four seasons transfers

I did indeed. Right after I told him I'd never shop in his shitty store again. Kind of an "I quit before I was fired situation".

I have no respect for someone who has such little regard for his customers. Bend over for Maura but send out a blast to get your customers to come in and buy up your last stock (the legality of which was questionable at the time). All he cared about was not getting stuck with a few guns he couldn't sell, but gave 0 shits if the people that bought them got jammed up. F him. Seriously.

The reality is nobody was going to get jammed up nor will anyone really get jammed up.

I do kinda hold it against him though for rolling over in an alarmist fashion though- EG, instead of saying "we received this notice and are having our attorneys investigate the legality of this notice, until that has been determined conclusively, sales will continue as normal" instead of that- FS pretty much rolled over in 10 nanoseconds. I was in cali at the time and I got flooded with phone calls from friends the moment after they rolled. I think this induced a panic of fear among other dealers- EG, "if FS is shitting their pants about it, then we should too" which sucked. I think it made everything worse.

My gut feeling is if the dealers all told the AG to **** off we wouldn't be talking about this AWB stuff at this point. Similar to when EOPS issued that stupid edict about how rifles could not be made compliant etc (that everyone ignored because everyone knew and more or less unilaterally agreed that it was bullshit because it didn't align with the law as written. But somehow everyone shits their pants because its from the AG and not EOPS. ) Then again it's easy for me to say that- I'm not the guy with the big FFL making a livelihood from selling guns in this shithole...... so there's that I guess.

None of this really matters because most of the FFLs I use in MA these days are so small that you would miss them when you drive by; some of them don't even have inventory. Most of the bigger locals to me at this point are like empty beercans of Schlitz or something. IMHO "full true retail" gun sales in MA is pretty much turned into a sort of wasteland of garbage at this point. I don't even browse the shops with stock anymore because like maybe a handful of them even have something that I would actually want to buy "off the shelf. " I used to probably spend like a few hours a month in gun shops across the state. Not anymore. Now I use remotes and inbound nearly everything; it's literally a waste of time for me to shop otherwise. About the only reason for me to go to an LGS is if they do consignments and browse at consigned guns that may or may not be at a reasonable price. (over the years I've gotten some gems that way. ) Otherwise the rest of the stuff they have? Meh, hard pass.

-Mike

Last edited:
None of this really matters because most of the FFLs I use in MA these days are so small that you would miss them when you drive by; some of them don't even have inventory. Most of the bigger locals to me at this point are like empty beercans of Schlitz or something. IMHO "full true retail" gun sales in MA is pretty much turned into a sort of wasteland of garbage at this point. I don't even browse the shops with stock anymore because like maybe a handful of them even have something that I would actually want to buy "off the shelf. " I used to probably spend like a few hours a month in gun shops across the state. Not anymore. Now I use remotes and inbound nearly everything; it's literally a waste of time for me to shop otherwise. About the only reason for me to go to an LGS is if they do consignments and browse at consigned guns that may or may not be at a reasonable price. (over the years I've gotten some gems that way. ) Otherwise the rest of the stuff they have? Meh, hard pass.

-Mike

Pretty much the same here....shop browsing is only if I'm driving by and have the time, and same thing, looking for some gem or something from the days of old, hard to find, etc. Other than that can inbound a commodity shelf gun a lot cheaper and easier at my local place and just go pick it up quick and easy.

I don't gonto market basket the day before a blizzard, and i don't go to FS at their peak times. I’ve purchased many guns, without issue. Don’t like them, don’t go. Why bash?

I'm not really bashing FS. I'm more bashing the attitude some local guys I've talked to that drive from out my way to go there, and then try to endlessly tell me about how I should go there because they saved so much money (40 bucks). Yet they spent 8 hours of their day to save it.

If you live close to there, it's worth it, if not, it's not.....you can get the same or better deal online, or just pay a local shop a little more money.

I'm not a fan of the "guns you can't buy in MA" pantshxtting either, their website spews misinformation in the gun community which is not needed, which is also a good platform for their selling of overpriced 20 year old glocks to the misinformed.

Last edited:
I'm not really bashing FS. I'm more bashing the attitude some local guys I've talked to that drive from out my way to go there, and then try to endlessly tell me about how I should go there because they saved so much money (40 bucks). Yet they spent 8 hours of their day to save it.

If you live close to there, it's worth it, if not, it's not.....you can get the same or better deal online, or just pay a local shop a little more money.

I'm not a fan of the "guns you can't buy in MA" pantshxtting either, their website spews misinformation in the gun community which is not needed, which is also a good platform for their selling of overpriced 20 year old glocks to the misinformed.

Could be considered bashing.....or not......depends on what "angle" you come from. If you happen to be a skinflint cheap ass that has absolutely nothing better to do with two hours than stand in a deli counter line to save $50 then you might look at some of these posts and say "damn.......I should check out FS guns this sounds like the shop for me". Am I right? Right? [smile]

The reality is nobody was going to get jammed up nor will anyone really get jammed up.

I do kinda hold it against him though for rolling over in an alarmist fashion though- EG, instead of saying "we received this notice and are having our attorneys investigate the legality of this notice, until that has been determined conclusively, sales will continue as normal" instead of that- FS pretty much rolled over in 10 nanoseconds. I was in cali at the time and I got flooded with phone calls from friends the moment after they rolled. I think this induced a panic of fear among other dealers- EG, "if FS is shitting their pants about it, then we should too" which sucked. I think it made everything worse.

My gut feeling is if the dealers all told the AG to **** off we wouldn't be talking about this AWB stuff at this point. Similar to when EOPS issued that stupid edict about how rifles could not be made compliant etc (that everyone ignored because everyone knew and more or less unilaterally agreed that it was bullshit because it didn't align with the law as written. But somehow everyone shits their pants because its from the AG and not EOPS. ) Then again it's easy for me to say that- I'm not the guy with the big FFL making a livelihood from selling guns in this shithole...... so there's that I guess.

-Mike

True, in hind sight no one was going to get jammed up, but shit was crazy that day. And all he cared about was selling off a few stock items and being done with it. He acts like Mr. NRA but is first in line to wash Maura's balls.

I emailed him, and granted my email was less than polite (but was by no means over the top), he went full nuclear retard. He dug up sales records based on my email address and called me and immediately started screaming at me. F him. He'a a lunatic.

Could be considered bashing.....or not......depends on what "angle" you come from. If you happen to be a skinflint cheap ass that has absolutely nothing better to do with two hours than stand in a deli counter line to save $50 then you might look at some of these posts and say "damn.......I should check out FS guns this sounds like the shop for me". Am I right? Right? [smile]

This is true. Heck, it is the WalMart of the MA gun shop community.

True, in hind sight no one was going to get jammed up, but shit was crazy that day. And all he cared about was selling off a few stock items and being done with it. He acts like Mr. NRA but is first in line to wash Maura's balls.

Out of curiosity, did you take the same stance with the 20 other shops that sent out email blasts over that day? He was hardly the only one. And yes the shops rolled over, but its a year and a half later almost and we've all accepted the status quo. The shops are hardly the only ones with some roll in them.

And thats not coming from a FS sympathizer or even a customer. I personally think anyone that uses the larger FFL's are ****ing stupid, but thats an argument for another day.

I do kinda hold it against him though for rolling over in an alarmist fashion though- EG, instead of saying "we received this notice and are having our attorneys investigate the legality of this notice, until that has been determined conclusively, sales will continue as normal" instead of that- FS pretty much rolled over in 10 nanoseconds.

so we think Carl should have singlehandedly disregarded the AG and continued to sell rifles despite her proclamation that such sales would be deemed illegal? come on now. the man operates a business. it's easy for us to propose such bravery behind a keyboard without personally taking such risk.

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed him, and granted my email was less than polite (but was by no means over the top), he went full nuclear retard. He dug up sales records based on my email address and called me and immediately started screaming at me. F him. He'a a lunatic.

i've gotten to know Carl fairly well since I moved to this hellhole state. I've made many purchases through him. He has been nothing but polite and professional. Yes his shop is a zoo but if a grown man cannot handle a crowded shop then they're probably too fragile to operate anything other than a rimfire. In terms of your ban from Carl, my hypothesis is that you earned it.

you've got to know when to go. I work one exit down and 2:00 on Tuesday afternoon the place is usually empty.
I would not even dare to step foot in there on a Saturday or late Thursday. I just recently did a transfer there with another NES member, and we met at noon.
big freaking mistake
Noon on Friday?....they had the number machine out, took us an hour :(

I've bought several firearms through them, usually smooth and easy, if the shop is not packed it's like a different place.

I wouldn't drive evena half hour to save less than $50, but I live within walking distance of FS. I don't get those who drive far OR wait in line for more than 20 min, but each their own...

Carl is a good guy and as mentioned you need to arrive during off peak times. Most of my stuff is not newer but I've done a few x-fers and purchasing there.

Out of curiosity, did you take the same stance with the 20 other shops that sent out email blasts over that day? He was hardly the only one. And yes the shops rolled over, but its a year and a half later almost and we've all accepted the status quo. The shops are hardly the only ones with some roll in them.

And thats not coming from a FS sympathizer or even a customer. I personally think anyone that uses the larger FFL's are ****ing stupid, but thats an argument for another day.

This isn't really the thread for it. Shouldn't have posted here.

But to answer your question, if I were on the mailing list for those other shops, yes, I would have sent the same email to all of them.

His reaction was insane and unmeasured. That, more than his initial stance on the subject affirmed by reasoning for thinking he's a douche. Worse tantrum than my 2 year old throws.

so we think Carl should have singlehandedly disregarded the AG and continued to sell rifles despite her proclamation that such sales would be deemed illegal? come on now. the man operates a business. it's easy for us to propose such bravery behind a keyboard without personally taking such risk.

- - - Updated - - -

i've gotten to know Carl fairly well since I moved to this hellhole state. I've made many purchases through him. He has been nothing but polite and professional. Yes his shop is a zoo but if a grown man cannot handle a crowded shop then they're probably too fragile to operate anything other than a rimfire. In terms of your ban from Carl, my hypothesis is that you earned it.

I sent him a tame, yet unpleasant email, he dug up my records, called my personal phone and started swearing at me. He was the one who started yelling and swearing on the phone first. F him. No offense but I don't really care what your hypothesis is.

I went there once looking for a Benelli shotgun. FS doesn't have Benelli so the dude at counter tries to sell me a Mossberg telling me it's way better. After I set him straight he said Mossberg is made in the US and would hold more shells because it's made in the US. Screw him.

I work one exit down from FS therefore it's the most convenient shop even when it takes 35 minutes to get there in rush hour. I have never had a "bad" experience there.
I've almost always found everyone to be polite and helpful, especially in light of the fact they they constantly getting swamped.
Complaining about FS being busy is like complaining about the traffic on 93 on Friday afternoon.
It's pretty much par for the course and what do you really expect?
I bought a new gun Friday at 2:00pm on labor day weekend on the way up north and I was in and out in and back on the road in less than 30 min (just to get banged by traffic for the next 3 hours).

It's also not their fault that they get inundated with people that seem to have no idea what they are looking for, cant operate the kiosk, take up all the time of the people working behind the counter asking questions but have no intention of buying anything, or fondle every single pistol in the case before buying an M&P Shield starter kit.

Out of curiosity, did you take the same stance with the 20 other shops that sent out email blasts over that day? He was hardly the only one.

Most other shops don't even have email reflectors at that level, like FS does (in terms of # of people subscribed, etc. ) the first I heard of this AWB BS was from FS's email blast. Then I got calls from other FFLs about it whose mail hadn't come in yet, or whose notice from the AG had been delayed, etc. I'll just put it this way, I've been buying guns in MA for 15+ years and only one shop has an email reflector I'm on, and that's FS. The others that do have them don't try very hard to get people on them, or the customers have to opt in manually from a website, or faceplant, etc.

It's not that others didn't roll either but the alarmism from the largest by sales volume store in the state (by orders of magnitude probably 4x larger than the guy in 2nd place, because, MA is filled with ****ing skinflints) you end up in a position of quasi-authority that others follow or at least pay attention to, for good or bad reasons.

That day sucked but IMHO FS made it worse, although possibly abetted by whoever his lawyer is being alarmist or wanting to take the cheap way out. If I was the largest gun shop in the state I would be like "How much would it cost to get some kind of injunction filed against this stupid bitch?" or similar and then go from there.

-Mike

This may be a little off topic but it seems so many here enjoy telling people what they SHOULD have done in a certain situation. OR what they would have done.
Many here advise others when they get a restricted LTC to sue the COP, call GOAL so they can sue the COP, tell off the COP, whatever...In my experience these people have no restrictions and didn't have to deal with a restriction. It cost alot to sue...ALOT! Or you should just move to a Green town, like its is no big deal to just pick up and move a family.
Just like saying what Carl SHOULD have done. I may or may not agree with FS "rolling over" as many have stated, but I am not a small business owner and have no idea the repercussions of defying the AG's letter. I'll bet suing Maura wouldn't be cheap and perhaps could maybe bankrupt his business. Lets see how many of us could afford to abide by the advice: "WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE IS..."

This may be a little off topic but it seems so many here enjoy telling people what they SHOULD have done in a certain situation. OR what they would have done.
Many here advise others when they get a restricted LTC to sue the COP, call GOAL so they can sue the COP, tell off the COP, whatever...In my experience these people have no restrictions and didn't have to deal with a restriction. It cost alot to sue...ALOT! Or you should just move to a Green town, like its is no big deal to just pick up and move a family.
Just like saying what Carl SHOULD have done. I may or may not agree with FS "rolling over" as many have stated, but I am not a small business owner and have no idea the repercussions of defying the AG's letter. I'll bet suing Maura wouldn't be cheap and perhaps could maybe bankrupt his business. Lets see how many of us could afford to abide by the advice: "WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE IS..."

^This.

Everytime I see the disclaimer note below in a FS ad made puke a little.

These rifles are not similar, variants, duplicates or share the same operating system as any of the 9 firearms listed by the MA AG.
Therefore, we are able to sell them legally in MA

Thanks FS. Now I can buy that CX4 Storm with full confidence.

Four Seasons is absolutely killing it right now.

This is what the latest newsletter says:

On saturday, a rep from Sig will be at the store. Buy a P320c (and 2 compact mags and night sights) for $600ish, and for an additional $60, get a subompact frame and 2 subcomact magazines.

AND

the national Sig pistol special STILL applies to this order (2 mags and a bag)

So $660-ish gets you
-P320c pistol
-4 compact mags, 2 subcompact mags
-subcompact frame
-pistol bag
-goodies at the store (tshirt, stickers, etc.)

[party]
wow

edit: AND all of this is compatible with my P250 [grenade]

Four Seasons is absolutely killing it right now.

This is what the latest newsletter says:

On saturday, a rep from Sig will be at the store. Buy a P320c (and 2 compact mags and night sights) for $600ish, and for an additional $60, get a subompact frame and 2 subcomact magazines.

AND

the national Sig pistol special STILL applies to this order (2 mags and a bag)

So $660-ish gets you
-P320c pistol
-4 compact mags, 2 subcompact mags
-subcompact frame
-pistol bag
-goodies at the store (tshirt, stickers, etc.)

[party]
wow

edit: AND all of this is compatible with my P250 [grenade]

If only that damn P320 didn't have that drop issue. =^)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had a bad experience at FS. Just need to know when not to go. That being said, I've waited much, much longer at Cabelas when they had only one customer ahead of me and one person behind the counter than at FS when the store was packed but 15 behind the counter.

Last edited:
you've got to know when to go. I work one exit down and 2:00 on Tuesday afternoon the place is usually empty.
I would not even dare to step foot in there on a Saturday or late Thursday. I just recently did a transfer there with another NES member, and we met at noon.
big freaking mistake
Noon on Friday?....they had the number machine out, took us an hour :(

I've bought several firearms through them, usually smooth and easy, if the shop is not packed it's like a different place.

I'm close to them as well Thursday afternoon 5pm-6ish ind they are pretty much empty for a solid 45 minute window. I don't buy anything fun from them, but they have what I need when I need it. To me they are like Dunks or Starbucks, not cheap and crowded, but if you need it its there.

Back
Top Bottom