• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fox 25 gun story tonight.

There is only one way to take back the media. TV News exists not to inform us, but to make money for the TV stations. Same with radio and newspapers for that matter. Ask Newshooter, he's commented on it several times.

The way to take back the news media is to stop watching, reading, and listening. When their ratings drop, their revenue stream will dry up. Only then can we foster changes in their coverage. Sadly, too many people are passive audiences and not the sophisticated consumer of news products that many of the members here are. My guess is a lot of the forum members hardly watch TV news or read dead tree media and get a lot of their news from unfiltered internet sources.

Sadly, we're the minority.

Gary

Actually I'm not sure boycotting them would work because the anti-gun media is backed by multi-millionaires and billionaires so they would probably still be kept up just like the vpc is kept up by the Joyce foundation.
There are supposed to be somewhere around 80 million gun owners so we should not be in the minority but unfortunately many gun owners just don't realize the severity of consequences that will occur if we lose the RKBA.
Too many of them think it can't happen here.

Actually I'm not sure boycotting them would work because the anti-gun media is backed by multi-millionaires and billionaires so they would probably still be kept up just like the vpc is kept up by the Joyce foundation.
There are supposed to be somewhere around 80 million gun owners so we should not be in the minority but unfortunately many gun owners just don't realize the severity of consequences that will occur if we lose the RKBA.
Too many of them think it can't happen here.

The media is about making money. Millionaires and billionaires aren't going to donate to for profit companies to keep them afloat. Market forces are what drive the media. Look to see what Newshooter has written in threads about TV news on this forum. He was in the business for a long time and understands what makes them tick far better than I do.

Gary

Did we forget about Air(head) America? [smile] That went well.

Actually, I think that they invested money expecting a profit. Then they diverted money from at least one charity. I don't remember the details about that.

Then again, is AA even still on the air?

Gary

With all due respect to Jim from GOAL (who I suspect was edited down), his only response should have been "Police in MA are only allowed to buy firearms off the same list that law abiding citizens are. How are these firearms any different than other legal obtained firearms?"

Last edited:
Actually, I think that they invested money expecting a profit. Then they diverted money from at least one charity. I don't remember the details about that.

Then again, is AA even still on the air?

Gary

It was the Boy's Club..Chicago I think.

I listen to it on XM from time to time with my kids, telling them "listen to this to understand how the enemy thinks". Even at 13 and 10, they get it.

The media is about making money. Millionaires and billionaires aren't going to donate to for profit companies to keep them afloat. Market forces are what drive the media. Look to see what Newshooter has written in threads about TV news on this forum. He was in the business for a long time and understands what makes them tick far better than I do.

Gary

They would not support all of them but remember alot of the places that advertise are anti-gun and many people will still buy from them.
The NRA had a list of anti-gun businesses and people and the list is very large and contains people and organizations with lots of money. If you check the list you will see that many of these businesses have been in business for a long time. If I remember some of them listed were Levi's, AARP, Sara Lee etc. Most people could care less whether they are anti-gun or not and also many gun owners don't realize these businesses have contributed to anti-gun causes.
Boycotting ones that are already financially in trouble might work but those that are financially sound probably won't be affected.

0000007.gif

Last edited:
They would not support all of them but remember alot of the places that advertise are anti-gun and many people will still buy from them.

They are only profitable because people buy their products and most people aren't that involved in 2A issues. If enough people didn't watch the news then the commercials wouldn't be worth producing and the sponsors would stop spending their money.

Gary

Once again the media was more interested in hype than facts. For the record, I spent nearly a half hour with Fox tearing apart Rosenthal's entire argument. As usual, they aren't interested in the facts, just "good" TV.

One thing is clear from this story though, the government agencies are now actually admitting that no one outside of government should be allowed to have a firearm!

Did anyone happen to notice that in all the hysteria, they only mentioned TWO guns total that wound up used in a crime? Out of the thousands they were referring to? [rolleyes]

all they kept saying is that they COULD... Hell, my Subaru COULD explode, but it's pretty damn unlikely.

Fair and balanced, my ass.

And unless the report was wrong both guns cited the ATF trace listed the last owner as Weymouth and Boston PD. This would imply to me that the gun was lost, stolen, or illigally sold by an officer to a civilian (Or the officer got to keep his sidearm and moved to a free state where you can sell guns without ATF paperwork).

Definetly if those guns had been sold to an FFL the trace would have come up "XYZ Gunshop, MA".

But then again after being shot with a cheap 6-shot .22 Revolver Jim Brady got his name placed on a bill that restricts the sale all "Military-Style Assault Rifle" and high-capacity magazines.... Same dif, really [rolleyes]

Once again the media was more interested in hype than facts. For the record, I spent nearly a half hour with Fox tearing apart Rosenthal's entire argument. As usual, they aren't interested in the facts, just "good" TV.

One thing is clear from this story though, the government agencies are now actually admitting that no one outside of government should be allowed to have a firearm!

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of your interview, would you? That would make great uploading to either the GOAL website or youtube.

They are only profitable because people buy their products and most people aren't that involved in 2A issues. If enough people didn't watch the news then the commercials wouldn't be worth producing and the sponsors would stop spending their money.

Gary

Yes, Gary that is the problem because too many people still do buy their products and unfortunately will continue to do so and as you said most people aren't involved in 2A issues. If you look at the list of anti-gun organizations and people they have infiltrated many areas which means it is almost impossible to buy something without contributing to the antis.
All gun owners need to be involved and defend the 2nd Amendment but unfortunately from the way things are going it would appear that many if not most are not.

Back
Top Bottom