• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fox News Joins the "Mexico Is Our Fault" Bandwagon

I searched here and didn't see anyone talking about this, sorry if it's a dupe-

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video...alPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

Greta Van Sustern On the Record shoots at the ATF range. In it the ATF guys (and Greta) are shooting full-auto rifles and correctly state that those are coming from Central America, but they go on to say most of the weapons used by Mexican drug gangs are coming from U.S. and that AK variants from the U.S. are easily converted to full-auto, etc.

Hatchet job. I didn't expect this from Fox News. The previous clip w/ Greta of all the semi-autos seized by ATF was even worse.

I was watching this. Those P90 variants just don't fit what I've run into. But even if it's true that all of those guns were going to mexico, it was still just a handfull of guns. Was uncool to see the ATF guy pull out the Barret.

Kinda increases the fear factor seeing those FN FiveSevens though. With the right ammo, those pistols are ugly.

Still, the ATF guy said most of the weapons were coming from central america multiple times in the interview.

Shitty muzzle control, Greta. "Easily convertible? For the AK you need to find or make the full auto bolt carrier, the fire control parts, the drill fixture, drills, rivets etc. Not so easy. And all you end up with, if you can get it to work, is a machine gun with the power of a .30-30. Do they say how many converted ones they recover? Jack

Still, the ATF guy said most of the weapons were coming from central america multiple times in the interview.

He did not. He said that only the full-auto weapons were coming from Central America, and that most of the firepower was from the United States, he says at 2:40 marker in video and I quote--

"And again this is the type of firepower that you're seeing, that is being recovered on a daily basis in Mexico, machineguns that are being sourced through Central America, but the predominant amount of weapons that we see are being being purchased here and trafficked into Mexico"

Greta's job at Fox is to be the 'liberal' view anyway. No surprise and as JRyan points out, Fox has never been particularly pro 2A

Fox is garbage. It would be nice to have at least one news network that actually delivered the news without giving it a slant or bias of any kind. I'm inclined to believe that I have a better chance of seeing Jesus and Mohammed politely debating the merits of the AR vs. AK at an Appleseed than having that happen. It's as if most major news agencies feel we're too f-ing stupid to process basic information ourselves and render a decision without someone helping us along. I can't watch fifteen minutes of Fox, CNN, ANY news without getting annoyed at the useless shit that's usually added into everything. The TV commonly ends up baearing the brunt of me yelling, "I DON'T NEED WORTHLESS OPINION OF ANY KIND INSERTED INTO THE NEWS, YOU DOUCHEBAGS!" [angry2]

Fox is garbage. It would be nice to have at least one news network that actually delivered the news without giving it a slant or bias of any kind. I'm inclined to believe that I have a better chance of seeing Jesus and Mohammed politely debating the merits of the AR vs. AK at an Appleseed than having that happen. It's as if most major news agencies feel we're too f-ing stupid to process basic information ourselves and render a decision without someone helping us along. I can't watch fifteen minutes of Fox, CNN, ANY news without getting annoyed at the useless shit the interject into everything. I DON'T NEED WORTHLESS OPINION OF ANY KIND INSERTED INTO NEWS. [angry2]

+1 to that. "News" seems to have become a synonym for "commentary" on all the major networks.

Somebody needs to tell Greta that if she tucks that elbow closer to her side that she will have a better shooting platform!!!

Also, I find it funny/saddening that when REAL experts explain how full-auto guns are not comingfrom the US they just say,"yeah but semis are converted easily" When will they have to accept that their numbers will never add up....and why the hell aren't we calling out the mexican army????

Fox is no friend to the 2a.

Okaaaay.... is that why that raging liberal gun hating Glenn Beck is on Fox? Sean Hannity?

Fox is by FAR the most gun-friendly, pro-2a MSM organization in existence. That's why I was surprised to see them jumping on the bandwagon.

Okaaaay.... is that why that raging liberal gun hating Glenn Beck is on Fox? Sean Hannity?

Fox is by FAR the most gun-friendly, pro-2a MSM organization in existence. That's why I was surprised to see them jumping on the bandwagon.

Fox might tilt a bit more towards pro 2a than the other crap, but it's still going to throw us under the bus all the time.

Fox is....in the middle. Beck is pro gun for sure. Hanity is probably pro gun. Gretta is anti. I suspect that O'Reily is anti, but he is smart enough to not p.o. the majority of his audience and say so. O'Reily could sway a lot of voters our way, but I have not seen him try to.

Wow she is really, really bad shooter. Or she is purposely trying to make it look like spray and pray.

Fox is garbage. It would be nice to have at least one news network that actually delivered the news without giving it a slant or bias of any kind. I'm inclined to believe that I have a better chance of seeing Jesus and Mohammed politely debating the merits of the AR vs. AK at an Appleseed than having that happen. It's as if most major news agencies feel we're too f-ing stupid to process basic information ourselves and render a decision without someone helping us along. I can't watch fifteen minutes of Fox, CNN, ANY news without getting annoyed at the useless shit that's usually added into everything. The TV commonly ends up baearing the brunt of me yelling, "I DON'T NEED WORTHLESS OPINION OF ANY KIND INSERTED INTO THE NEWS, YOU DOUCHEBAGS!" [angry2]

How can they when practically every major news network is owned by large media conglomerates who have stakes in all types of industries. Thanks to favorable regulations and other laws you'll never see a media organization that isn't hiding something or protecting important individuals from damages.

I see the exchange as: us folks in the government will write laws favorable to media consolidation that trample the property rights of individuals just so long as you folks in the media report on issues of little importance or substance and act as a major propaganda arm of the government.

Commentary is cheaper. Real investigative reporting is expensive.
This was the largest reason given in a recent interview I watched regarding the downfall of newspaper as a dominant medium - the vast majority is now:
- opinion cloaked as news
- regurgitated, barely re-written AP reports
- poorly researched "reporting" with "facts" pulled from 2nd-hand sources that already have added their opinion/spin

It's supposed to inform, but unfortunately is intended to provide entertainment and little else.

That's what the market demands... [thinking]

I think it is pretty ESSENTIAL for an NRA representative to go on Gretta's show to:
1) debunk the myths the ATF spouted
2) give her some shooting tips

This was the largest reason given in a recent interview I watched regarding the downfall of newspaper as a dominant medium - the vast majority is now:
- opinion cloaked as news
- regurgitated, barely re-written AP reports
- poorly researched "reporting" with "facts" pulled from 2nd-hand sources that already have added their opinion/spin

It's supposed to inform, but unfortunately is intended to provide entertainment and little else.

That's what the market demands... [thinking]

I agree except for the last part. The market obviously demands more and the newspapers are suffering as a result.

The newspapers consolidated and tried to save money to raise profits. Ironically, that backfired on them and the money savings has made the newspapers irrelevant for the reasons you state. The end result is nobody cares about the newspapers so the ad sales have fallen and the newspapers are dying.

I agree except for the last part. The market obviously demands more and the newspapers are suffering as a result.

The newspapers consolidated and tried to save money to raise profits. Ironically, that backfired on them and the money savings has made the newspapers irrelevant for the reasons you state. The end result is nobody cares about the newspapers so the ad sales have fallen and the newspapers are dying.
Sorry, I shouldn't have said "the largest" reason, because it isn't - it's only one of several things that are hurting distribution.

I'd argue that the classified ad sales are down not due to lack of interest in the newspapers, but more likely due to free online substitutes like Craigslist.

Distribution sales are down because most papers freely distribute their content online, and few people with the time to browse the web are interested in purchasing a physical paper when they can read it for free.

There are other angles that also explain what's going on as well, but that's a long discussion, and pretty much completely off-topic.

Mexico is our fault. Should have let Patton keep going there just like we should have after WW2.

According to the libs, and especially "our dear leader", EVERYTHING is our fault. He's done more apologizing in the past month than I have all my damn life! [angry]

Sorry, I shouldn't have said "the largest" reason, because it isn't - it's only one of several things that are hurting distribution.

I'd argue that the classified ad sales are down not due to lack of interest in the newspapers, but more likely due to free online substitutes like Craigslist.

Distribution sales are down because most papers freely distribute their content online, and few people with the time to browse the web are interested in purchasing a physical paper when they can read it for free.

There are other angles that also explain what's going on as well, but that's a long discussion, and pretty much completely off-topic.

I was thinking more about regular ad sales, not classifieds, but that's a very good point about Craigslist, etc.

The distribution and regular ad sales are a vicious cycle too. Many people get the Sunday paper purely for the ads/coupons. The less people that get the paper, the less likely businesses are to put flyers in there and the less people care about the Sunday paper.

O'Reily is anti, but he is smart enough to not p.o. the majority of his audience and say so. O'Reily could sway a lot of voters our way, but I have not seen him try to.

O'Reilly has explicitly stated, several times, that he feels the lawlessness displayed after Hurricane Katrina showed him why it is necessary for individuals to own guns.

I'm sure his is not of the "Shall Not Be Infringed" absolutists, and wouldnt oppose "reasonable regulations", but unlike others, say Dianne Sawyer, he supports some form of individual gun rights.

O'Reilly has explicitly stated, several times, that he feels the lawlessness displayed after Hurricane Katrina showed him why it is necessary for individuals to own guns.

I'm sure his is not of the "Shall Not Be Infringed" absolutists, and wouldnt oppose "reasonable regulations", but unlike others, say Dianne Sawyer, he supports some form of individual gun rights.

O'Reilly's type of journalism--take some absurd thing happening in the news and lampooning it on air, is perfect for shooting down a lot of these anti gun initiatives. Yet I have yet to see him do one show like that on guns. Since he does just about everything else, I have to assume he is either anti, or undecided.

I would LOVE to seem him do a few pieces on the efforts to infringe on personal rights especially gun rights. He would sway a lot of fence sitters to our side. I hope he sees the light.

Because it is Gretta, and she is a liberal by default (Lesbo).
funny-dog-pictures-face-for-radio.jpg
Hannity and Beck are AWESOME!!! Even O'Reilly supports the 2A.

I want someone from the ATF to show how "easy" it is to convert an AR-15 or AK-47 to full auto, with common household items, and no machine shop. Because one wrong move, and you have a gun that is forever FUBAR.

What no one is stating is that... I want to see the statistics in the US for how many of these are converted over in the US and are sold in Mexico....IMO...this is complete BULLS*IT.

Back
Top Bottom