found, please remove

JoeC1988

NES Member
looking for 30-30. Preferably 170 grain but will take 150 as well. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

News to me. But I'm new to actually shooting 3030. Just collecting. Why is that?
130gr usually has pointy bullets. Put them in a tubular magazine under spring pressure with their points against the primers of the next ones and add recoil. Granted, there are tubular mags designed offset (angle) the cartridges to avoid this problem. Jack.

130gr usually has pointy bullets. Put them in a tubular magazine under spring pressure with their points against the primers of the next ones and add recoil. Granted, there are tubular mags designed offset (angle) the cartridges to avoid this problem. Jack.
Ah gotcha. I thought you meant it was a weight thing

30-30 and 30-06, two calibers the manufacturers aren't producing much of that they should be cranking out right now for hunters.

Last edited:
That's me! "Used to be". I just like to be cautious. Good article. Jack.

I was kinda thinking you might have been alive when it was a bigger problem ;)

If there’s one ‘old guy’, I’ll never intentionally piss off/cross, it’s you.

You’re the reason Maura has nightmares about walking the endless labyrinth of hallways in the Mill, unable to prosecute any FFL’s with her fake guidelines and well wishes.

I got 20 rounds of factory Winchester 150 gr round nose soft points I don’t need. It’s the only factory ammo I have. Factory box wasn’t in the best shape so I just put it in a bag.
I’ll let it go for a good price (better than gun shop or online prices) but I’m in Gloucester.
105620C6-FCAB-4625-8FD3-893090F41A81.jpeg53B71D32-4AB1-486F-8D2F-70275E6161E9.jpeg

I have a lot of handloads for a Contender. Nit sure how much, I would have to weigh them. They are not soft, round, friendly bullets but wicked pointy.

I've been cautious with this too but in .35 Remington. The 150gr Core-loks are pointy but they are JSPs, I only load two, one in the chamber and one in the mag...

Thank you everyone. In the past couple of weeks I've been to Vermont, Florida, Wyoming, and Utah. It seems that everyone is going through the same thing when it comes to finding ammo. It hadn't dawned on me to ask NES for some help until I decided to post this thread. Thank you to everyone who reached out!

Funny you should mention this (and that I remembered it).

Brownells just did one of their videos "From the Vault: Charlie Miller's 1911 and Remington Model 14 in 30 Remington". Miller was an old-time Texas Ranger (served for some time under Captain Frank Hamer) who carried a Colt 1911 and the Model 14. They mentioned that the Remington positioned the rounds off-center to avoid such a problem. In the video you can see spiral grooves on the magazine tube designed to do this. Neat video.

Back
Top Bottom