Found one of my Holy Grail guns this weekend. Woohoo!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Found this beautiful Nickeled 357 Mag S&W 19-4 in a 2.5" barrel configuration with its original grips, box, instructions and the tool bag. I've been looking for one of these for quite some time. Yes, I may have overpaid just a little, but to me it was worth it. Love it when these things get found.

19-4.jpg

I had a Model 13, a similar gun, while my friend bought a 19 just like that.... you scored with that buy as it is a sweet gun

Pachmayer grips made all the difference in the world when shooting .357 loads out of it, but 38 Spl +P loads were really the best with the S&W grips

Nickel has never been my cup of tea, but there is no denying that you've acquired a magnificent vintage revolver there. [thumbsup]

My own related (sad) story: I found a flawless vintage 2-1/2" Model 19-something (can't remember the dash) in blue and I could have bought it for $500 cash out the door. [cheers] Only problem? 🤔 I didn't have $500 at the time. o_O

That loss still bugs me to this day. 🥲

Last edited:
Found this beautiful Nickeled 357 Mag S&W 19-4 in a 2.5" barrel configuration with its original grips, box, instructions and the tool bag. I've been looking for one of these for quite some time. Yes, I may have overpaid just a little, but to me it was worth it. Love it when these things get found.

View attachment 743260
That’s a cool find.

I need a wheel gun or two myself. There’s a certain pride of ownership that comes with such a nice gun, all of the beautiful materials and quality machining. Doubly so if it’s out of production!

picked up my grail revolver years ago: S&W model 13, 3 inch bull barrel, blue ex FBI gun: 190$ still have and carry it today. at first wanted one in stainless or nickel but now it does not mater

I don't own suspenders so theres no way I could carry this
I'm here for you:

that same model gun, in nickel, was my first handgun purchase in 1976. Bought it used from a friend for $150. awesome hand cannon

Nice. Safe queen or will you shoot it?

It'll be a shooter. I have the stainless M66, which is basically the same gun in Stainless Steel in my collection. I can't wait to see which one shoots better. I've said this before but I have a weak spot for vintage revolvers. Nothing like them in my mind.

View attachment 743260
Wow! Amazing chunk of metal there!

Nice find OP. My first centerfure revolver was the the same gun but 4" . Another one of my never should have sold it guns.

Last edited:
Congrats! ...Also, your skill at posing the gun with all the other props could land you a high paying gig as the NEW official MSP confiscated evidence photographer, or maybe a smaller town PD to start off your new career... Can't WFH so...

You didn't overpay.. I don't have any grail guns, but I do have a grail knife.. When I find it, I will set a new standard in market value for it lol

Back
Top Bottom