Can you reach fsguns.com

• No

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl is just alright with me. Never go there during peak hours. Do your research and know what you want before you go. Riley's isn't there any more. Four Seasons certainly is.

Carl can suck the big 10 inch as far as I am concerned. Better plant his peepers in the rear-view! Maura is coming! Loser!

After the way Carl treated my son, I can’t stand him. I hope Maura shoves it so far up his ass that it tickles his tonsils!

After the way Carl treated my son, I can’t stand him. I hope Maura shoves it so far up his ass that it tickles his tonsils!

I don't mind anyone messing with me. Yes, not perfect but I can handle it. Messing with my loved ones is a whole f***ing different ballgame. That's when I really get into it. Papa Bear is really protective of his offspring. It is what it is. Sorry, just the way I was raised. Protect family first!
I came here to make a legit comment on my experiences at FS, got sidelined by this garbage. Can an admin please adjust eddy's post count? [smile]

My bet is with FS on why eddy couldn't get the 10/22 on an FID card. As you said, YOU told them an FID was valid but I'm sure there's more to this story. Four Seasons, like any other gun shop in Massachusetts , must walk through a minefield of AG regulatory issues (like the unpublished firearm "approved list") as well as Federal ATF scrutiny -not an easy undertaking. Carl is smart listening to his Lawyers. His shop, his comfort zone on how far to poke the bear. I can say this; I've been dealing with FS for years without issue. Good knowledgeable sales people and decent prices. Sure it gets crowded but I understand sales people don't have time to spend with needy customers without the wait for other customers getting even longer. Like road traffic, if it bothers you, find another route.

I have bought a couple of guns there, one because they were the only ones who had it and the other because I bought online and they were the only transfer source for that dealer. Is the place warm and cozy drink a coffee with the employes .. NO, not at all. Does the wait trying to get in with the bulldog at the door bother me ...YES but I got what I wanted at the time and once you're in it goes quick and easy.

We need all the gun shops in MA we can get best policy is like Mom used to say don't like them don't use them and you won't have any bad stories to tell unless your buying a suit ;) 🤭

I can assure you that the gun ownership population in eastern MA is largely due to Four Seasons. They're not boutique gucci, they get the basics out to the public as best they can. They've always catered to entry-level gun shoppers. Over the years they've pushed hard on Shields, 1911s, Tavors, P365s. Is there a reason for seasoned gun owners to be shopping there now? Not really, unless for convenient location for quick ammo or a transfer.
You guys gotta stop shitting on FFLs in MA unless you want NO FFLs in this state. They're doing the best they can to advance 2A and arm responsible citizens. Everyone I know has shopped there. Let them do their thing, and if you don't like it, just shop elsewhere. Can't hate the hustle though.

Why is Four Seasons a joke?
Recently purchased a Sig P229 Legion for a great price, Carl has had some great ammo deals recently also.
Been going business with Carl since mid 90's.
I think ppl call it a joke because it is a libtards paradise there. Nothing but 10 round mags and no extra Killy AW”s and plastic guns. Call up and ask to purchase a Glock frame and see what happens😂😂. If you are in MA and not doing your business at the mill you might wanna check the place out.

I can assure you that the gun ownership population in eastern MA is largely due to Four Seasons. They're not boutique gucci, they get the basics out to the public as best they can. They've always catered to entry-level gun shoppers. Over the years they've pushed hard on Shields, 1911s, Tavors, P365s. Is there a reason for seasoned gun owners to be shopping there now? Not really, unless for convenient location for quick ammo or a transfer.
You guys gotta stop shitting on FFLs in MA unless you want NO FFLs in this state. They're doing the best they can to advance 2A and arm responsible citizens. Everyone I know has shopped there. Let them do their thing, and if you don't like it, just shop elsewhere. Can't hate the hustle though.
Agreed. But I only wanna see a deli ticket counter when my fat ass is ordering 5 pounds of GabbaGolla😂😂👍🏻
1668872652849.gif

Last edited:
Yea I think you made that clear ….how ever I have always been treated well by him may be more to it we won’t know i don’t see any feedback about you bad or good. Just as you state you will do the papa bear thing some of us will defend a friend …your entitled to your opinion

I've enjoyed reading and participating in NES over the years, and think I "get" most of the sentiment. One thing I simply don't get is the sometimes extreme animosity directed at Carl and FS. I'm not referring to the guy whose son was disrespected but a continuing theme here among a segment of our community. I've probably been there 20 + times over the years so have a flavor of the place and how the atmosphere gets when it's busy. Staff at any establishment are not going to be as friendly when they're under stress. In my own experience, and observing the other customers and their interactions with staff, is that while they can be short, I've never seen outright rudeness. Maybe I've been lucky.

Even if it's true they cater to fudds and newbies, and sometimes mark-up higher than other retailers, they've single-handedly broadened the population of gun owners in a deep blue state. Good for them.

Example of a great ammo deal so we can decide.
I recently bought 1000rds of 9mm for $260 which is .26 a rd, $279 with tax. Carl always greets me and shakes my hand and tells his employees I'm a long-time customer and he appreciates my business. Four Seasons is not the MIll where I have purchased more than one firearm since I discovered them over 5 yrs ago. Yes, his shop is tiny, but he has a warehouse next door so he can buy in bulk. Comparing Four Seasons to the Mill is apples to oranges I believe.

I recently bought 1000rds of 9mm for $260 which is .26 a rd, $279 with tax. Carl always greets me and shakes my hand and tells his employees I'm a long-time customer and he appreciates my business. Four Seasons is not the MIll where I have purchased more than one firearm since I discovered them over 5 yrs ago. Yes, his shop is tiny, but he has a warehouse next door so he can buy in bulk. Comparing Four Seasons to the Mill is apples to oranges I believe.

$.28 a round for 9mm is a good price if it's brass.. maybe I should get a ticket and wait in line :)

well, this thread took a left turn. so....i'm still trying to love everyone but some of ya make it hard. hurt feelings and bruised egos are a terrible thing to waste. try to remember, there are always 2 sides to every story. when you are nursing that hurt feeling, other parts of the story get clouded.

i live 3/4 of a mile from 4s, been going there since before carl had it. while i wouldn't call myself a regular, the times i've been there were pleasant enough. carl has had some boneheads working there. but they get weeded out pretty quickly. i'll say this for carl, he is customer orientated and probably the best at customer service of any shop owner i've seen...EVER. he knows my face. i won't lie and say he knows me by name. he has done so many things for me over the years, more than the shops i go where i am a regular. i called once to see if he'd fax his ffl out of state for me...it was sent before we got off the phone! i barely had given him the fax number. he's given me discounts on multiple transfers, help with numerous problems. i've never seen him treat anyone like crap, always respectful, even after the customer is acting like a moron to him or the sales staff. a first time new customer gets treated as good as a seasoned regular. that doesn't happen at all shops, you all know that. i'm just saying what i've seen over the years. i've no dog in the fight. if carl does something, i'd just like to hear his side before we start name calling.

Good! When my son turned 18 and tried to buy his first real rifle, a 10/22 on his FID. I told the store his FID was valid. Four Seasons to fry his ass! Carl insisted on LTC. We went to Rileys in Hooksett NH, got him the 10/22, several bricks of ammunition, scope, scope mount and hard case. Very quick, very easy, no MA sales tax. Fed ATF form, Brady check and the gun was in his possession.

!
Good for you. You sure showed him.

Now, go to Riley's for your next gun too.

My bet is with FS on why eddy couldn't get the 10/22 on an FID card. As you said, YOU told them an FID was valid but I'm sure there's more to this story. Four Seasons, like any other gun shop in Massachusetts , must walk through a minefield of AG regulatory issues (like the unpublished firearm "approved list") as well as Federal ATF scrutiny -not an easy undertaking. Carl is smart listening to his Lawyers. His shop, his comfort zone on how far to poke the bear. I can say this; I've been dealing with FS for years without issue. Good knowledgeable sales people and decent prices. Sure it gets crowded but I understand sales people don't have time to spend with needy customers without the wait for other customers getting even longer. Like road traffic, if it bothers you, find another route.
Carl walks a VERY conservative line.

The problem with the 10-22 is it appears to meet the definition of a rifle requiring and LTC in the lab, but the Gun Control Advisory Board says otherwise. His risk; his legal fees; his decision. As far as I have seen he does not try to tell people his interpretation of the law is definitive, just that he does not feel comfortable with it.

those used Glock prices have to be a joke right?
Many of the used guns are consignments, with price set by the consigner. Carl's cut is 18% on most things, 15% on large collections or perhaps very expensive guns.

If you want to make a non-insane offer, Carl will contact the consigner and get a go/no go. A friend who recently bought a $900ish old Colt revolver (non-snake) got $100 off the listing price my making an offer.

Could some mod please close this thread. Fine is someone wants to start a thread about this shop, but this was intended for updates on the website status.

Could some mod please close this thread. Fine is someone wants to start a thread about this shop, but this was intended for updates on the website status.
Done

Bonus content for those that were sitting back laughing at the rest of the shitshow that happens every time DTE gets brought up:

View: https://youtu.be/UbQgXeY_zi4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom