• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Frame re-anodizing

wmass

NES Member
A few weeks ago I picked up a used Sig 226. It was a LEO trade in so I figured, like many I have seen, the exterior would be beat up from holstering and banging around a cruiser. The rear frame rails have worn almost to white. I found an out of state shop to do the frame anodizing but my can't find one in MA. My google fu must be weak. Can anyone point to an area shop. I'm looking for western, central and eastern MA. Also willing to drive to southern VT and NH. Not looking for spray on finishes (ie Cerakote and Duracoat) since the current anodizing is so far gone.

P.S. No need to flame for not checking the gun prior (I did). The deal was right.

-Drew

I'm also curious. Everyone on the intranets says "US ANODIZING!!!" - but I'd rather support locals whenever possible.

SIG used to have a company that did reanodizing for them. I forget who it was, but apparently for repair work they sent it out to someplace relatively nearby. Might try calling customer service and asking.

The last time I had them reanodize a pistol I had sent in was over ten years ago, so things may have changed.

Sig now states they will not re coat frames. I have an email out to a plater in Springfield. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom