• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FPC files motion in first circuit to vacate and remand thier lawsuit challenging the Massachusetts approved roster

Unsafe for Massachusetts consumers "they" say.

So let us exempt the police from these "unsafe" firearms so they can protect our citizens with them.
With the possibility of shooting themselves or others with malfunctioning/hazardous/unsafe firearms in the line of duty.

Better yet, let our towns supply said "unsafe" and "malfunctioning" firearms for official police use so they can be sued for providing "unsafe" firearms to the police while on the job....

Hello Mr Judge, the injured criminal I represent is suing the town of so and so of providing the unsafe firearm that may or not have shot my client on it's own.
When the state and local town freely admits it knew said firearm was dangerous enough to ban the sale of them and still equipped it's police force with them.
Even to the point of allowing it's police officers to personally own them.

Yeah, you can't make up the totally ridiculous infringement on the right's of our citizens to own the same said firearms.
But shove it in our face that towns are buying them for their police force and that the better than everyone else police are able to personally own them as well...

But don't you worry, you stupid fudd, you can still own shotguns. So there, we do support the 2A just as our founders intended! [rofl2]

From an OSHA stand point, this would be a lawyers wet dream in court if an accident ever occurred while on the job with a town provided weapon while on police duty.
Your Honor, the town supplied knowingly "unsafe" weapons that should have been put out of service due to there unsafe/malfunctioning nature..

In the brief, they defend the consumer protection regulations by saying the guns are unsafe yet later in the brief they say the plaintiffs are not blocked from buying the “unsafe” gun because they can buy them through a private sale. You’d almost respect them more if they would ban the “unsafe “ gun completely.

The historic laws they cite to justify the regulations are a joke too.

In the brief, they defend the consumer protection regulations by saying the guns are unsafe yet later in the brief they say the plaintiffs are not blocked from buying the “unsafe” gun because they can buy them through a private sale. You’d almost respect them more if they would ban the “unsafe “ gun completely.

The whole issue is a joke and an abuse of power BUT it's Ma. SOOO it's ok because it's all for the children.
:mad:

It's probably easier to say "These two SKUs differ only by the color of the slide; why is only one accepted?" We've already seen that "The AG has provided no guidance to allow EOPSS-accepted firearms to meet their requirements" is a hard hill to climb.

Also, defeating the printed roster defeats the AG at the same time. The inverse is not true.
How?

Glocks are on the printed roster, but still AG banned - and agree with it or not, the First Circuit upheld the ban and dealers enforce it.

So if the roster goes away, and Glocks are no longer on the "OK list", how does that negate the AG list without a specific court decision saying so?

How?

Glocks are on the printed roster, but still AG banned - and agree with it or not, the First Circuit upheld the ban and dealers enforce it.

So if the roster goes away, and Glocks are no longer on the "OK list", how does that negate the AG list without a specific court decision saying so?
You know what?

I honestly forget what my reasoning was there. Maybe I was imagining using the one against the other? I don't know. This could be why I'm not on the legal team trying to fix these issues.

Perfect demonstration of the Left's hatred for The Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Leftists are domestic terrorists who vow not to obey laws they don't like/agree with.
If anyone thinks we can reason with them then they're not paying attention, their goal is to destroy US and take complete control of the country and turn it into a leftist/hippie paradise. They don't study history and ignore inconvenient facts that don't support their ignorant agenda.

How?

I think the hope is that the ruling becomes pretty broad on purpose or by accident. Saying the State has no authority to ban any sort of handgun on any level. It will negate two stupids in one felled swoop.

How?

Probably not my finest moment of strategy, but I think I've remembered what I was thinking when I wrote that.

The idea was basically that, if we defeat a consumer protection effort that is based on well-defined, objective measures (EOPSS) it should be relatively easy to then challenge the other when the AGO has refused to provide similar.

So it's not that defeating the EOPSS lists literally defeats the AG non-list, but that it provides a point of leverage that doesn't exist in the opposite direction.

How?

One would think there could be NO ban "lists" if this passes.

Rosters and lists matter very little anyway to gun owners.

They only matter to dealers selling guns as defined by MA laws.

All you 60+ year old old dudes need to dump the NRA and support FPC. I know the younger guys already do.
I would if could get some sort of refund on the life membership I bought over 20 years ago when I was naive enough to think it would do some good. Not a penny since though, and they’ve stopped pestering me for more.

Imagine if the NRA did as much for all these years as FPC has done in the last five?

There would be no debates today over the second amendment.

All you 60+ year old old dudes need to dump the NRA and support FPC. I know the younger guys already do.
Dumped the NRA about 10 years ago.......GOAL, COMM 2A, FPC and others that I see on lawsuits and actually try to get something done in MA.

NRA gave up on MA in like the 70's or something. I was a member in the late 80's and 90's but after seeing nothing but crap in MA and how they'd just write us off, I quit.

Imagine if the NRA did as much for all these years as FPC has done in the last five?

NYSRPA vs bruen and the previous NYSRPA vs NYC were NRA suits.

SAF and FPC are the most active but there are plenty of suits the NRA is involved in. Many of the case you see Erin Murphy or Paul clement argue are NRA suits. The NRAs media arm is stuck in 1994, they’re not very active on Twitter, etc so their case involvement doesn’t get noticed.

NYSRPA vs bruen and the previous NYSRPA vs NYC were NRA suits.

SAF and FPC are the most active but there are plenty of suits the NRA is involved in. Many of the case you see Erin Murphy or Paul clement argue are NRA suits. The NRAs media arm is stuck in 1994, they’re not very active on Twitter, etc so their case involvement doesn’t get noticed.
That may be so......of course the only media attention they are getting is what personal stylist and wardrobe designer Wayne Lapierre's wife has on the payroll.

That may be so......of course the only media attention they are getting is what personal stylist and wardrobe designer Wayne Lapierre's wife has on the payroll.

Besides Wayne using the NRA as his personal credit card, the organization is pre internet and social media. They have such a stale or non existent presence on social media. That’s where FPC excels. How many of us follow 2Aupdates on Twitter and FPC? They’re very active and live in todays world.

I think we’ll be reading an obituary to learn Wayne has left the NRA. He’s such an egotistical sob looking out for himself not 2A

I wonder - does the media have an agenda pushing that on a regular basis? Hmmmmm.

HMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

(It's sad how duped people are getting on all of that. How quickly we will break ranks in large part due to the same media we claim to NEVER trust.)

I wonder - does the media have an agenda pushing that on a regular basis? Hmmmmm.

HMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

(It's sad how duped people are getting on all of that. How quickly we will break ranks in large part due to the same media we claim to NEVER trust.)
Obviously the media can't be trusted. But neither can Wayne Lapierre either.

Is it breaking ranks if I just funnel my donation to other gun rights groups instead the NRA? Not really. I didn't give to these other groups before, (except GOAL) all I gave to was the NRA.

Im giving the same yearly donation amount, just choosing to spend it at other gun rights groups I think are more effective, and send me less crap in the mail.

I pretty much had it with the NRA after I learned of the f*ck f*ck games they were playing in NH and FL.with constitutional carry.
That and supporting red flag laws .

How?

So, April 4 has come and gone.

Has any of this been fixed in Massachusetts?

Maybe they send out a limited number of swag packets and they randomly choose recipients.

Could be. Don’t expect anything when adding donation. But we’ve never even got membership acknowledgement. Multiple emails sent with crickets…..

We’re GOAL members, GOA members and yes, NRA members.

When it’s time to renew FPC, i think we’ll go with Comm 2A.

Back
Top Bottom