is nothing left to do except go after people for weed.

You may have the ham confused with someplace else. There is not part of Framingham, south of Rt 9 anyway, where I would consider going unarmed, except for the Post Office or the courthouse for obvious reasons.

The ham is a s**thole. Not as sketchy as Chicago and not even as bad as Boston, but there's PLENTY for the fuzz to keep busy with, besides the minor weed dealers.

You may have the ham confused with someplace else. There is not part of Framingham, south of Rt 9 anyway, where I would consider going unarmed, except for the Post Office or the courthouse for obvious reasons.

The ham is a s**thole. Not as sketchy as Chicago and not even as bad as Boston, but there's PLENTY for the fuzz to keep busy with, besides the minor weed dealers.

This.

There are several parts of the ham where English is not a second language....because it is not spoken at all.

Is the LTC revocation the proof we need in MA that weed = no guns, or is it just dealing weed and not paying the man = no guns?

My gf thinks I'm overreacting when I say that I will not go to Framingham (especially south of Rt 9) unarmed. I do feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one.

Imsert meme here of jets flying over head making whoosh sound.

Only on the south side, that's why there are so few north of Route 9. When I called the cops at midnight, because the mentally disturbed young lady was back, it took 10+ minutes for them to arrive. This was the second time; the first time, they knew that she'd wandered off, and arrived in 2-3 minutes.

Even 2 minutes was a long time. And, she was just foncused, not freaking out.

I suspect that if the average home was raided and they emptied everyone's wallets, coin jars, birthday cards, christmas club coffee jars, couch cushions etc, they'd probably scrape up the $1772 they claimed was all drug money.
And some us would be stuck until the banks opened if we had bail set at $1772.

There is probably an inverse relationship to the cash you have at your residence and how much you have in the brokerage account.

That’s the nicest way I’ve heard anybody put it in several years.

Last time I was in there getting finger printed, they had to use ink and cards. Because they usually use the reader they had not wet naps. The guy had to go get a key from dispatch to unlock the bathroom in the lobby so I could wash up. I asked why the bathroom was locked and he said people have been flushing "meat and produce" (like sausage, bacon, squash, peppers, potatoes). He wouldn't elaborate on why that's happening, though.

Last time I was in there getting finger printed, they had to use ink and cards. Because they usually use the reader they had not wet naps. The guy had to go get a key from dispatch to unlock the bathroom in the lobby so I could wash up. I asked why the bathroom was locked and he said people have been flushing "meat and produce" (like sausage, bacon, squash, peppers, potatoes). He wouldn't elaborate on why that's happening, though.

I think a lot of front lobby bathrooms are locked now due to people using them to do drugs, granted I worked on Methadone Mile too so...but that sounds personal like someone’s f***ing with them. Prolly just trying to flood the place, prisoners do it all the time in their cells with TP or clothes.

Hell we’d find homeless people sleeping in the vestibules of our HQ in the morning, drunk or trying to stay warm, who knows, just step over them and keep going so we didn’t catch crabs or lice or anything.

I think a lot of front lobby bathrooms are locked now due to people using them to do drugs. Yes inside the lobby of a PD, but food? Sounds personal like someone’s f***ing with them. Re: the crazy chic who threw a bunch of old meat at the front lobby window a couple years ago.

Hell we’d find homeless people sleeping in the vestibules of our HQ in the morning, drunk or trying to stay warm, who knows, just step over them and keep going so we didn’t catch crabs or lice or anything.

Rumor has it she moved to California and is getting help (vs rotting in jail for assault). I'll give them that much. They could have crucified her. Still, the Stamps thing. Now Fogarty. The LTCs for Vets program. The officer that killed someone drunk driving a few years ago. And a couple incidents that didn't make the news. Yes, they need a makeover.

That looked like pure unadulterated BULLSHIT. You don't get to create exigency to enter without a warrant. That's Police academy 101. If they were so worried about them flushing drugs down the toilet, they never should have made their presence known until they had the warrant secured. f*** off

Agree, but Supremes created the destruction of evidence exigency and then loosely defined it leaving a hole in the 4th so big any rookie cop can enter your house opening the door or through the door.
You then get to spend 20K trying to suppress the evidence. (See Kentucky v. King, opinion by Alito. Ginsburg opposed.)

Agree, but Supremes created the destruction of evidence exigency and then loosely defined it leaving a hole in the 4th so big any rookie cop can enter your house opening the door or through the door.
You then get to spend 20K trying to suppress the evidence. (See Kentucky v. King, opinion by Alito. Ginsburg opposed.)

There was no fresh pursuit. They literally created ALL of the exigency.

The ham isnt that bad. That said, north vs southside may as well be two different cities. I live closer to Wayland and Sudbury town centers than I do framingham center. It does seem like they are cleaning it up a bit.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't get the same vibes even downtown here I did visiting my grandparents in Brockton or when I drove through holyoke when I lived in western MA.

The ham isnt that bad. That said, north vs southside may as well be two different cities. I live closer to Wayland and Sudbury town centers than I do framingham center. It does seem like they are cleaning it up a bit.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't get the same vibes even downtown here I did visiting my grandparents in Brockton or when I drove through holyoke when I lived in western MA.

There have been two or three stabbings (the ones I've heard about anyway) in the fast few weeks. Mrs Pipes witnessed a drug deal a couple weeks ago when she had to walk around the block to avoid encountering a psycho, drugged up "lady" that's been known to snap. My neighborhood has had four home invasions in recent years and quite a while back my neighbor/baby sitter had her front door blown off its hinges with a shotgun by dealers looking for her baby daddy. (Another dealer as it turns out). Oh, if you're looking to score drugs there's a park/playground over between Conti's and Dennison where you can get lucky, usually.

It's NOT Chicago, but it isn't a healthy place either. North and South are very, very different.

That said, north vs southside may as well be two different cities.
This. Very much this.

That said, every city and town is going to have domestics and drugs so those alone don't make for a bad neighborhood. When I lived in Brighton a guy got killed on my street in an apparent drug deal gone bad - I never felt unsafe there. When I lived in Waltham a guy killed his MIL in a domestic, just a few doors down from me - also a perfectly safe neighborhood. It's the rape, robbery, and burglary you gotta worry about and when it comes to this, as mentioned before, North and South sides of Framingham couldn't be more different.

Edit: every city and large town will have good and bad neighborhoods. I grew up in Worcester - some areas I'd avoid like the plague, some areas are very, very nice.

Back
Top Bottom