• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

I have bought every firearm I own from them even back from before Carl was soley running it..they have a long history for great customer service then and now.Carls a great guy and always great prices on ammo and guns..that shop has class.

We're going to check that place out soon. I am a Mainer, but have a close family member in MA and he is always looking for a good shop. He has recently bought from I think it is Collector's Arms or something right near Medford. It is a small place but is a SIG and S&W dealer and I guess is packed with stuff. He was looking for something specific and they had it, so he never got to Four Seasons. It is only 6 miles from him though, so we will be taking a field trip soon!!

Hey everyone,

Not suprisingly, here's another great report on Four Seasons and Carl. I visited the store for the first time about a month ago, and being relatively new to the sport, had a bunch of questions. The salesperson helped me graciously and thoroughly, and introduced me to Carl, who was very knowledgeable and pleasant. I purchased a carbine, and walked out happy and satisfied. Carl had said before I left that if I wanted a case for the carbine, he would accomodate me price-wise then or in the future. I went back today to purchase the coolest sub-compact on the planet (IMO), the Para-Ordinance Warthog, and yet again, Carl was accomodating, helpful and lived up to his word on the deal for the case! Carl has earned my business exclusively, and I give him and Four Seasons the highest marks across the board! Make the trip from wherever you are, and support a great store!

Four Seasons

I can not say enough good things about Four seasons; the owner and his staff are all just terrific. They have ordered holsters for me that no one else had available. They truly try to match you up with what you are looking for rather then just what they have in stock and want to sell as some shops do; no hard sell, just an honest staff that is interested in and knowledgeable about firearms. Probably one of the most reputable and trustworthy shop/staffs I know of. I am not personally friends with anyone that works there and have no financial interest in the shop, just someone who has been very favorably impressed with the manner in which they conduct business.
I reside in New Hampshire, but typically go there for just about everything, well worth the extra drive.
They also have a very good website that they seem to keep updated constantly with good information.

I went to FS on Saturday with 3 friends, just kinda browsing. Great staff, very friendly and accomodating. Great selection and very good prices.

Oh did imention that I will be going back next weekend to get a Para Warthog? My wife said I could have one....minimal begging.... Yup, what a sweet now toy!!

Just wanted to throw up another BIG +1 for Carl.

He was able to accommodate our needs for the first ever NES group ammo buy.

Thanks again!
Adam

I finally made the trek to Four Season's last weekend in the rain. I was impressed. It's a small store, but, they had a good inventory and the guys were excellent to work with. Not condescending. They let me handle the guns I wanted and showed me options to the ones I thought I wanted. Great guys and excellent prices on their guns. Wish they were closer.

gail-s said:
I finally made the trek to Four Season's last weekend in the rain. I was impressed. It's a small store, but, they had a good inventory and the guys were excellent to work with. Not condescending. They let me handle the guns I wanted and showed me options to the ones I thought I wanted. Great guys and excellent prices on their guns. Wish they were closer.

Hi Gail,

Yes, they are a great place. If they were closer to us, we'd both be in big financial trouble! [smile]

I was there today and he gave me a great price on a new S&W. It's well worth the drive. Matter of fact I've been there 3 times this month and have to back next week.

Martlett, good choice on a pistol!

I am down in Medford for the weekend and we went to Four Seasons for the first time. SMall place down a hallway in the back of a building, but once inside it is a great place. Like you all said, the employees are great to deal with and they don't treat you like a frigging alien like in so many MA shops. The guy we spoke with was a wealth of info about MA laws and such. Prices seem ok for a MA shop, TONS of ammo, and some interesting weapons to be had. They had a .50 Beowulf upper on a RRA lower that wanted to be bought, but it was pricey at $1500 and I already have one. If anyone wants one, there's one there!

I told the guy they have gotten rave reviews on here and he was appreciative. Goes to show you how this community helps to support a difficult industry in the state of MA. Keep it up! I'm going back to Maine... HAHAHAHA!!!

I'll go one better.

I bought a S&W 622 with Ultra-Dot on it, used (Albie Walton had it on consignment at FS) from FS some months ago. Great gun! The mount shook loose and came off the gun. I called Carl and explained, took his advice and cleaned it then used permanent Lock-Tite, left it for 4-5 days and it shook loose again during the 3rd mag. I brought it in this AM for his gunsmith (Bob) to tap for longer screws and fix it. Bob, Carl and I all agreed that the screws were way too short to hold it in. Bob fixed it and sighted it in for 50ft. I asked Carl how much I owe him and he refused to take any money, claiming "that he sold it to me that way" . . . as I refuted with Albie put the sights on, not him so I do NOT hold Carl responsible at all for a used gun. He still refused to take any money! [I would have been perfectly happy paying for the work, and fully expected to do so.]

Carl does treat me very well, and I do spend considerable money there when the "itch hits me" and I can afford the luxury. However, when it comes to "Customer Service", nobody can top Carl and FS!! Some others do try and also treat customers well, and we should respect that and do business with them, but NOBODY does it better than Carl/FS!!

Four Season Woburn Mass

There use to be a post on here for fourseason I know I love them carl is always fast to email you back and there great on the phone or in person in the shop.

Prices are good on ammo and on his firearms.

Anyone else have something to say about the shop good or bad put it here.

+1 zillion!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...NOBODY does it like Four Seasons.

I noticed a particular slithery firearm on their used gun page yesterday evening, and sent off an email to Carl. Needless to say, it slithered it's way home with me today and it's just awesome!

It just doesn't get any better than Four Seasons.

+1 for Four Seasons, again.
I suddenly developed an urgent need for a new Sig P226 Stainless recently.
Sig only ships MA certified guns to Camfour and dealers who buy direct.
I checked with a couple of the local guys who could buy direct but prefered to wait for Camfour ("Don't know when they'll be available.")
On Tues. I called Carl, ("Have it for you Saturday.")
He did. Good price too. I wish the rest of life was that simple....

I've been doing business with Carl for many years now and bought all my handguns there.

I have trouble walking and cannot stand for more then a few minutes. I emailed Carl one time and he just said come in before they open and he'd take care of me. Well, I got there 5 mins. before he opened, got me a chair so I could rest my bad knees. I selected the pistol I wanted (Beretta Model 96) and while doing the paperwork I chatted with Tom for a few minutes. When I turned around there was at least 10 to 12 customers in the store (just at 9:20 a.m. on a weekday!). I asked if there was a special sale or something he said no it's like this almost everyday. As luck had it there was a problem with my Mastercard. Tom called Carl over and explained the problem. Carl said, no problem take the pistol home and send me a check! I sent him a check the same day. What other store/shop would let you do that???

Last edited:
This Week..

This week I bought an AR15 in a private sale. I wanted an EOTECH 512 for it, was going to order it from MidwayUSA or Brownells. I asked how much it would be to get it from Four Seasons, and Carl called someone while I was in the store, confirmed they had one in stock, and told them to ship it over with some other things the next day. And the price was just as low as the other places, since I didn't have to pay shipping. The next day, I get a call, it had arrived. 1 Day. I couldn't believe it. That is service!

I live less than five minutes from Hunters trading post in weymouth and I drive to Four Seasons because they're so much better to deal with. I've never had a bad experience there and I've bought several guns there including my two tone sig 220 in 45 acp. It's worth the drive

low stock

I was at 4 seasons on Friday (7/28) and usually look forward to stopping
in when i'm in the area. There was good news and bad news.

Good news no one in the store but me.

Bad news, inventory is way down, disappointed.

JimB

Bad news, inventory is way down, disappointed.

[/QUOTE]

I was there on 7/21 and the inventory looked great to me, lots of glocks and such, store was crowded but Carl and Bob A. were helpful as usual. In fact I have no excuse not to carry daily as I walked out with a Smith and wesson 340PD, it is so light it is unbelievable.

Four seasons

I bought my first firearm there,they were very friendly and treated me very well ,knowing I had little knowledge with firearms,love that store.

I went there for the first time ever last week and was also dissapointed at the stock of used rifles, there were only about 10 there and most of them were run of the mill 22 caliber rifles that were quite overpriced.

Now before you die hard four seasons guys castrate me it was only my observation on the day I went there, that's all.

If I were to find myself driving by there I would stop in but otherwise I would not make a special trip myself.

There was plenty of ammo in crates on the floor but I also have found better prices at some other shops for the same brand/qty.

I like ALL gun stores and I am quite happy to have many of them around, I hope that there are more people who open stores and are sucessful so that there will be plenty of selection here in MA.

Marc,

Stock will vary greatly on old stuff. They get some C&R stuff in, but the vast majority of their customers are pistoleros, so they focus more on handguns than long guns. The used rifles are usually consignment guns, so the quantity and availability will vary greatly from week to week.

I'll readily admit that you'll see more C&R rifles at Collectors in Stoneham and even more at Terry Goode's place (Collectors) in Pelham, NH. As Mod I kindly request that any further detailed conversation here on these other places take places in the appropriate thread dedicated to that individual shop. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom