• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fox New Boston's crappy reporting on Mass gun raffles

I can’t believe what I just watched. A firefighter and a cop wow, poor guys. Really going after the criminals.

The story is amazingly factual, for example not just saying the firearms are illegal but saying they are illegal until modifications are made and including the fact that all are transferred legally. Still, it is slanted in its presentation and trying to elicit a certain feeling from the viewer. Not surprised.

I want to let everyone know that I am the owner of Village Sports and our shop has nothing to do with this mess you will hear about tonight on Fox25.
Thank You,
Paul

Hi, I am Mark from Shooting Supply in Westport. I have nothing to do with this story about gun raffles and only found out about it at about 8:30 PM tonight. I have the balls to stand behind my convictions and if it had been me on Fox you would see my face. The shop has never been contacted by Fox or asked to comment on the story.

The Face Book person that reports me being involved, Gen Rorge Roshington which is a FAKE account and is just trying to smear me and my shop.

I do not belong to or have any involvement with the raffle group and they know that I don't.

Another FAKE Face Book account involved here is Charles Feltman who's only friend use to work for another shop in Wesport.

I call on FOX to release the name of the person they interviewed.

If there is someone from the shooting spots that want more information, please feel free to come into the shop and we can discuss this in person. I have nothing to hide.

You two need to get on FB and refute the comments for that article. It has a lot more width than NES does.

I'm just going by the body image in the FB video. BTW, Rosenthal wasn't always an attention whore. During the 1998 gun rallies on Boston Common, he used to hide in with the pro-gun side wearing a low-hanging baseball hat and a heavy jacket in warm weather. Looked like a flasher... [laugh]

Yeah, rosenthal hides when he's in "contested venue/territory" but for a media hit piece like this? he'd be whoring it up just like the
rest of them.

Mike-Weisser.jpg

[rofl] That I agree with....

Speaking of FaceBook...

A family member posted a picture of his son and their dog playing on the floor. He wrote "A boy and his dog" as the caption.

When I looked at the post FaceBook asked me if this was Hate Speech.

WTF???

Speaking of FaceBook...

A family member posted a picture of his son and their dog playing on the floor. He wrote "A boy and his dog" as the caption.

WTF???

Yeah I saw that bullshit today I am like what the f***? its like they're giving the SJWs a pacifier button or something.

-Mike

Speaking of FaceBook...

WTF???

Even more mysterious, now those buttons are gone from my feed..... nothing has that shit anymore. Maybe after I pressed NO like 48 times it stopped asking me? lol

guess it was a gaffe...

Facebook hate speech button accidentally goes public, immediately causes anger among users

Speaking of FaceBook...

WTF???
Something I posted had that as well

I just saw the piece on the news that was on in the back ground. What a piece of shit. It was pretty convenient that they took the swipe at that candidate for what ever office, Fox 25, your bias is showing...

Even more mysterious, now those buttons are gone from my feed..... nothing has that shit anymore. Maybe after I pressed NO like 48 times it stopped asking me? lol

guess it was a gaffe...

Facebook hate speech button accidentally goes public, immediately causes anger among users

Oh come on now, don't remove it... that would be too much fun. I'd be clicking "hate speech" on every mainstream news article and every kitten photo, and leaving the rest alone, just to mess with them.

Would be nice to see a response from Shooting Supply if it wasn't them.

Hi, I am Mark R. Bouchard from Shooting Supply in Westport. I have nothing to do with this story about gun raffles and only found out about it at about 8:30 PM the night the story aired. I have the balls to stand behind my convictions and if it had been me on Fox you would see my face. The shop has never been contacted by Fox or asked to comment on the story.

I have been an avid collector, shooter and reloader for over 30 years.

The Face Book person that reports me being involved, Gen Rorge Roshington is a FAKE Face Book account and is just trying to smear me and my shop.

I do not belong to or have any involvement with the raffle group and they know that I don't.

Another FAKE Face Book account involved here is Charles Feltman who's only friend used to work for Richie's in Wesport.

If there is someone from the shooting sports that wants more information, please feel free to come into the shop and we can discuss this in person. I have nothing to hide.

Last edited:
Makes my blood boil, media ruins everything. So corrupt. This state blows. Let’s do our own raffles. I mean waffles.

What happened to We The People in a free America? Why don't we just give the government our right nut and first born just to own a ducking gun? Get a life and kiss my ass!

If the owner of the gun is legally able to own a gun and the receiver of a gun is legally able to own a gun and the gun isn't a machine gun then who cares? Duck off.

Last edited:
What happened to We The People in a free America? Why don't we just give the government our right nut and first born just to own a ducking gun? Get a life and kiss my ass!

If the owner of the gun is legally able to own a gun and the receiver of a gun is legally able to own a gun and the gun isn't a machine gun then who cares? Duck off.

The Second Amendment doesn't say, "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms (other than Machine Guns) Shall Not Be Infringed." It just says "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed."

At any rate, presumably the actual charges against the people involved will be "illegally running a raffle" and possible "tax evasion", although that would be a stretch.

Supposedly "hundreds" of guns were involved, so maybe if the raffler isn't an FFL himself, he might get pinched for acting as an FFL.

As for the guns getting into MA without first being Neutered, MA gun sellers are not subject to the AWB. They simply can't sell unneutered guns to MA subjects (with snipping them first).

It's all a witch hunt. (and an attempt by Healey supporters to smear his opponent in the upcoming election)

It's all total BS. They are just trying to stir things up because GUNS.

But let's break it down to what, if any, laws (fair or not) were actually broken.

If the actual raffle occured in MA and they didn't pay the fee/tax then they broke a very minor permit law.
But who broke the law?
If the gun is still owned by the shop and the individual is acting for them, then the shop broke the law. But there is no issue as far as the AWB or selling of a firearm.
If an individual owns the gun then he broke the raffle law, but he may have also broken the AWB (assuming he owns an un MA AW), if he's done this more than once he may also be in fed trouble (straw purchase).

It's a safe bet everyone involved will be unsuitable.

Best part of the follow-up:
Boston Mayor Marty Walsh said after seeing 25 Investigates’ report, he wants to know if any of the guns from the secret raffles ended up in Boston.

“We’re doing our own little internal investigation to see what exactly what this means and who these groups are,” said Walsh. “I support people’s right to bear arms, but I want to make sure that when they’re bearing arms, they’re legitimate, legal gun owners and they’re bringing in legal, legitimate guns.”

[rofl] [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom