Framingham Police: 4th amendment? What 4th amendment?

There was a federal decision that ruled that filming police performing their duties was constitutionally protected.

Did that include unnoticed security cameras? I thought it was for holding up the cell phone recording. I'm concerned the cops would claim they never saw any cameras, therefore it was a secret audio recording, therefore guilty.

her problem is going to be letting them in. she should have let them kick the door in w/o a warrant. Even with the video, where fat cop #1 states 'we're waiting for the warrant'...she let them in. huge error. had she not, they would have kicked in the door, w/o a warrant, making anything seized inadmissable

It's funny how if one person in a house lets a cop in even for a moment, I guess the home owners can't change their mind and tell the cops to leave? That seems kind of wrong. If I have a non-cop visitor, that person is trespassing the moment I decide I don't want them there, tell them to leave, yet they remain. My earlier invitation to let them in doesn't have an indefinite time period. Cops are special, and have special rights, I guess.

Ohhhh okay. I get this now. They're trying to get them on weed distribution charges. This is a tax thing. The thugs want their cut.

This is a total 4th amendment violation, though. They entered the house and proceeded to search (caught on video) without a warrant.

Ohhhh okay. I get this now. They're trying to get them on weed distribution charges. This is a tax thing. The thugs want their cut.

This is a total 4th amendment violation, though. They entered the house and proceeded to search (caught on video) without a warrant.

I somehow got this mistaken idea that smaller amounts of weed were somehow legal in MA. Maybe they handed a bit of weed to a friend, without being a licensed weed dispenser, therefore it warrants a whole team of thugs to bust in and ransack everything. If that's what happened, a simple "Hey stop that" would suffice. It's a plant. It would be growing in the wild if it weren't for the "war on drugs".

I'm not a big fan of potheads in general, but if this family is what "drug dealers" look like, they look great to me and I want them living next to me. No problems at all.

I said all I'm gonna say. Waiting for the statist and apologists to out themselves

[rofl][rofl]

They apparently got a warrant after their illegal search and seizure. And they are filing charges for two reasons. Retribution and protections. Courts love to excuse rights violations and crimes committed by cops as long as the person who’s rights were violated gets charged...with something. Anything will do.

Do we know this for a fact? I don't wanna read thru 3 pages of angry NES posts. LOL

Right or wrong, cops often do things well in excess of the law for "officer safety." Hence the gun thing. The money thing???? I still think I shoulda got more than one Like, dammit. That was f'ing funny! Oh, and far far far more often than not, "wrong".

NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

what about......

NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

what if…….

NEVER OPEN THE DOOR.

If they have a warrant they will show it to you or bust the door down. Letting the police inside is an invitation to be treated as a criminal - evidence and probable cause may follow, but you are still a criminal in their eyes.

I will add ... might be a good idea to call 911 (while you are not opening the door).

You never know if they are real cops.

I somehow got this mistaken idea that smaller amounts of weed were somehow legal in MA. Maybe they handed a bit of weed to a friend, without being a licensed weed dispenser, therefore it warrants a whole team of thugs to bust in and ransack everything. If that's what happened, a simple "Hey stop that" would suffice. It's a plant. It would be growing in the wild if it weren't for the "war on drugs".

I'm not a big fan of potheads in general, but if this family is what "drug dealers" look like, they look great to me and I want them living next to me. No problems at all.
I read the law, or proposed law, a while ago. But if I remember correctly you can:

1. Have up to 6 plants per person living with you.
2. Only 6 plants can be flowering.
3. You CAN gift it (including the plant), but there is a maximum amount you can gift.
4. You can only have up to a certain amount of harvested weed.

Forgot the amounts for 3 and 4.

This was about a year ago, not sure if things changed since then.

I read the law, or proposed law, a while ago. But if I remember correctly you can:

3. You CAN gift it (including the plant), but there is a maximum amount you can gift.

A violation of the max amounts is a civil infraction with fines and confiscation only.

I will add ... might be a good idea to call 911 (while you are not opening the door).

You never know if they are real cops.

She should never have even opened the screen door and stepped out. That gives them an opportunity to grab the door before it closed and waltz right in, claiming they were invited. If I see cops, I'm keeping the screen door closed and latched, like it always is, and talking to them through the screen. Yes it can be easily yanked open despite the latch, but at least that may give some evidence of forced entry.

And in this case they didn't even look like cops. Looked like a bunch of thugs. And that badge could have been bought at one of those costume places, you know the ones where you can dress like a cop stripper or something (because that makes perfect sense to be a cop stripper I guess).... I have no idea what a real badge looks like from a quick flash of it. NFW would I unlock the main door either. We'd retreat upstairs, close the interior door, and call 911. If they really have a warrant, I'm sure they'll make their way in anyway without needing me to open the door.

Their FB page shows the cops are defending their actions and doubling down, claiming they had a warrant. I saw no warrant in that video. Maybe it is one of those new quantum time traveling warrants that can appear after you have done the search, but still be legit.

I wonder what happened that got the cops panties in a bunch about this family. They look harmless and just the kind of people I would be happy to live next door. They are probably screwed now. That video has audio, probably get busted for "wire tapping".

I saw part of the video and the officer at the door very clearly stated that they are GETTING a warrant, not that they had one. That wasn't police work. That was abuse of power.

I saw part of the video and the officer at the door very clearly stated that they are GETTING a warrant, not that they had one. That wasn't police work. That was abuse of power.

Right but... Insert meme of old ladies saying "That is not how this works. That is not how any of this works."

And next time a cop stops me for something, I think I'll try that with him. Get pulled over with no registration... "well I'm in the process of renewing it". Get pulled over in MA with no LTC, "well I am getting one in the future". I'm sure it will go great!

Did that include unnoticed security cameras? I thought it was for holding up the cell phone recording. I'm concerned the cops would claim they never saw any cameras, therefore it was a secret audio recording, therefore guilty.
you could just put a small sticker on the front door that says "premises under video surveillance" and I think that might cover you. At least it seems to cover retail establishments. I've seen retail stores display a tiny sign/sticker saying the area is under audio surveillance too so I'm assuming that legal gets them around wiretapping laws. Not really sure how any of that shit would hold up in court, but I find it hard to believe it's illegal to have video cameras on your property....I mean what if it was a nanny cam in a teddy bear? Are those actually illegal?

If there are 2 adults in the house, it's actually 12 plants.

This is an egregious overreach by those thugs. They should lose their jobs and pensions, then be prosecuted for home invasion and theft.

Repulsive and disgusting on every level, and keep it as a cautionary tale to never, ever open the door.

Some one with a better computer sound system than mine needs to listen to the cop at the end trying to tell her why they did what they did, rationalize it away. I believe it sounded like there was a purchase of MJ at a stop that verbally went back to that house. So they were coming to the house for distribution. They just couldn't wait for the warrant. [rules]

Anyone else want to listen to the end again?

Matt

She deserved it. There are consequences to exercising the fourth amendment. It’s all about appearance. Had she answered the door in a kitchen apron with a tray of cookies that’s one thing. But dressed in scrubs looking like a drug addict, well PSGWSP. She didn’t do our cause any favors. I support the right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures, except when it comes to drugs. If she really cared she wouldn’t have opened the door. She’s should be thankful the dog didn’t get shot.

She deserved it. There are consequences to exercising the fourth amendment. It’s all about appearance. Had she answered the door in a kitchen apron with a tray of cookies that’s one thing. But dressed in scrubs looking like a drug addict, well PSGWSP. She didn’t do our cause any favors. I support the right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures, except when it comes to drugs. If she really cared she wouldn’t have opened the door. She’s should be thankful the dog didn’t get shot.
Woodsy?

Agreed. Look what she was wearing, she clearly wanted it.

Thank God for NES getting the news to me. Just left a voicemail with the FPD administration saying how disgusted we are and I look forward to seeing how they make this right.

Without that footage we'd never know the truth. Some thought I was crazy when I put overlapping security cameras throughout the home. Might put a poster of the Bill of Rights by the front door as a visual aid, too.

"See, number four down here describes exactly what you're proposing..."

lol, they DID ask her to open the door and she did. Being devil's advocate here, I don't see anyone manhandling or pushing her. Police can use cunning (lie) to achiever their goals and most normal people under pressure cave. Your average hoodlam has more resolve to resist the popo than the woman in the vid, all those extra-credits in the "university". Yes, police can lie, they can tell tall tales, trick you and the only thing they need to worry if judge will buy it. Hint, they probably know the judge a whole lot better than you.

Also lol at invoking the ancient spell "of the Constitution." Comrades, that ship f***ing sailed like a century ago. Yes, this is not North Korea because she is clearly alive, but don't kid yourself that you have some rights.

The only thing surprising here is that people are surprised. If you never dealt with cops being on the bad side, you are in for a rude awakening. It doesn't matter if you always pay your parking tickets on time, as Russians say, "never say that you'll never be in debt or in prison"
This

Repeat after me everyone......"dont open the door"!

Doesn't matter what the officer is "selling". No warrant.....door stays shut......period.....make em kick it in!

That looked like pure unadulterated BULLSHIT. You don't get to create exigency to enter without a warrant. That's Police academy 101. If they were so worried about them flushing drugs down the toilet, they never should have made their presence known until they had the warrant secured. f*** off

Okay. It’s now been said a dozen or so times. And it’s ridiculous. There is no practical legal distinction and often gets spun in the opposite direction on how you’d think.

The fact she opened the door and didn’t force them to kick it down doesn’t matter!

Letting them in after you told them they can’t come in without a warrant and they’ve told you they’ll just ram it down, is not consent. She didn’t give up any rights. The only difference is she now doesn’t have a broken door.

Do you guys really believe the threat of violence is indeed a valid way to gain consent?!?!? There’s no way that’s what you can actually mean.

I do agree with the general principle of not opening the door in the first place.

That is true, but if they hammered her door it would have just made the egregious nature of the interaction even more apparent. In addition to creating real damages for the (hopefully) pending lawsuit. The fact that these clowns are pulling this over an infraction surrounding a legal drug is literally reefer madness.

Back
Top Bottom