• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Closed for a week

Surprised he shut down as he was making bank charging people double for ammo.

Im more surprised people actually go there because there are so many better places to go that arent a cramped closet deli line. Im still trying to figure out what the draw is? I think it might be a close to Boston newbie thing....
It’s totally a newbie thing combined with being a skinflint. Though lately people are paying $17 for a box of 9 so I don’t know. People in that area of 95, could easily drive to Northeast Arms and buy ammo for cheaper and not get crammed in like sardines.

Edit: didn’t read all comments before posting and Drgrant beat me to it [laugh]

FS does a service to our hobby.
Ohh man if you only knew. You would definitely take back that statement. But I’ll keep quiet about that. There are others here that are aware of some shitty stuff he’s done that does NOT benefit the 2a community.

hate to piss on the picnic, but there is little doubt in my mind the state will shut down firearms sales. i'm somewhat surprised they haven't already. if FS reopens at any point this spring i will be shocked. the part i'm less sure about is whether they will disable the FA10 private sale option.
They dont have to, all the guns and ammo be gone already.

My buddy makes regular runs to Bangor from Greenville to the infusion lab for his wife. This morning he called me and says he saw maybe 25 cars the whole trip and for fun he popped into Maine Military for a look around to see the damage as it's one of his regular drop ins while see is in the lab.
Anybody who has ever been in there can attest the place is always very well stocked. Not this morning. Ammo is limited to 1 box and there might be 50 guns left for sale and some of them were real off brands he never even heard of.

Lol they might think that.... but they are powerless to do so.... even killing mircs will not stop people from buying and selling stuff. They would be stupid to shut it down, all they would be doing is encouraging illegal behavior or people driving around the laws. Even Cali hasn't shut down the DROS poopy-caca system because of this.

-Mike

hmm....
NES useful resource for info, predictions not so much
if gunshops re-open by summer i will be shocked
now lets see how long MIRCS stays up; hopefully im wrong

hmm....
NES useful resource for info, predictions not so much
if gunshops re-open by summer i will be shocked
now lets see how long MIRCS stays up; hopefully im wrong

I dunno how much of a paste and glue special that thing is, they might not be able to take it offline without breaking other services, unless they just hose the login page for it or something. A lot of other CJIS LE services are tied into that very same system.

Don't forget, the system does other things as well, like provide a means for someone to comply with the law in terms of reporting a lost, stolen, or missing firearm, as well as the registration rubric. If people can't access those things, then the state risks not collecting data that people were willing to provide them in a good faith effort to comply with the laws. I don't think an MA judge is going to be impressed by the state if the argument is "bweah wuh, they told us to turn it off cuz state of emergency!" etc.

In other words, shutting it down creates more problems for the state than it solves.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom