• No

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Four Seasons a joke?
Recently purchased a Sig P229 Legion for a great price, Carl has had some great ammo deals recently also.
Been going business with Carl since mid 90's.
Because they treat >90% of their customers like shit and try to rush you into making an impulse purchase. It’s an understaffed, undersized operation for the volume they sell. Carl can eat a bad of dicks for all I care. Compare the experience with another high volume shop like Cape gun works and you’ll see what I mean.

I would like to see Door Prizes awarded... 🤔

"B, 23?"
"B, 23 ???"...

spin-lottery.gif

Why is Four Seasons a joke?
Carl has never put a dime into improving the customer experience despite being a high enough volume and profitable enough shop to justify it. Expanding their lease to add an additional register or two and provide enough space to not be more crowded than the MBTA at rush hour would be a significant customer experience improvement.

Good! When my son turned 18 and tried to buy his first real rifle, a 10/22 on his FID. I told the store his FID was valid. Four Seasons to fry his ass! Carl insisted on LTC. We went to Rileys in Hooksett NH, got him the 10/22, several bricks of ammunition, scope, scope mount and hard case. Very quick, very easy, no MA sales tax. Fed ATF form, Brady check and the gun was in his possession.

!
The Four Seasons website is down, with the exception of the used gun page. There is some sort of outage in Phoenix. The hosting company phone goes to "this call cannot be completed" and doesn't even ring.

I'm wondering who can see the temporary page at fsguns, and he used gun page linked from the page. Try Four Seasons Firearms and http://used.fsguns.com

Last edited:
Carl has never put a dime into improving the customer experience despite being a high enough volume and profitable enough shop to justify it. Expanding their lease to add an additional register or two and provide enough space to not be more crowded than the MBTA at rush hour would be a significant customer experience improvement.
Au contraire, mon frere. 1668828306457.png

His place used to be half what it is now and across the hall. Also, he has sq footage for inventory and supplies. This comes down to, "it's too busy, nobody goes there anymore". If he gets bigger, more will come. As you wrote he is already "a high enough volume and profitable enough shop". You see the store front that's all.

Could the experience be betterer? Possibly, but to what end and cost? He has a system that works, for him and lots of returning customers. Have there been times when customer service could use an improvement? Certainly. Not my decision or day to worry about it.

Have you tried Northeast Arms, LLC Peabody or the "Mill @ Littleton"? I have and enjoy them all. [cheers] Have a Happy NES weekend. Matt

Carl's a shit head who doesn't get it. After he refused to sell my 18 year old son a 10/22 on his FID, he told that shitbird Carl to chew on a bag ladies underwear and we went to NH. At Rileys, we got better prices, no MA gun registration forms and no sales tax! We won, Carl lost!
I have nothing against Carl or 4S but I’m in a free state now and I still don’t own any Glocks.

Carl's a shit head who doesn't get it. After he refused to sell my 18 year old son a 10/22 on his FID, he told that shitbird Carl to chew on a bag ladies underwear and we went to NH. At Rileys, we got better prices, no MA gun registration forms and no sales tax! We won, Carl lost!
Carl can suck the big 10 inch as far as I am concerned. Better plant his peepers in the rear-view! Maura is coming! Loser!

After the way Carl treated my son, I can’t stand him. I hope Maura shoves it so far up his ass that it tickles his tonsils!

I have to say that I'm disappointed (though not surprised) at some of the personal remarks made in this thread. I've been a customer at Four Seasons for decades, starting back when his shop was much smaller across the hall. Some of the remarks in this thread are just plain wrong. In all those years I've always found Carl to be honest and a pleasure to deal with.

As the largest volume dealer in MA, he has a target on his back. I know that some of you disagree with the decisions that he has made over what he will and what he won't sell, but you don't have to pay his legal fees. Yes, he has crossed swords with authorities in the Commonwealth and had to pay thousands of dollars in legal fees as a result. It is easy to say that he should do X or Y, but none of us are privy to his balance sheet, and none of us have to make payroll.

After the way Carl treated my son, I can’t stand him. I hope Maura shoves it so far up his ass that it tickles his tonsils!

It's too bad your son got lousy treatment... And from Carl himself. Not great to hear...

That's the fourth time you've posted that. You don't have to tell us a 5th time. We get it. You don't like him. He has always been a gentlemen towards me, my wife, and everyone I've sent to the shop.

I've got to concur with M1911. Always a good experience with Carl. Some of his helpers weren't so good, but Carl would always fix it.
Started shopping at Four Seasons about two years after he bought it, at the "across the hall" location. I also know him outside of the Gun store.
He got into Harleys and would come by the Dealership fairly frequently. He would always come by the Service Department and say hi.
Like I said. I like Carl.

I have to say that I'm disappointed (though not surprised) at some of the personal remarks made in this thread. I've been a customer at Four Seasons for decades, starting back when his shop was much smaller across the hall. Some of the remarks in this thread are just plain wrong. In all those years I've always found Carl to be honest and a pleasure to deal with.

As the largest volume dealer in MA, he has a target on his back. I know that some of you disagree with the decisions that he has made over what he will and what he won't sell, but you don't have to pay his legal fees. Yes, he has crossed swords with authorities in the Commonwealth and had to pay thousands of dollars in legal fees as a result. It is easy to say that he should do X or Y, but none of us are privy to his balance sheet, and none of us have to make payroll.
I haven’t shopped there in years, but 4S is net positive for Massachusetts gun owners.

I’ve never had a bad experience there and It’s weird to see people bad mouth them, especially other FFLs.

I don't mind anyone messing with me. Yes, not perfect but I can handle it. Messing with my loved ones is a whole f***ing different ballgame. That's when I really get into it. Papa Bear is really protective of his offspring. It is what it is. Sorry, just the way I was raised. Protect family first!

I don't mind anyone messing with me. Yes, not perfect but I can handle it. Messing with my loved ones is a whole f***ing different ballgame. That's when I really get into it. Papa Bear is really protective of his offspring. It is what it is. Sorry, just the way I was raised. Protect family first!
Enough. Now you've told us a 5th time. We get it. We got it the 1st time. We got it the 2nd time. We got it the 3rd time. We got it the 4th time.

Hate much?

We get it. You’re unhappy. Your son is unhappy.

Did your son notify the state as required or is Maura going to make him an example of her authority

I don't shop at 4S. It's not my cup of tea however I will give Carl a big thumbs up. He has consistently sponsored the MA State IDPA championship by donating merchandise and selling us ammo at his cost. His is the only shop other than Vinnie at Shawsheen who has sponsored the match every year since 2017 when I took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom