Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

Carl beats EVERYBODY on Smiths.....442's and Shields he doesn't make much. I bought a 9mm Shield last year and he matched Atlantic Tactical L.E. price.
Pretty sure he is the largest volume civilian retailer on S&W in Mass. These guys WILL talk to you on the phone and hold stuff for you too.

Carl beats EVERYBODY on Smiths.....442's and Shields he doesn't make much. I bought a 9mm Shield last year and he matched Atlantic Tactical L.E. price.
Pretty sure he is the largest volume civilian retailer on S&W in Mass. These guys WILL talk to you on the phone and hold stuff for you too.
Shooting Supply held an EZ 9 for me last week. Was there in a hour as I hit my bank first. So while not a long hold the box had a sticky note with my name on it.

Four Seasons will even hold a used gun you think you might want to buy, and not be in the slightest bit annoyed if you come in, examine it, and take a pass.

Four Seasons will even hold a used gun you think you might want to buy, and not be in the slightest bit annoyed if you come in, examine it, and take a pass.

Very true. I was talking to Carl about this one day because I had them hold a used gun and when I checked it out it was kinda beat up so I passed. I told him I felt bad about it because I felt like I was maybe wasting their time or they could have lost a sale. He said no no! don't worry about that because if someone else is interested, they'll put them down for seconds or thirds even and call them if I don't take it. Made me feel better about holding something there and ultimately passing on it. They didn't even mind if I was holding something and couldn't get there for a few days (which I said up front).

I told him I felt bad
No need to feel bad. He does this because overall, it increases sales.

With some businesses the rule of the game is "do anything to close a deal now, you will never see this prospect again". With gun shops it's all about repeat customers and reputation. Carl got himself a bit of free advertising on NES, and chances are pretty good he will eventually sell you something.

if a guy who owns a gun shop can be called a "sweetheart" carl is that guy. i've bought a fair share of stuff there, even before carl got involved. i do have however, an issue with some of transient counter help that has been employed there. i do have go to counter guys that i try to deal with when i'm there. but for sure carl read the book on customer relations.

Carl's a people person and it shows in the interaction with his customers. The personalities of the staff range from borderline surly to super friendly, but that's human nature. All in all, a nice shop I look forward to visiting when I need something. I don't go on Saturdays unless I'm buying ammo.

Shooting Supply is like the FS for us armpit region people, with the added benefit of tons of reloading supplies.
LOL!!! [laugh] Most accurate description of Shooting Supply I've heard. [thumbsup] It's great for folks in the "Brockton Triangle" (Brockton-Fall River-New Bedford)... not so great if you have to drive over an hour each way.

So I just left Four Seasons. They’re well stocked with ammunition although I couldn’t find any 7.62x39. I didn’t look too hard or ask, I was spending enough already.

Here’s how they’re running things today. Walk in and wait in the hall and an employee comes out and asks what you want. If you want a firearm, even if you’re picking it up, he’ll take your name and cell number and call you when they can take you in. It’s a four hour wait but you don’t have to wait inside. If you only want ammo you can wait in line in the hallway. I waited about ten minutes, went in, grabbed what I wanted and was fourth in line at the register. Maybe 25 minutes total.

I was in there last week for a transfer with another NESer. It was crazy we were 15 numbers behind and after 20 minutes or so it only went up 2. Ended up using an efa10 I was hoping to save instead so I could get home at a reasonable time.

So I just left Four Seasons. They’re well stocked with ammunition although I couldn’t find any 7.62x39. I didn’t look too hard or ask, I was spending enough already.

Here’s how they’re running things today. Walk in and wait in the hall and an employee comes out and asks what you want. If you want a firearm, even if you’re picking it up, he’ll take your name and cell number and call you when they can take you in. It’s a four hour wait but you don’t have to wait inside. If you only want ammo you can wait in line in the hallway. I waited about ten minutes, went in, grabbed what I wanted and was fourth in line at the register. Maybe 25 minutes total.
I can't find any x39, I just want to top off my cache.

Sounds like something I will never do. I wouldn't wait four hours for something free let alone something I'm buying.

I'm on Carl's mailing list, I got this yesterday.

1596742090818.png

Last time I attended a "Meet & Greet" a firearms attorney at Four Seasons,
I won the raffle. the only raffle I've ever won. I won a Sig Mosquito.
After some begging, I got Carl to give me $250.00 store credit.
At that soiree, we were meeting Attorney Jesse Cohen [hmmm]

Last edited:
Anyone see the emails this past Friday?

First email says they have Mini 14 mags in stock.
20 rd mags converted to 10 rd.
$34.95 each. No limit.
And, a "limited supy" of P365 packages that includes ("Manual Safety/ MA Compliant") gun, 2 "10-rd" mags, night sights, "MA compliant lock", leather holster, 50 rds of "range ammunition", a box of hollow point, and a cleaning kit.
$699.95

Then the follow-up email says there is a THREE HOUR wait to get into the store, and could you please come Saturday or next week.

You'd think they were the only store in the state.

Call and ask him if he has any Glock frames.😂😂

First email says they have Mini 14 mags in stock.
20 rd mags converted to 10 rd.
$34.95 each. No limit.

I'm tempted to buy those just because the 10 round mini magazines even with trimmed Magpul tabs aren't the best in magazine pouches and aren't ergonomic. Really stupid that Ruger doesn't make their 10 rounders this way and does the stupid shorty thing.

Back
Top Bottom