• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Closed for a week

Nobody should be paying attention to rumors right now. Yesterday I go into a shop and someone's saying "Yeah, an inside source told me they're putting everyone on lockdown tomorrow." Go out to my car and heard Baker's address saying there are no current plans for a lockdown. Considering I picked up a gun today I don't think the rumor was right.

Last edited:
so let's get this straight:

in midst of pandemic and complete shutdown
emergency declarations of all flavors
authoritarian hacks looking for any means to strip 2A rights

...but magically despite complete shutdown on nonessential businesses,
the hacks will continue allow gun sales and transfers to continue
and the 4473/FBI and state MIRCS systems will run as normal

well i hope you folks are right

Last edited:
Another thought is on fri the national guard was staging at the Woburn pd which is next to 4 seasons, they may have asked him to close for a bit so that they can expand into that parking area, or to minimize traffic, people in the area untill they get situated
No way. They closed because the place is like 5 square feet packed with 30 fat dudes. No one wants to be there during these times.

The thought of controlling how many people go in at a time was probably a headache.

Lol they might think that.... but they are powerless to do so.... even killing mircs will not stop people from buying and selling stuff. They would be stupid to shut it down, all they would be doing is encouraging illegal behavior or people driving around the laws. Even Cali hasn't shut down the DROS poopy-caca system because of this.

-Mike
That's fine with them. All they care about is how they look to the uninformed masses.

Most of the laws in this State drive illegal behavior. That is the purpose of having so many laws.

Nothing smells better or IS worse for you than standing on top of the blasting mats hooking the chain after a fresh shot. I love the smell of ammonium nitrate in the morning. (WTFUKUCRZYMFR)
Of all the munitions I had the pleasure of "letting the smoke out of..." the Bangalore Torpedo was the most memorable. The choreographing of the assembly with multiple men running then dropping into a dragging low-crawl and finally turning concertina wire into a pile of red-hot spaghetti... and that smell! Oh that smell!
Add to that the historic application of the torpedo at places like Utah and Omaha beaches made permanent memories...

No way. They closed because the place is like 5 square feet packed with 30 fat dudes. No one wants to be there during these times.

The thought of controlling how many people go in at a time was probably a headache.

Really? “No one wants to be there during these times?”

Yogi Berra: Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.

I was there early last week to drop off two consignments and I can tell you that lots of people wanted to be there. They were metering people entering the store then. Carl had one employee doing crowd control. Asking folks to wait out in their cars instead of packing the hallway. And phoning people when it was their turn to enter the store. They we’re running it very well trying to take care of people just buying ammo, those going through the gun-buying process and generally keeping the crowds as dispersed as possible.

Well done, Carl. Hope you re-open soon.

Surprised he shut down as he was making bank charging people double for ammo.

Im more surprised people actually go there because there are so many better places to go that arent a cramped closet deli line. Im still trying to figure out what the draw is? I think it might be a close to Boston newbie thing....

Guess NJ has, From NRA-ILA site:

On March 21, the New Jersey State Police issued the following message to Federal Firearms Licensees.

On Saturday March 21, 2020, Governor Phil Murphy announced he is putting New Jersey in lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus. Per Executive Order 107, he is ordering the residents of New Jersey to stay home, directing all non-essential retail businesses closed to the public. At this time, the order includes New Jersey Firearms State Licensed Dealers. The New Jersey State Police NICS Unit is directing the vendor of the NICS Online Application (NICUSA) to turn off the NICS Online Services for submitting NICS transactions by eliminating the “Request Form” button, effective 9:00pm EST, Saturday, March 21, 2020. You will still have the ability to view the message board and the status of previously submitted transactions. This “Request Form” feature will remain off until further order by Governor Murphy.

Im more surprised people actually go there because there are so many better places to go that arent a cramped closet deli line. Im still trying to figure out what the draw is? I think it might be a close to Boston newbie thing....
When I lived in MA I felt the same way about the place although I used to love Holly when she was around back in the day

Last edited:
I think it might be a close to Boston newbie thing....
i don't know...you might want to think again....i've posted before i've overheard people boasting to carl they dove off the vineyard to buy whatever they were buying at the time. i don't understand it myself, i go to where they have what i want and really don't price shop.

Nothing smells better or IS worse for you than standing on top of the blasting mats hooking the chain after a fresh shot. I love the smell of ammonium nitrate in the morning. (WTFUKUCRZYMFR)
I don't remember the names, by my wife had two neighbors growing up with interesting nicknames. The guy with the snow blower was called "nine fingers" and the one who blasted for a living was called "one arm".

Skinflints love aggressive pricing, and will do irrational things to obtain guns at those prices. and MA is loaded with f***ing skinflints. [laugh]

Also it's different now, but 10+ yrs ago there were a lot of shops that were horrendously bad. Like as in "Selling it for $100 more than FS was" bad. Hence the
draw. If a lot of the stores on the southcoast/cape/wherever were going full cosby, people would make the drive to save themselves $100.

At one point you could draw a slash from like central MA going up underneath Woburn and basically go "most guns and ammo are way more expensive below this line" . It was
that bad. There were limited exceptions, but that was a big part of it.

The other thing was FS was one of the closest stores to the shitty urban cup area. So it was popular for the same reason MRA is popular even if it kinda sucks... because people that live in the cup are f***ing lazy and don't want to drive anywhere, FS was at the practical limit of their "moaning and groaning" radius. So FS was between the north shore and the cup... strategic location.

-Mike

Guess NJ has, From NRA-ILA site:

On March 21, the New Jersey State Police issued the following message to Federal Firearms Licensees.

On Saturday March 21, 2020, Governor Phil Murphy announced he is putting New Jersey in lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus. Per Executive Order 107, he is ordering the residents of New Jersey to stay home, directing all non-essential retail businesses closed to the public. At this time, the order includes New Jersey Firearms State Licensed Dealers. The New Jersey State Police NICS Unit is directing the vendor of the NICS Online Application (NICUSA) to turn off the NICS Online Services for submitting NICS transactions by eliminating the “Request Form” button, effective 9:00pm EST, Saturday, March 21, 2020. You will still have the ability to view the message board and the status of previously submitted transactions. This “Request Form” feature will remain off until further order by Governor Murphy.

If Government backs out of their Licensing responsibilities, does that leave granting a firearm to a non-licensed person the responsibility of the Populace...? [rofl2]

I don't remember the names, by my wife had two neighbors growing up with interesting nicknames. The guy with the snow blower was called "nine fingers" and the one who blasted for a living was called "one arm".
Lol. I knew a "Oneball"...

Of all the munitions I had the pleasure of "letting the smoke out of..." the Bangalore Torpedo was the most memorable. The choreographing of the assembly with multiple men running then dropping into a dragging low-crawl and finally turning concertina wire into a pile of red-hot spaghetti... and that smell! Oh that smell!
Add to that the historic application of the torpedo at places like Utah and Omaha beaches made permanent memories...

I can smell that memory.

I've known Carl for over 23 years and not just "Hey Carl, sell me that gun would Ya?"
He has visited me in my Harley Shop and we have had coffee together and talked bikes.
Carl is a good guy in a tough business here in Massachusetts. I call him a friend.
Not everyone has had great experiences at Four Seasons but the sheer number of good interactions, by far outweigh the negative.
~Enbloc

Back
Top Bottom