• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four guns every man should own

Four guns every REAL MAN should own...

1.) 1911 .45 ACP, my own choice is a stainless custom II Kimber .45. The 1911 deserves it's own religion, case closed. The others are great, truthfully they are, even the Rock Islands, but people hate on Kimber because they didn't buy one. Bought my most recent Kimber, a stainless 2 for 655.00 at Rural King, and by God they deserve the hate for going so cheap. The best.

2.) Uberti 1858 Stainless .44/45 with 8" barrel. There simply is, NO MORE VERSATILE handgun. It should ultimately have 10 cylinders, 4 in black powder, 2 in .45 Colt, and 2 in .45 ACP. This gun gives you the ability to truly hunt. It's a magnum. You have the versatility of black powder, all it's substitutes, round bull, mini ball, full standard .45 Colt, cheaper .45 ACP, and shot shells. Also you can use it as a flare gun, shoot rocks out of it if you have to, and use capgun caps as a last resort for ignition. This is the survivalists gun who hasn't got the means to clean it often.

3. Winchester SXP Defender 12 ga with interchangeable chokes. You need that shorter barrel for handiness and ease of use in tight quarters. You need the chokes for hunting and giving competent patters at longer ranges on game. This is the slickest and strongest pump action on the market. It utilizes a rotary bolt, which is a type used for high powered rifles in both autoloading and slide action rifles. Mossbergs and Remingtons cannot compete for strength, and are mediocre in comparison when it comes to instant handling and follow up shots.

Ruger AR556 MPR.

This is hands down the very best AR15 rifle offered on the market today. Superior to anything the military has on an AR platform. A monkey who can see red, can be taught to pop soda cans at 200 yards in less than an hour.

Ruger AR556 MPR.

This is hands down the very best AR15 rifle offered on the market today. Superior to anything the military has on an AR platform. A monkey who can see red, can be taught to pop soda cans at 200 yards in less than an hour.
I has a 1/8 twist which is going to be OK for heavy bullets, but if you put some generic ammo like American Eagle or Winchester White Box 55g .223 you'll have a wide enough MOA spread (remember, 1 MOA is 2" at that distance - about the width of a can, and you are unlikely to get 1 MOA with 55gr bullets) that popping soda cans at 200 will not be easy. None of this is to imply that the Ruger AR556 is anything other than a great EBR.

I has a 1/8 twist which is going to be OK for heavy bullets, but if you put some generic ammo like American Eagle or Winchester White Box 55g .223 you'll have a wide enough MOA spread (remember, 1 MOA is 2" at that distance - about the width of a can, and you are unlikely to get 1 MOA with 55gr bullets) that popping soda cans at 200 will not be easy. None of this is to imply that the Ruger AR556 is anything other than a great EBR.

Brother I took my MPR out to the range for the first time 9 months ago right? I had my (now ex - what a sexy girl she was... (sad face).. girlfriend - not a shooter, an old man I call pops who I had met two month's prior, a neighbor kid who never shot a rifle of any kind before, and myself. Brother I put a cheap ass tru-glo from gander on that rifle with no means to make any adjustments considering the downsides of a public range, and none could miss the sam's colas I set on the lower berm at 100 yards. It's an insanely "practically accurate" piece. Practical accuracy to me meaning the kind of accuracy which can be expected casually shooting offhand, perspiring, noise in the background, having to fart as the shot is about ready, etc. It's ergonomics, along with it's rifling, barrel length and balance, etc, in essence it's "package", lends itself to being very forgiving of real world conditions to ensure it's accuracy.

Four guns every REAL MAN should own...

1.) 1911 .45 ACP, my own choice is a stainless custom II Kimber .45. The 1911 deserves it's own religion, case closed. The others are great, truthfully they are, even the Rock Islands, but people hate on Kimber because they didn't buy one. Bought my most recent Kimber, a stainless 2 for 655.00 at Rural King, and by God they deserve the hate for going so cheap. The best.

2.) Uberti 1858 Stainless .44/45 with 8" barrel. There simply is, NO MORE VERSATILE handgun. It should ultimately have 10 cylinders, 4 in black powder, 2 in .45 Colt, and 2 in .45 ACP. This gun gives you the ability to truly hunt. It's a magnum. You have the versatility of black powder, all it's substitutes, round bull, mini ball, full standard .45 Colt, cheaper .45 ACP, and shot shells. Also you can use it as a flare gun, shoot rocks out of it if you have to, and use capgun caps as a last resort for ignition. This is the survivalists gun who hasn't got the means to clean it often.

3. Winchester SXP Defender 12 ga with interchangeable chokes. You need that shorter barrel for handiness and ease of use in tight quarters. You need the chokes for hunting and giving competent patters at longer ranges on game. This is the slickest and strongest pump action on the market. It utilizes a rotary bolt, which is a type used for high powered rifles in both autoloading and slide action rifles. Mossbergs and Remingtons cannot compete for strength, and are mediocre in comparison when it comes to instant handling and follow up shots.

Ruger AR556 MPR.

"Ruger AR556 MPR.

This is hands down the very best AR15 rifle offered on the market today."

No. It's not.
How many AR platforms have you tried?

"Mossbergs and Remingtons cannot compete for strength, and are mediocre in comparison when it comes to instant handling and follow up shots."

So how much did your times improve or your places in 3 gun when you switched from your Remington and Mossberg pumps to the Winchester?

Brother I took my MPR out to the range for the first time 9 months ago right? I had my (now ex - what a sexy girl she was... (sad face).. girlfriend - not a shooter, an old man I call pops who I had met two month's prior, a neighbor kid who never shot a rifle of any kind before, and myself. Brother I put a cheap ass tru-glo from gander on that rifle with no means to make any adjustments considering the downsides of a public range, and none could miss the sam's colas I set on the lower berm at 100 yards. It's an insanely "practically accurate" piece. Practical accuracy to me meaning the kind of accuracy which can be expected casually shooting offhand, perspiring, noise in the background, having to fart as the shot is about ready, etc. It's ergonomics, along with it's rifling, barrel length and balance, etc, in essence it's "package", lends itself to being very forgiving of real world conditions to ensure it's accuracy.

B5D0C172-9D0B-47B2-B238-202D7F830AD4.jpeg

Hands down!
Not all can handle the TRAIN STOPPING POWER THAT IS FO-TAY!!!!!!!
Noodle arms need not apply!!!

Hi-point in Fo-tay
Old black powder wheelgun converted to Fo-tay
Any K-mart shotgun with a Fo-tay liner in it
Any A.R PCC in Fo-tay

And lets not forget-
Board with a nail in it

I definitely wouldn’t be advocating for the AR556 to be listed as a great AR, but 1:8 twist is the best twist. Cheap 55gr is unlikely to be 1 MOA in any barrel. But I’ve gotten under 1 MOA in a 1:8 twist with 50gr TSX. So bullet weight alone isn't the only consideration. It’s just a faster twist will highlight manufacturing defects in the lighter bullets as the off-balance bullets spin faster.

37q6ch.jpg

Remington 870 12 gauge,308 bolt gun,9mm or 45acp semi auto and 22 rimfire semi auto or lever. Pistol manufacturer your choice not a Glock fan they don't fit my hand well but I do have 4 1911s in 9mm and 3 in 45v acp. The 9 mm I can shot better then the 45s

Weatherby Mark V (left hand), Belgian Browning Light 12, Smith and Wesson Model 10 (with stag grips), and a Florbert parlor rifle? After that, a rifle chambered in .22-250, a pistol chambered in 9mm Steyer, and a Pedestal sink...

Last edited:
Brother I took my MPR out to the range for the first time 9 months ago right? I had my (now ex - what a sexy girl she was... (sad face).. girlfriend - not a shooter, an old man I call pops who I had met two month's prior, a neighbor kid who never shot a rifle of any kind before, and myself. Brother I put a cheap ass tru-glo from gander on that rifle with no means to make any adjustments considering the downsides of a public range, and none could miss the sam's colas I set on the lower berm at 100 yards.

Your girlfriend thought it was normal that you were taking her, an old man you didn’t know that well (not a shooter) and a kid from the neighborhood (never shot a rifle) to the range to shoot Sam’s cola bottles? If I were her I’d have been suspicious that you were just trying to assemble a suspiciously perfect squad of inexperienced people from all age groups so that you could try to prove a point about the Ruger in a thread you were going to start on a gun forum.

Your girlfriend thought it was normal that you were taking her, an old man you didn’t know that well (not a shooter) and a kid from the neighborhood (never shot a rifle) to the range to shoot Sam’s cola bottles? If I were her I’d have been suspicious that you were just trying to assemble a suspiciously perfect squad of inexperienced people from all age groups so that you could try to prove a point about the Ruger in a thread you were going to start on a gun forum.

This has to be a troll account LOL

Back
Top Bottom