found, please remove

I have a lot of handloads for a Contender. Nit sure how much, I would have to weigh them. They are not soft, round, friendly bullets but wicked pointy.

I've been loading spire point .30-30's for Contenders since the 80's.
The Hornady books even show loads specifically tailored for the Contenders, factoring in for the shorter barrel length.
I've never seen factory .30-30 loads with hard pointy bullets such as FMJ or Bronze Tip, they've always been exposed lead round nose, flat nose, Silvertip (flat aluminum point), or those flexi plastic soft tip Leverevolution rounds.
The ammo manufacturers do this purposely to avoid liability, they know that anyone buying .30-30 is most likely using it in a tube-fed lever action. How many Winchester 94's are out there, 6-7 million ?
Now how many other .30-30's are out there ??? Marlin 336 and the Henry Steel ? Also tube fed guns.
Except for the Contender, Encore, H&R Topper and a few other break actions, and a long discontinued Savage bolt action, there really aren't many gun models even available in .30-30.

I got 20 rounds of factory Winchester 150 gr round nose soft points I don’t need. It’s the only factory ammo I have. Factory box wasn’t in the best shape so I just put it in a bag.
I’ll let it go for a good price (better than gun shop or online prices) but I’m in Gloucester.
View attachment 522916View attachment 522917
@Brannigan03 i don’t think you’re close to me but if you ever find your way near Gloucester or Wilmington, I still have these factory 30-30 rounds. $20

I’ve got more 30-30 reloads than I know what to do with so I don’t need the factory ammo.

Definitely not close but if you want to ship lmk.
Cabelas has it in stock online. You MUST be logged into your account and then add the ammo to your wishlist. Then view your wishlist and you’ll be able to click on “move to cart”. Then you can update how many boxes you want from there. They will not ship to a BP or Cabelas in MA unfortunately. Must ship to a free state.

Last edited:
ok im going to try this. I wasent able to check out ast time. it wouldn't let me ship to store. I all set with 30-30. I'm looking for 300 win mag now

ok im going to try this. I wasent able to check out ast time. it wouldn't let me ship to store. I all set with 30-30. I'm looking for 300 win mag now
Oh shit maybe they won’t let you ship to a store now? I thought you could

Cabelas has it in stock online. You MUST be logged into your account and then add the ammo to your wishlist. Then view your wishlist and you’ll be able to click on “move to cart”. Then you can update how many boxes you want from there. They will not ship to a BP or Cabelas in MA unfortunately. Must ship to a free state.
You're right. A friend of mine was looking for 30-30 and I told him that BP currently has it in stock online. He tried placing the order this morning but it wouldn't let him ship it to a BP or Cabelas in MA. Lame.
I'll edit my post.

Back
Top Bottom