• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Found this ad in the Globe today.

globegunad.jpg
[/IMG]

Found this while taking down a wall in my basement.

From December 1923

Bet they won't ship to Mass.

Wait till the AG hears about this.

You should put this in the Members Forum.

No FFL? Through the mail? Freedom? 2A for real?

Ah. I missed it. Sorry. Never mind.

OMG!...No FFl? it must have been full of people buying them to commit terrorist acts back in 1923, good thing our AG works extremely hard at making it hard for law abiding citizens to own guns.

sounded painful to me

Fast forward to 2011.

It should come as no surprise that it's easier to find and download videos of "nuts rolled firmly with a rolling pin" than it is "paying the postman on delivery" for a handgun.

even in 2011's inflationary dollar, that is still only $111.95

According to "official" inflation statistics anyway, which I think are bunk.

If you take it as the price in gold, though... 1923 gold was ~$21.32/oz. At $13.45 you have ~ 0.631 ounces of gold. Gold price today: $1665.70/oz. 0.631oz of gold in today's prices = $1051.

I used to work at SEARS in Brockton. I started there in 1959 and at that time SEARS still sold guns. You could buy a Browning sweet 16 for $125.00. But at that time $125.00 could be hard to come by.I guess the same is true today. But just imagine a brand new sweet 16 for $125 bucks.

Whoa rapid fire from a catalog to your doorstep? Must have been anarchy and bloodshed in the streets. We should send a copy of this to Marsha Smokeleys office with a copy of the coinciding crime report of the year....she will most certainly short circuit.

ADD: Martha's office just informed me that all firearms related crime records concerning the years of catalog firearms ordering have dissapeared. Public service announcement, brought to you by the thought police, mmmayfgmhmor menino, the almighty ruler of the us and a, and the office of the attorney general.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom