Frame serial numbers

Mike52793

NES Member
Hello, I have a glock 43x that I purchased the frame and slide separately so there serial numbers are different which I know the only number that matters to the feds and MA when “completed” is the frame. My question is if the frame got damaged and was sent back to glock and came back as a replacement frame with a different serial number what must be done? Does that new serial number have to have an FA-10 completed? Also what must be done if anything to the old frames serial number in regards to MA since its registered.

Once you receive the new frame and put the gun together into a functioning firearm you have 7 days to register it per MGL ch 140 sec 128B.

There's nothing you can do with the old serial number - there's no way to "unregister" a serial number from yourself and so the "system" will still have you as the last transferee of record for that serial number. Doesn't matter though.

Thank you very much I didn’t know if there was something that had to be done to the old serial number of the frame, as I know any of the other serial numbers do not matter such as slide, barrel.

I would save any paperwork glock gave you stating to the fact that they replaced frame X with frame Y as well.
You never know, the gov't may come along and hold you out over the balcony by your ankles looking for it.

I would save any paperwork glock gave you stating to the fact that they replaced frame X with frame Y as well.
You never know, the gov't may come along and hold you out over the balcony by your ankles looking for it.
Not likely. Per BATFE regs, mfr must document and destroy the damaged frame, so it will never be found floating around out there.

No. Anything we can do to lawfully introduce errors into the state's database is a good thing. The state does not have a real registration system. The more errors there are, the more likely they will remember this.

There are a couple of ways that errors can LEGALLY enter the system that I can think of off the top of my head. There are more.

1) you can move here with firearms. (no requirement to eFA10 them)
2) you can sell firearms via gunbroker out of state and ship them directly to the out of state FFL, in which case they are still associated with you.

Last edited:
Trivia:

If the s/n of the new frame begins with "G" followed by numerals, it was manufactured to be a replacement frame.'

If the s/n of the new frame begins with two or more letters it was cannibilized from a once complete gun.
you can move here with firearms. (now requirment to eFA10 them)
Only low-cap weapons. See Commonwealth v. Cornelius or he who knows all (Hint: The first word of his screen name is 6 letters long and contains a dash)

Trivia:

If the s/n of the new frame begins with "G" followed by numerals, it was manufactured to be a replacement frame.'

If the s/n of the new frame begins with two or more letters it was cannibilized from a once complete gun.

I have one of those G frames. I bought it from a guy who sent his gen 2 G17 in for a cracked frame and they sent him the old slide on a new gen 3 frame.

Back
Top Bottom