FPC Challenge to MA Handgun Roster

Damn, this stuff moves so slow.

It’s usually never quick unless it’s a permanent injunction. A lot of cases were delayed for a year because they were waiting for NYSRPA vs bruen to be decided. Also some were kicked back to lower courts after the SCOTUS ruling to be reconsidered based on what SCOUS said.

We should see some positive decisions on AWB, mag limits, etc in the next 12-18 at the circuit court level.

One can only hope a pile come from 1st Circuit. Of course, Muuuaarrrahhhh will say that she's ignoring them. I'm ignoring her.
Of course. We'll see where we're at 6 months after Queen Mura's coronation.
Hopefully she moves on to bigger crises like "green" energy so Ma**h***s can pay even more for their/our gas and oil.

Of course. We'll see where we're at 6 months after Queen Mura's coronation.
Hopefully she moves on to bigger crises like "green" energy so Ma**h***s can pay even more for their/our gas and oil.
She will be suing the energy companies for 'price gouging' to the point they all abandon the state. Then MA will nationalize the infrastructure, and run it into the ground like Venezuela.

I'm sure they will try to sell like "Oh having the state by your utility/oil/gas company is just like NH state liquor stores... we get you the best prices because there's no profit..."

She will be suing the energy companies for 'price gouging' to the point they all abandon the state. Then MA will nationalize the infrastructure, and run it into the ground like Venezuela.

I'm sure they will try to sell like "Oh having the state by your utility/oil/gas company is just like NH state liquor stores... we get you the best prices because there's no profit..."
I wish the oil companies had told Biden to f*** off when he threatened them over their "price gouging" BS. Stop pumping and refining and the Country shuts down and the Leftists will eat shit and die. Plenty of gas, diesel and NG under Trump, less than $2 a gallon here. Maura and the Leftist AG's tried suing Enron I believe and lost so f*** them but banning fossil fuels is part of their agenda/party platform. How are the Euroweenies doing since Putin shut them off? Gonna be a cold winter!

I wish the oil companies had told Biden to f*** off when he threatened them over their "price gouging" BS. Stop pumping and refining and the Country shuts down and the Leftists will eat shit and die. Plenty of gas, diesel and NG under Trump, less than $2 a gallon here. Maura and the Leftist AG's tried suing Enron I believe and lost so f*** them but banning fossil fuels is part of their agenda/party platform. How are the Euroweenies doing since Putin shut them off? Gonna be a cold winter!

They can't forcible collectivize us "Kulaks" until everyone is driving e-vehicles and "on-the-grid." Eliminating fossil fuels is an integral part of that terrible plan

They can't forcible collectivize us "Kulaks" until everyone is driving e-vehicles and "on-the-grid." Eliminating fossil fuels is an integral part of that terrible plan
There is no such thing as a “fossil “ fuel. That’s the big lie. Why would private equity be buying “dried up” oil fields ?

Great idea. 7 seconds later, you and everyone you know will think that Exxon and Shell and BP and the rest are out to get you.

Unitended consequences. They will not control that narrative. The fact that Americans will be without "cheap" oil will control the narrative. While Biden will get some blame, he'll be gone in 2 years. The damage to the oil companies will be decades in the making.

Great idea. 7 seconds later, you and everyone you know will think that Exxon and Shell and BP and the rest are out to get you.

Unitended consequences. They will not control that narrative. The fact that Americans will be without "cheap" oil will control the narrative. While Biden will get some blame, he'll be gone in 2 years. The damage to the oil companies will be decades in the making.
It would be symbolic, No real shutdown but demonstrate to the Country how much the Leftist war of fossil fuels would/will destroy the American Dream.
The Oil Industry needs to take out an ad in every Major Newspaper to tell the idiot sheeple what a life without fossil fuels will be like.
Yes Biden will be gone in 2 yrs but unless an R is elected the Country will get a real hard core Climate Change/anti-fossil fuel freak who will have no problem destroying the American economy to enact their radical agenda. Biden is just going thru the Motions to please the Leftists

Last edited:
Took a minute to figure out that this is the original thread.

These are the imposters:

I'm surprised these threads have escaped the Dupe Patrol.

The roster is the least of my gripes with MA.
Yeah but the piece of s*** still needs to die the worst part about the stupid roster is that it blocks lots of revolvers..... I'm not even a revolver guy but I can't tell you how f****** annoying that is there are only a limited amount of people left that will rugsweep revolvers.

Yeah but the piece of s*** still needs to die the worst part about the stupid roster is that it blocks lots of revolvers..... I'm not even a revolver guy but I can't tell you how f****** annoying that is there are only a limited amount of people left that will rugsweep revolvers.
I know people who have some cool post 98 revolvers.

Pretty sure you can remove the cylinder…

I want the roster to go bye bye. But I’d prefer standard capacity mags because I can get what I want now vs a 10 year felony for an 11 + round mag….

I know people who have some cool post 98 revolvers.

Pretty sure you can remove the cylinder…

I do too but the # willing to move these guns intact is limited.

Removing a cylinder is not enough to "frame" a revolver under federal law. "Barreled acttions" still transfer as handguns on a 4473. (Or at least, they're supposed to). There are exceptions obviously, like on a Dan Wesson the barrel can be easily removed. And yes, i know what you're thinking it shouldn't matter because if the differences between two sets of laws, but it brings the issue to a realm where more dealers aren't going to play 4D chess with the BS.... some don't want off list anything crossing the books as a handgun on a 4473....

Just FYI oral arguments at the 1st Circuit are scheduled for April 4th.

What are everyone’s thoughts on how this case goes? I’m honestly a little worried about this case. Post-Bruen FPC filed a motion to vacate and remand back to the district court and MA opposed. Usually the roles are reversed. Seems like other circuit courts like the 9th & 3rd were fine with remanding their 2A cases, however the 1st denied remand here which is what MA wanted.

I listened to the oral arguments earlier this week in the 5 NY CCIA cases at the 2nd circuit and it seems like the panel in that case was vehemently anti-2A and really didn’t care about Bruen. They’re content with writing their opinion however they see fit and letting SCOTUS tell them they’re wrong, they even said they disagree with at least portions of Bruen. From my understanding the 1st circuit is just as anti-2A as the 2nd circuit, if not more so.

My concern is that we’ll lose the case and SCOTUS will refuse to hear it. They don’t hear many cases and I doubt they’ll want to hear about a handgun roster case as their next big 2A issue, at least not until there is a circuit split. Even then, if they take a roster case from somewhere else like CA chances are our roster wouldn’t be affected much. Weren’t safe storage laws deemed unconstitutional in Heller? Yet here we are today, having to lock up our guns. Heck, it’s a wonder that suitability is still a thing Post-Bruen.

I do too but the # willing to move these guns intact is limited.

Removing a cylinder is not enough to "frame" a revolver under federal law. "Barreled acttions" still transfer as handguns on a 4473. (Or at least, they're supposed to). There are exceptions obviously, like on a Dan Wesson the barrel can be easily removed. And yes, i know what you're thinking it shouldn't matter because if the differences between two sets of laws, but it brings the issue to a realm where more dealers aren't going to play 4D chess with the BS.... some don't want off list anything crossing the books as a handgun on a 4473....
If it cannot fire a round, is it a gun in ma?

I still have to assemble it with tools (a screwdriver)

Not arguing, just asking.

If it can’t fire a round, it’s not a gun in MA. However, just removing a cylinder isn’t necessarily enough to prevent a revolver from firing. It still has a hammer, barrel, and trigger. If you really wanted to, you could still make it go boom. That’s why even most FFLs who do frame transfers aren’t willing to touch revolvers.

ETA: You could probably get away with it if the barrel was removable, otherwise you’d be SOL.

No, it's not. That's what I was referring to with the distinction.

However, the fact that some decree that a barreled action results in "handgun" crossing the books on the fed side, causes pucker factor action for some dealers. Not passing judgement on it either way.

If it can’t fire a round, it’s not a gun in MA. However, just removing a cylinder isn’t necessarily enough to prevent a revolver from firing. It still has a hammer, barrel, and trigger. If you really wanted to, you could still make it go boom.

No. Not even close. Without a chamber, you'd have a hard time making it go anything. Would you hold the cartridge in your hand against the breech face?

from the brief:

“a single law, in effect in a single city, that contradicts the overwhelming eight of other evidence regarding the right to keep and bear arms for defense of the home.”

"... the eight of other evidence?" I swear I had to read that four times before I figured out the proofreaders missed the missing "w".

No. Not even close. Without a chamber, you'd have a hard time making it go anything. Would you hold the cartridge in your hand against the breech face?
Hard time doesn’t equal impossible, and that’s my point. If you try hard enough it’s definitely possible to make it fire. Same can’t be said for a Glock frame.

Hard time doesn’t equal impossible, and that’s my point. If you try hard enough it’s definitely possible to make it fire.

No, you can't. Without a chamber, the bullet would never make it into the barrel.

Think about what you're suggesting: You're going to hold the cartridge against the breech face and hope the bullet makes it out of the case and into (and through) the barrel. Never going to happen without a chamber.

Same can’t be said for a Glock frame.

But it can be said for a Glock slide and barrel, without the frame. Those parts are completely unregulated. And it would actually work. It'd hurt, but it'd work.

No, you can't. Without a chamber, the bullet would never make it into the barrel.

Think about what you're suggesting: You're going to hold the cartridge against the breech face and hope the bullet makes it out of the case and into (and through) the barrel. Never going to happen without a chamber.
You’re assuming I’m talking about using the standard ammo that the revolver is chambered in. It doesn’t have to be that specific ammo, a round could theoretically be created that would actually reach the barrel. The MA definition of firearm just says that it has to fire a shot or bullet. It doesn’t say which bullet.

Back
Top Bottom