Foxboro-Last "Gun Show" in area for a while

maybe saw the prices on the table full of Pre-Ban ARs and AKs....Know my heart skipped a beat when I saw them....
This made me laugh out loud. The prices were even higher than usual. I managed to pick up some odds and ends, but if you’re going to look for pre-ban mags or Chinese AKs, stay home.

yeah, I talked to the tombstone guy and asked about the prices on the pre-bans. He said with the Healey ruling the pre-bans in Mass are now the new machine guns as far as difficulty and availability. I guess you have to say that to justify the price. Got bumped into a few times and some idiots thought it was ok to stand in the middle of an aisle to hold a conversation but I wasn't crop dusted. So that's a good thing I guess.

The Jay McMahon petition folks were too aggressive, blocking most of the aisle (they were right beside us at the MF&G table) and literally talking people away from our table and other tables near us to sign the petitions. Very rude group!

My Wife insisted that we buy the bullet sculptures from Bullet Features across from us, otherwise I wouldn't have spent a dime there.

I did see pre-ban AR mags for a decent price at the beginning of the show.

After the gentleman who went down was wheeled out by Paramedics, the cop said it was probably due to the high prices after the promoters mentioned that this happens at every other show they run.

One outfit was selling 269-10s! Felony on a bat. Bats with barbed wire, other bats with nails sticking out. Get caught carrying one or using one and you'll be facing a nice felony charge "other weapon"!

The Jay McMahon petition folks were too aggressive, blocking most of the aisle (they were right beside us at the MF&G table) and literally talking people away from our table and other tables near us to sign the petitions. Very rude group!

Yah, they were pretty in your face...I wonder if at the end of the Primary the losers all come together and support whoever wins?? Or will they be typical trough feeders and run as an Independent and end up splitting the votes for another D AG???

I saw all that stuff. The bullet sculptures were pretty cool. Not that I wouldn't love a club with spikes sticking out of it for home defense, I assumed the law might have an issue with such a toy. The barbed wire on the bats was pretty cool. No, I did not buy one. lol. But if they keep banning shit what are our options going to be in the future?

Diehl was down the other end. His table was causing a bit of a jam over there but there were some empty tables down that way so a bit easier to get by. Len, you were in a real busy section. Pretty close to the jerky, sausage and the bar....lol

The McMahon people were art the Holbrook show too.

I didn't see anyone ago down but with some of the prices it doesn't surprise me....lol

I must have just missed the guy dropping. It was fairly crowded and tough to get through the aisles. One of the guys I was with scored a nice Arisaka bayonet that he'd been looking for. Some pretty pricey guns on the tables.

found a couple of mags I was looking for on Saturday afternoon. Not bad all and all. Did not find anything else I could not live with out.

Does anyone have any idea who the NRA reps are at the shows? I was at the gun show last month in Springfield and tried to sign up for the NRA (been lazy - finally decided I really need to support them.) Luckily I gave them my credit card on the form instead of cash because...that's the last I heard of it. I'm still not a member, my card has not been charged, and I have no idea who to get in touch with.

I bought some overpriced 6.5 Japanese ammo and scored some $15 preban ar mags. Was going to buy a gun but NICS going down stopped that.

Had fun. Bought a rfew items that weren’t expensive. Loved the Arisaka, not for the money. if weren’t for the wife flying wing, would’ve made an offer on the WWII Luger. Bummer. Good show otherwise, no high expectations but did pretty will otherwise

Bought a coyote ugly, double-bagger 9mm carbine for cheap (that is, a gun you have to put a bag over it to look at, and then one over your own head to hide the shame of owning it, then gnaw your arms off when you're done shooting it to avoid having to carry it around).

But I hear it's a fun gun to shoot, so whatever.

The indoor range committee (I am not a member) is getting bids for ripping out the steel that is there. They decided to go with the rubber block system so that they can get 50' shooting lanes. They have bids on the blocks and destruction and construction will be beginning shortly. It will probably take 3-5 years to complete due to cash flow needed to pay for the work. That's the reason we are doing the special gun show price to boost the treasury . . . the more money the more we can get done in a shorter time frame. They are also creating a fund-raising committee to come up with other ideas for a cash infusion to speed up the process.
Holbrook went with rubber block on one of its indoor ranges and had no joy. The blocks were quickly destroyed. The range is now limited to .22lr only.

Holbrook went with rubber block on one of its indoor ranges and had no joy. The blocks were quickly destroyed. The range is now limited to .22lr only.

Well the way this state is going that may be about all we will be allowed to legally own...Check out the latest on ERPO in MA....

Back
Top Bottom