Foxboro: Gentlemen's 3-gun

chrismshanks

NES Member
for members guests and invitees:

We are holding our 1st ever Gentlemen's 3-gun on Saturday 7/20/19 at Independent Sportsmen's Club in Foxboro, which will include all three of our events in one day:

We design our events to make them safe and "entry level" fun for all those considering to try competitive shooting. Many of our rules, range commands & procedures are consistent with or borrowed from other typical competitive formats (IDPA, USPSA, etc...) to keep them familiar and form good habits to those who wish to compete further

3 stages, 1 gun per stage
Steel plate shoot (rifle)
Static Clays (shotgun)
Bowling Pins (pistol)

All will be against the clock (instead of 'head-to-head' like in the videos) with a 60 par time for each stage
- bonus time deducted off overall time for use of handicapped guns (ie: revolver, bolt action rifle, 2 barrel shotgun, etc...)
- each shooter will get 3 chances at each stage for best time
- $20 entry
- must pre-register
- for all questions and pre-register: [email protected]

Attachments

• 3gunflyer_7_20_19.pdf
    294.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 3gun_rules(2).pdf
    131.6 KB · Views: 9
So....when you say, "Gentleman's," is that gentleman, in the proper attire sense ( e.g. jacket and tie), or as in Gentlemen's club (i.e. strippers)?

Good question!

I compete regularly in local 3 gun matches, there's a lot of shooting & moving, shooting while moving, dumping/switching guns etc...
In this event, the shooter will be static & the shooting will be only 1 gun per stage

For those that may not want to do the 'moving' part but focus on their marksmanship while on the clock with simple objectives. More of a "gentlemen's" game (as the English might say!... I don't really know for sure) - if you will

Hope that answers your question

Good question!

I compete regularly in local 3 gun matches, there's a lot of shooting & moving, shooting while moving, dumping/switching guns etc...
In this event, the shooter will be static & the shooting will be only 1 gun per stage

For those that may not want to do the 'moving' part but focus on their marksmanship while on the clock with simple objectives. More of a "gentlemen's" game (as the English might say!... I don't really know for sure) - if you will

Hope that answers your question

Well, this is not a 3-gun match. This is fuddy shooting some guns match.

Independent used to have pretty good USPSA-light matches. Now it has this...

We're making strides with what we have

I'm a USPSA member and an IDPA member, I understand what you are saying, but I'll take slight progress over absolute lacking any day.

We are pleased to be able to afford those interested with some degree of 'entry level' competition and help them by being the stepping stone to see if they want to go further, wouldn't you agree?

Back
Top Bottom