Foxboro Show Feb 4&5

I'll be at the Foxboro show on Saturday. I'm sure that they are all depressing with no ARs, no Glocks allowed, etc. but I won't make the longer drive to Marlboro to waste more time to be depressed.

go to whats closest to you not much will change. I dont get the back to back venues either.

go to whats closest to you not much will change. I dont get the back to back venues either.

They always seem to stack up that way, within a week or two of each other.

BAD choice of dates, as that Sunday is SuperBowl Sunday. Most dealers will be gone by Noon and few folks will go on Sunday as they are preparing for whatever SuperBowl party that they normally attend.

I won't be able to go on the 4th, but will try to get there early on the 5th. I'm sure it will be dead by noon, even though the Super Bowl doesn't start until 6:30 or so. Still, it's a 15 minute ride versus about an hour.

...BAD choice of dates, as that Sunday is SuperBowl Sunday...

And yet they continue to do it year after year. Last year in Foxboro and previous years in Marlboro. If the dealers really thought it was such a bad idea, you would think that they would force Carol to move it to another date.

BAD choice of dates, as that Sunday is SuperBowl Sunday. Most dealers will be gone by Noon and few folks will go on Sunday as they are preparing for whatever SuperBowl party that they normally attend.

Sounds like Sunday could be a good day to find motivated sellers. I liked the Foxboro show last time I went. Less pros selling overpriced ammo and more smaller dealers with some good deals on the things I collect.

Whoops I won't be attending. I'm teaching my Mass Gun Law Seminar on Saturday. Oh well there is always the April show maybe depending on my schedule.

That's why I, along with a few others, support the West Springfield Show so much. I'd spend more in gas than I would for parking and admission here, not to mention my time.

Found the best price for the 1911 I have been drooling over literally as I was headed for the exits!

The table I bought it at was so overwhelmed that it took almost an hour and a half to make the purchase. Went by pretty quickly chatting it up with some real good guys while waiting in line.

All in all a great day!

Edit: Ooops. Should have posted this in the Marlboro gun show thread.

Last edited:
Any chance Mansfield fish and game will be offering up a membership special again? My mom just got her LTC, and I'd like to get us each a membership there. She lives a mile away, and could really use the practice.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Any chance Mansfield fish and game will be offering up a membership special again? My mom just got her LTC, and I'd like to get us each a membership there. She lives a mile away, and could really use the practice.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Sorry but no, MF&G decided to do that as a one-shot deal (actually both shows last year) to infuse our treasury (after a very expensive re-build of the clubhouse) and membership rolls. We intentionally didn't want to keep doing it in fairness to those that join since the last gun show and our current members.

Ya got anything better to do?

[smile]

Yes, I do. I have one computer which seized up after something updated. It has lots of pictures, Emails and records of things I can't afford to lose. Finally got it into Safe Mode and have been doing data transfer to a good machine for the past few days. Still needs more work to selectively pull data off it before nuking the machine.

And the only thing I need is another Handall Jr, ~$12 OTD at BassPro, ~$11 from Brownells (with shipping) or spend $11 to go to the show to spend another $11 for the product? Tough choice. [wink]

ETA: Just checked Azn, $7.16 and ordered it. Guess I'll skip the show unless someone reports that it is super-fantastic.

Last edited:
Important question.....is the jerky guy there?

He is! Jerky was the only thing we bought.
We went around 10:45. It was really crowded (line out the door) and a major smellfest. It's a small venue with narrow aisles- really difficult to look at everything. Pretty much what I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from the show. Good lot of vendors, they need to think about moving to a bigger venue though. It's getting cramped in there.

The hot sauce guy wasn't there either which was a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone find the loophole yet??? I hear they're prevalent at these events. [rolleyes]

No, we had the gunshow loophole at the Mansfield F&G table at last year's Foxboro shows but we took it home with us when we left. Sorry! [wink]

i lasted about 15 minutes. Got there about 11:30 tried to look around just way too crowded.

Seriously, if you are crowd-adverse none of the gun shows are for you. I'll admit that there are some vendors that draw such a big crowd that I've never been able to get near enough to their tables to look at their products. If they didn't draw a large crowd, the vendors wouldn't waste their money to be there and the promoter wouldn't make money, so there would be no shows.

I decided to opt out of attending as the one thing I needed I ordered on Azn for less than the admission ticket, and the one gun I want I know wouldn't be there for a price I'd be willing to pay, so I'll shop elsewhere.

Got there at 10.30 with a specific task of getting small & large magnum primers and some powder. Three people selling Titegroup 1 lb jars, $17, $19 and $34!

Very crowded, spent some time oogling the Springfield Trapdoor and Krag rifle collection. Lots of new guns, very little used revolvers.
Got some hot sauce and passed on the jerky. lots of tables filled with crap knives and crap optics.

Went today around 12:30 with my daughter. Kids under 12 get in free. The place was a zoo. We were packed like sardines. Walked around for about an hour ran into a few people I know. Only thing I bought was a pink camo backpack for my daughter and a bag of Doritos. They wanted $20, we got it for $15. Went and saw the guys at Gartman after and they were very busy. I think all the guys that had money burning a hole in their pocket decided to make one last stop before heading home.

Price of admission - $12
Backpack - $15
Doritos - $1.50
Taking my 6 year old little girl to her first gunshow - Priceless!

I thought this was a pretty crappy show. It was packed and you could barely make it up and down the isles. If you started on the left side you had to wade through 3 isle of junk and crap before you found someone selling an actual firearms. It also seemed like prices for the most part was even higher then they normally are. Sure, it's a gun show and there are suckers born every day, but they were selling pretty common guns for $200 more then any gun store.

The only think of interest was a Llama 1911 in 45acp. As I was looking at it through the vendors case a guy was standing next to me and asked to see it before I did. He took hold of it and in less then 10 seconds he bought it. You snooze you lose! Though it was good I didn't buy it as I visited Holliston Firearms and pulled the trigger on a rifle I've been wanting.

Back
Top Bottom