Foxboro Gun Show April 2 & 3

How fast does a plane fly?

Same idea, if you stop and look at each table, probably 2 hours. If you breeze by at 3 mph, probably 20 minutes. There are ~325 tables.

The problem right now according to my police scanners are trees/poles down (looks like heavy wet stuff) blocking roads and killing power in places. In the past 30 minutes I've heard reports from Framingham, Waltham, Newton, Norwood, Canton, Sharon, and Foxboro on the scanner.

Hopefully they won't lose power at the show. It looks like it is supposed to end by ~11AM.

There was no wifi in the room yesterday and there were long lines of people trying to buy firearms, but having a lot of delays because of no signal. If there's no power in the area I can't imagine that will improve.

I am thinking Len meant the snow ending around 11

Correct, snow is supposed to stop by 11AM.

There was no wifi in the room yesterday and there were long lines of people trying to buy firearms, but having a lot of delays because of no signal. If there's no power in the area I can't imagine that will improve.

True, I also had no Sprint signal in the room. Interesting since the stadium has towers there and is only a stone's throw from the gun show.

Well the power is out at the show. So it's a crap shoot at this point.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Well the power is out at the show. So it's a crap shoot at this point.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

That sucks but I'm not surprised due to what I'm hearing on my police scanners from all the towns around there. Lots of trees down, wires down and no Eversource trucks to be seen anywhere.

I live minutes from here and want to drop by on Saturday. But I recall a thread last time saying it's a cluster f--- trying to park around there. Want to do some knife browsing and a search for a Nazi Walther p38 I saw in Plymouth that I've been tracking. But it's probably not worth the hassle and aggravation.

Go late i went at like 230 parked right in the front last time

- - - Updated - - -

Correct, snow is supposed to stop by 11AM.

True, I also had no Sprint signal in the room. Interesting since the stadium has towers there and is only a stone's throw from the gun show.

Its to do with Construction of the building half the time. Phones dont like concrete and metal

Seemed like a better selection than the one a few weeks ago. Smith's Smokehouse was there selling jerky this time. One vendor had about 15 Chinese SKS carbines in mint condition w/out bayonets. Looked like an old crate turned up.

what were these going for?

I have a complaint or a comment about the New Mart shows, they are getting too many of them once again. for instance the Sturbridge show next winter if Jan 4,5 and Feb 23,24 or something like that only 5-6 weeks after the first one. We have 10 shows a year in Eastern MA, add in the NH show and Springfield and that is about 20 shows, 10 all between Sept and April and it is always the same stuff and virtually the same dealers. I think they would do better with 1 show at each location in the fall and one in the spring.
I mean I enjoy walking around shows but ...

of course I may get flamed but wouldn't bigger better less frequent shows be better?

I have a complaint or a comment about the New Mart shows, they are getting too many of them once again. for instance the Sturbridge show next winter if Jan 4,5 and Feb 23,24 or something like that only 5-6 weeks after the first one. We have 10 shows a year in Eastern MA, add in the NH show and Springfield and that is about 20 shows, 10 all between Sept and April and it is always the same stuff and virtually the same dealers. I think they would do better with 1 show at each location in the fall and one in the spring.
I mean I enjoy walking around shows but ...

of course I may get flamed but wouldn't bigger better less frequent shows be better?

Carole is looking at revenue! Can't blame her for that. However, I do agree shows 6-8 weeks apart in the same venue or nearby is overkill.

A vendor asked me yesterday if I'd be in Marlboro in 3 weeks and my answer is no, it's too soon. It'll be the same people with the same items for the same prices.

ETA: "Bigger" is a problem. There aren't that many really big indoor venues in MA and some of the bigger ones won't permit gun shows or are in places like Boston where the city would prohibit such an event plus no parking for either vendors or patrons. Back when I worked computer shows a couple of promoters challenged me to find them venues >50K sq ft that would allow computer flea market shows and had decent parking (that you didn't have to pay $10+ back 20 years ago). It was extremely difficult.

Last edited:
My loot: 8 sticks of beef jerky, 2 leather keychains from the leather guy and a cheap rail riser. I considered a steel plate, but decided against. I thought it interesting that the vendors on the left side of the hall were all placed near each other again, and arguing like last time.

what were these going for?

Prices varied. From what I remember they were started at 400. I checked each one. Fairly common arsenal codes, no rarities, no security forces stamps, but they were in great condition. A few had the French tickler handguard and M21 style cuts on the stock.

My loot: 8 sticks of beef jerky, 2 leather keychains from the leather guy and a cheap rail riser. I considered a steel plate, but decided against. I thought it interesting that the vendors on the left side of the hall were all placed near each other again, and arguing like last time.

Vendors were arguing with each other? Inquiring minds need to hear more. [wink]

I have a complaint or a comment about the New Mart shows, they are getting too many of them once again.
You won't get flamed by me. I agree with you. It's turning out that the smaller shows aren't really all that worthwhile. I had hoped it wouldn't turn out that way, but it has. [thinking]

I was able to pick up some 45 LC for 32.50 per box. I took all 4 boxes off the guy. Pretty good deal I thought. Aside from that it was a pretty typical show.

Allen at qmmo.net has 45 long colt for $21-22 per 50. Good guy and great quality ammo (and he is 10 minutes from the Foxboro show).

Agreed, Allen is a great guy with great product/pricing and will beat out almost anyone else for remanufactured ammo of commercial (actually better) quality.

----------------------

Also see my comments on getting good info on Fed laws/regs at this show here:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...isit-ATF-Table-for-Handouts-on-Fed-Rules-Laws

Agreed, Allen is a great guy with great product/pricing and will beat out almost anyone else for remanufactured ammo of commercial (actually better) quality.

----------------------

Also see my comments on getting good info on Fed laws/regs at this show here:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...isit-ATF-Table-for-Handouts-on-Fed-Rules-Laws

He does make some great ammo, but remember the low cost comes with a requirement. You need to police up 100% of the brass and return it to him. Failure to do so means he will not sell to you again. To me it's well worth the deal.

Once I get to know folks, coming up short on brass from time to time is no big deal. Most bring back more than what they shoot plus bring in brass they know I load. Makes for good Karma and helps with the load queue. People that buy say, 500 rds of M2 Ball and then promise to return the brass and the can they were packaged in and then don't do it even after being repeatedly asked to return said brass, I have no use for. Many are on this forum too (no one in this thread though...). Go figure.

Vendors were arguing with each other? Inquiring minds need to hear more. [wink]

At the last show, a couple of the vendors on the left side of the hall were all mad and worked up, threatening to call the police on each other over some simple nonsense. This show, it seemed the same people were all worked up about something else.

Back
Top Bottom